PDA

View Full Version : Trick/glitch for 'From the Depths' mission

GeneStarwind
Feb 22, 2001, 03:55 PM
Found a way to get rid of that annoying Ash and, consequently, make the mission much easier to complete. Plow through Ruins 2, then make sure to have a telepipe mapped to one of your buttons. Go to Ruins 3 and talk to Ash in the next room. Immediately afterwards you'll be attacked by enemies. Defeat the Dark Belras and Dimenians, THEN pipe back to Pioneer. When you take the pipe back to Ruins 3, Ash will no longer be in your party and will be 'reset' back to his default position. This frozen state is why it's important to take out the Dark Belras and Dimenians first; Ash can still take damage. Anyway, take out the Claws, and Ash will give you his little speech again...but he won't join you! I've done this twice now, and it in no way interferes with completing the quest! Now if we could just get rid of the rest of the NPC's...

whazzzzzup
Feb 25, 2001, 08:31 PM
i got a prob in dis quest......can u help me out.....k....dis is on normal......im playing though...da guy joins me in ruins 3 and then i go through every room in ruins 3....u need to teleport to da middle though one of the rooms which has 2 laser things so u cant walk through w/o finding the switches...i found both of them (blue and red) and then went back.....the red onez gone....but the blue one iz still there!!! i look around for about an hour where the hell da blue switch iz and i find nothing!!!!!!!!!! i just quit the quest!!! i am soooo pissed that i wasted an hour...n now im going to have to do it again!!!! can sum1 plz tell me where da blue switch iz.......

da blue swith that i found waz in da room really far away where itz dark and there are sum boxes.......i turned it off.....n went bak n da blue laser iz still there so how da hell can i get to da teleportin thin to beat da quest!?!?!?!?! (dis maybe confusing....my head hurtz from playing so long)

GeneStarwind
Feb 26, 2001, 03:49 AM
Hrm...that level IS confusing as hell. In that little 'hub' room (where all the other room's connect kinda in the middle) there's a door that wraps around, making a path shaped like a box, back into the hub. Don't know if that makes any sense or not. Anyway, if you follow that box path, there's a teleport pad that's NORMALLY blocked by a blue laser field. Sounds like THAT'S what you turned off, not the blue laser next to the red laser. Go through that teleport and you should field the last laser to shut off. It's tricky, it's on the side wall of a room that you could very easily miss, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled. Dunno if that helps or not!