PDA

View Full Version : Another Relationship thread..

Anubis_
May 15, 2005, 02:30 AM
So let me cut to the chase..

Second chances.. Do you give em..

I mean, A lot of people say forgive and forget, but how mutch should you be willing to forget..

I'm religious so I'd like to think theirs no limit to how much I forgive someone. Give mercy to recieve mercy, that sort of thing. But just because I forgive her doesn't mean I should just let her waltz back into my life.

It's not about pride, that words just ignorance spelled differently. It's just, just because I forgive her doesn't mean I should be willing to just let her back into my life right. I have a right to be cautious. I'd rather be true to myself and alone, Than lie to myself and be happy with her.

Does that make since, or is that just ignorance I'm heaving up in the back of my throught.

Orange_Coconut
May 15, 2005, 02:43 AM
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I can't remember if that's the exact quote, and even if it doesn't fit exactly into your dilemma, what I am trying to say is it sounds like you've ended it once, and if you're the forgiving type I seriously think you should consider a second chance (depending on the situation, come to think of it). But don't let this person walk all over you, another slip up and you should realize how it's going to go if this person asks for a third chance.

So yeah, that quote isn't perfect. But bend it a bit, and I hope you see what I'm trying to say. =)

BrokenHope
May 15, 2005, 02:50 AM
Depends what the person did, and if it's the same thing they did last time or something different.

If it's a repeat of the same mistake, or if it's bad enough, then no I wouldn't give a second chance.

Squeege
May 15, 2005, 03:55 PM
I know this sort of situation. I say if you forgave her, let her back into your life, try and learn from whatever went wrong last time to keep it from happening again, and try and keep some distance with that person, distance can help to relieve tensions and stress. It can be hard, if not harmful to try and be as close to someone after a conflict.