PDA

View Full Version : 3-2 MAchines Attack

agenevil
May 15, 2005, 05:35 PM
I can do everythng but how do I get the blowing ice to disappear and get to the teleport??

Ryna
May 15, 2005, 05:56 PM
On 2005-05-15 15:35, agenevil wrote:
I can do everythng but how do I get the blowing ice to disappear and get to the teleport??

To get past the ice, try walking. There is no mechanism for making it disappear.

Rigsta
May 15, 2005, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure that's right. Me and Forte went through this quest last night. We most certainly could not walk over the ice and it did not diappear before the time limit was up.

When we re-did the quest we made sure to hit absolutely every switch and the ice was gone on that try. I think the switch we missed the first time around was behind a load of laser fences.

Good luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rigsta on 2005-05-15 16:52 ]</font>

Ryna
May 15, 2005, 06:55 PM
When I was playing the quest, I used this as a reference:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=93080&forum=7

The only difference is that I didn't have to take out any of the traps. Also, the wind/ice was present and I was able to walk right on through it. When I tried to run, I was pushed back.

Mixfortune
May 15, 2005, 07:17 PM
There should be an autowalk button, to my knowledge. That should be able to work. If not, just do what I do and tap and forward button every other second or so (watch the animation for when your char stops, and then push again).

Take your time. If you have a few minutes left, there's no point rushing it. Clearing it faster doesn't give you any better of a prize or anything, and taking a bit more time in the end beats having to do the whole quest all over again.

Nai_Calus
May 15, 2005, 07:31 PM
There's a button to turn it off, which is indeed behind a bunch of fences.

Personally, I find it far less annoying and faster to simply walk through it(When the keyboard setup isn't being retarded... For some reason even though I haven't changed anything with the keyboard setup, it didn't have the keys pre-set for autowalk and autorun, and I had to go in and set them up. 9_9)

Themell
May 16, 2005, 02:25 AM
to turn off the "fog" part, there is a red pole switch in the room with 3 computer switches that control the laser fences. The red pole switch is right behind the 3 boxes at the end.

Rigsta
May 16, 2005, 12:08 PM
On 2005-05-15 16:55, Ryna wrote:
...The only difference is that I didn't have to take out any of the traps. Also, the wind/ice was present and I was able to walk right on through it. When I tried to run, I was pushed back.

Ah, I see what you mean now. You speak of the forgotten art of moving at less than maximum speed, usually only seen when close to enemies/mines and before the analogue stick is all the way to the edge of a given direction. Cunning http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rigsta on 2005-05-16 10:09 ]</font>

Sitka
May 16, 2005, 12:48 PM
Seek and ye shall find.

I got stuck at that damn ice patch several times - frustrating really.

Now that I know what to do, I'll try s..l..o.....w walking through there tonight.

Thanks.

Neith
May 16, 2005, 01:41 PM
Ive just done that damn quest, hated it, failed it 3 times before I did it.

Multiple Baranz + Cornered RAmarl= Me owned.

Ryna
May 16, 2005, 01:55 PM
On 2005-05-16 11:41, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Ive just done that damn quest, hated it, failed it 3 times before I did it.

Multiple Baranz + Cornered RAmarl= Me owned.

Garanz. You'll have to wait a little while for the Baranz to be released. ;p

Anyways, if you are cornered like that, it is usually best to pipe out. Spending 350 meseta for another telepipe is better than losing some exp. If you have some room to work with, the best strategy for eliminating multiple Garanz is to run tight circles around the enemy formation and let the Garanz destroy themselves.

Neith
May 16, 2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I know you can make them kill themselves, I just have the uncanny habit of getting stuck against a Garanz while i'm doing that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Never was a Mines fan. As for the Baranz, that will NOT be my idea of fun.

When there was 2 or more Garanz/Baranz, I just doorway snipe one to death, then run circles round the last one http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Wow, I only just noticed I said Baranz in the first post http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif That's what 2 years of Ultimate does to ya.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-05-16 12:17 ]</font>

Irecinius
May 18, 2005, 01:09 PM
You can turn off the "fog" or devil-wind ;p
On the pole behind the lazers

Or walk,

On PSOBB: to walk you need to go to config > options > keyboard config.. then under "Custom" there is, toggle auto walking just bind to any key and press when you near it..

But don't do it too close to it, or you will be blown back, start walking little before reaching, just be carefull the stupid fire launching stick

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Irecinius on 2005-05-18 11:10 ]</font>