PDA

View Full Version : Mil Lily Megid

Tareek
May 13, 2005, 12:30 PM
OK, i've read that Lily Megid pierces when a Mil Lily is in the room, but yesterday the most annoying thing happened...
I have my Blueful Hunewearl on Plus to LVL 100 (had to start from scratch due to PAL data not being compatible with Plus), and i was doing a letter from lionel run, i run to the last room in Caves, Lilies spawn, one of them is a Mil. So i go back outside the door, get my Supressed Gun, breathe deeply, realise i dont have a Scape Doll with me, enter the room, give the first Ob 6 hits with my gun, leave the room before the Lily array spits, stand in the passageway and die to the Megid, that COMES THROGH THE DOOR!!!!
I never realised, that Megid can go through doors, is that due to the Mil?

I SO wanted that Demolition Comet!!!!

Skorpius
May 13, 2005, 12:42 PM
Yep, it does that. Sucks, doesn't it?

Tareek
May 13, 2005, 12:55 PM
On 2005-05-13 10:42, Skorpius wrote:
Yep, it does that. Sucks, doesn't it?

sucks like hell! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Jarek
May 13, 2005, 02:19 PM
On 2005-05-13 10:30, Tareek wrote:
I never realised, that Megid can go through doors, is that due to the Mil?

No, it wasn't just because a mil was present; any of them can shoot it through the door. (I died from an ob that way not too long ago)

Neith
May 13, 2005, 02:50 PM
One of PSO's many, many glitches. You were unlucky. Just like when you're in a room, but can't hit anything because you're not far enough in, or when a Gulgus blocks the door in Spaceship... there's too many too list. In future, run in, take 2 or 3 shots, and run out far enough to outrun the Megid, and repeat until the lilies are dead.

Tareek
May 13, 2005, 02:56 PM
On 2005-05-13 12:50, UrikoBB3 wrote:

In future, run in, take 2 or 3 shots, and run out far enough to outrun the Megid, and repeat until the lilies are dead.

thx m8, but that exactly was the original plan... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Neith
May 13, 2005, 03:00 PM
Ah, forgot, I have a god/battle equipped, you're probably best taking 2 shots at a time, rather than risking more. Also, don't focus on the Mil if there are Ob's nearer you, the 'lesser' lilies are still capable of killing you. Said that, just because some people go crazy when they see a rare enemy, and attack it without realising what else is in the room...

Tareek
May 13, 2005, 03:27 PM
On 2005-05-13 13:00, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Ah, forgot, I have a god/battle equipped, you're probably best taking 2 shots at a time, rather than risking more. Also, don't focus on the Mil if there are Ob's nearer you, the 'lesser' lilies are still capable of killing you. Said that, just because some people go crazy when they see a rare enemy, and attack it without realising what else is in the room...

nah, I play PSO since the days of the DC and my playtime must accumulate to about 1000h of gameplay.
So I won't pee my pants when i see a rare enemy, but I ll leave the room, take a deep breath, think about my options and then go kill everything according to it's danger-/annoyance-factor... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
but thx anyway! ;D

Jive18
May 14, 2005, 02:01 PM
I hate that so damn much, especially in the mazes of Temple. I've been fortunate enough to never have gotten killed through a wall in the presence of a Mil. God, that would have been so crappy during my run for Standstill Shield http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

About a possible strategy, keep in mind that the ones you haven't hit yet will spit megid at the exact same time. That's the one thing that really helps me, because you obviously can't see all of them if you're attacking one in particular. Always make sure to hit and move, don't stick, otherwise there's no chance. Nest time try moving around all of them in a circle, that might work.

Tareek
May 14, 2005, 02:21 PM
On 2005-05-14 12:01, Jive18 wrote:
I hate that so damn much, especially in the mazes of Temple. I've been fortunate enough to never have gotten killed through a wall in the presence of a Mil. God, that would have been so crappy during my run for Standstill Shield http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

About a possible strategy, keep in mind that the ones you haven't hit yet will spit megid at the exact same time. That's the one thing that really helps me, because you obviously can't see all of them if you're attacking one in particular. Always make sure to hit and move, don't stick, otherwise there's no chance. Nest time try moving around all of them in a circle, that might work.

thx for the strategy, but have you ever played letter from lionel?
the room i am talking about is the one you sometimes have in caves2, where there is a small part, with a switch, and it is surrounded by water. that part you reach by going through some other rooms. when you enter the room from the door where the switch is, the lillies spawn across the water... so running around them wouldnt have been possible... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
i usually dont have problems with lillies, just the shooting throgh doors caught me off guard. i just should have done a two or three hit combo and left before they got ready to shoot, but i did even start a second combo and left when they started to rear their heads... too late obviously. but that taught me!

only got killed once before in the face of a rare enemy, a hildetorr, which i had piped for, hit me with three consecutive megid spits, then my dolls were all used up... and i screamed! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Jive18
May 14, 2005, 02:34 PM
Sorry, I guess I hadn't read that you were in Letter from Lionel. That strategy usually works for just about every other situation though.

I have never had reason to pipe for 'Torrs, but if 3 straight Megids hit me I would scream too lol http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I can hear that bloodcurdling yelp right now...

biggabertha
May 14, 2005, 02:56 PM
When it comes to piping Mil Lillies or even Hildetorr's, I go in over prepared. I equip Shield of Delsaber/Light Relief, an armour with 15 or 20 EDK and fill all 4 slot's with Resist/Devil's so I have 100/105 EDK. And just in case, I carry 5 scapes with me because I usually have low defence and low evasion because of my equipment.

As a side note, does anyone know exactly what Lv Megid a Hildetorr spits online/offline? And the same question to Mil/Ob Lilly.

toly369
May 17, 2005, 01:48 AM
I know the exact room you are talking about in Letter from Lionel. There is one of his legs near the water, and 5 lilies on the other side (cave 2)? If that's the one, when I got one, I just ran back to the beginning, since it is technically the beginning room I think. But yeah, in that situation, Gizonde is your best friend if you're offline single player. Yeah I remember doing Central Dome Fireswirl on my friend's Plus, and the last room where the four Hidelts drop down had a Hildetorr. After much shouting, Megid-dodging, and running to the door, I noticed his Megid fly past the door, and more than halfway to the next door. Not very cool. I think that Mil Lilies have lvl 30 Megid. It would make sense if they did. Kef or Tycho probably know the answer to the Megid thing.

rena-ko
May 17, 2005, 03:47 AM
youre a hunl, you can use techs. i'd suggest ra or gizonde or rafoie to stun anything in the room. then, keep in motion with lilies around. and mechs or any other 1on1 multihit weapon would be a good deal, taking them out all one by one.

and dont forget. mil lilly megid range overwrites ob lilly megid range. meaning all obs will spit mil megid, which is a few levels higher, thus quicker and deadlier.

better luck next time

Genoa
May 17, 2005, 01:40 PM
Well, any technique works regardless of which room you're in... Exceptions are ones that require you to target an enemy. For example, Rafoie won't explode unless something is being targeted. But Rabarta will launch regardlessly, and hit enemies inside of distant room. So will Razonde, Gibarta, Gifoie, and Barta. You can Reverser/Resta/Anti someone outside of a room (which I do alot, especially when my friend gets owned by a delbiter... I ditch the room and cast from the outside).
So yeah.... I almost got hit by Lily Megid in a hallway. Wait... actually I did get hit but I didn't die, so that's how I knew. I thought it was only for characters to have the ability to cast outside of room.... I was mistaken, but fortunate.

Mystil
May 17, 2005, 02:27 PM
They also have sick sick range...like a WHOLE ROOM LENGTH.

Genoa
May 17, 2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah well... it does make the game a bit more challenging atleast...and if you disagree because your the kind of person that actually puts on resist units... then your just going to be lacking a unit that could be alot more helpful (not directed to you Silhouette, to everyone in general who might oppose). But I guess that's my opinion so don't take offense to it.

Also, I think it's a shame that the only reason the EDK attribute exists is because of the only effect... of death (Megid/Dim/Dark/Hell) There isn't a dark attack that actually... does damage? I mean if your planing to raise EDK it's only for avoiding Megid effects... >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2005-05-17 17:15 ]</font>

toly369
May 17, 2005, 09:06 PM
You know when Falz is in his form where you're on the ring, and he's all flying? What elemental is that one attack where the blue, I think, balls fly at you? Right before the Grants cast. I thought that was always a dark attack. What the hell is that?

Ryna
May 17, 2005, 09:08 PM
On 2005-05-17 19:06, toly369 wrote:
You know when Falz is in his form where you're on the ring, and he's all flying? What elemental is that one attack where the blue, I think, balls fly at you? Right before the Grants cast. I thought that was always a dark attack. What the hell is that?

I believe that attack does fixed-damage and is not elemental-based.