PDA

View Full Version : Hunter's MAG stat balance - how much DEX/POW?

Rigsta
May 15, 2005, 11:14 PM
As topic. My character is a HUnewearl, I'm think of keeping the POW and DEX pretty even with a little DEF for good measure. It's evolved into Varaha and I'd like it to stay that way if possible, so it needs to have more POW than DEX (MIND is remaining at zero).

It's currently DEF 15 POW 36 DEX 34, aiming for DEF 30 POW 100 DEX 70.

Good idea, bad idea? Any suggestions?

Fossil
May 15, 2005, 11:59 PM
Looks good, just stick with as little DFP as possible. DFP only boosts 1 on a mag. You're better off using materials for DFP than wasting points you can put in power and get 2 per instead of 1.

Rigsta
May 16, 2005, 12:14 PM
I'll leave it at 15 then I guess, thanks for the reply.

Arnot
May 16, 2005, 03:22 PM
You can also shave off some of your projected DEX, 70 seems a little too high. With 50 DEX you will have 20 more POW to beat enemies senseless with.

Rigsta
May 16, 2005, 04:05 PM
Wouldn't it be useful for weapons that have a lower chance of hitting like swords and slicers? For the special attacks too, they seem to be horribly inaccurate but some people seem to swear by them.

Jive18
May 16, 2005, 05:08 PM
Well, in my opinion, Dex makes sense, but it seems there are a few people who tend to disagree. There are also alternatives for weps like accurate partisans, but I'd stay with the Dex. It's all up to you, of course.

Mystil
May 16, 2005, 06:43 PM
VERY nice, I love your mag setup. 30/100/70 is not too heavy on the def and plenty punch for your hune^^. Now get you an elf/arm+(++), or if any luck a god/arm and your set in the dex department for life. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2005-05-16 16:50 ]</font>

PJ
May 16, 2005, 07:53 PM
HUnewearls have terrible ATP and ATA growth. But to be honest, 70 Dex is way too much Dex for any mag (Don't look at my RAcast, it's Robochao's fault http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif). I personally prefer to have the Dex done in with units, so maybe 30-40 Dex, and the rest of your ATA straight from units.

Rigsta
May 17, 2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the opinions everyone, it helps to see multiple views. I'm playing a HUcaseal as well as my HUne so I'll raise a lower DEX mag with her and try swapping them out to see the difference when they're at the same level.