PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Shampoo Yall!!!!!

Anubis_
May 15, 2005, 02:21 AM
If it were a meal...

Yeah,, Samurai Champlo would be.. cookies.. Peacan chocolate chip..

Because its basic, but different from all the rest of the chocolate chip discs your used to getting your hands on. Its different, but not in a bad way.

I think I have a new favorite show now.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 15, 2005, 07:21 AM
Oh yeah.
I hear ya loud and clear on this one.

I knew about the DVD release a bit back(Few months, I think February, I should go check)).

I saw some magazine ads/newspaper ads for it and such. I wanted to wait out plunking down the cash for it, and see if it would turn up on Adult Swim. Get a free look in at it. Lo and behold here it is.

The critic slogan of: 'Samurai action, hip-hop, stir fried in cool' sorta put me off for a second, but the show is just good stuff to me. I didn't expect that there would be swearing that was soo rampant and casual. Usually it is really forced in anime I think(but I've yet to watch much anime at all, so I haven't noticed otherwise). The way "Bitch" was used off and on was just the way I'm used to hearing it being said. I can relate to situations like that. Hehe.

I really should have picked up the 1st DVD set with bonus Soundtrack when it came out. 2nd DVD disc is out as well. I could wait for a price drop, when its not premium or until a box set gets released after enough of the series is out, but I might not wait on this one. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

digigram
May 15, 2005, 10:19 AM
I have the whole series in japanese with english subtitles. still not sure how I feel about it though, I haven't watched it enough to really "love" it.

Solstis
May 15, 2005, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean Hayabusa. The dialogue isn't there for the sake of drama, and just kinda flows.

Not sure if it's on my top five list, but it's at least up there.

*waits for next Saturday*

Larian
May 15, 2005, 11:13 PM
On 2005-05-15 00:21, Anubis_ wrote:
If it were a meal...

Yeah,, Samurai Champlo would be.. cookies.. Peacan chocolate chip..

Because its basic, but different from all the rest of the chocolate chip discs your used to getting your hands on. Its different, but not in a bad way.

I think I have a new favorite show now.

That really makes my head hurt...And thats comming from the guy that just spent 4 days at an Anime Con...