PDA

View Full Version : New Boss Revealed!! Picture too!

m0nkey007
Jul 31, 2002, 04:28 AM
Hey everyone. Go to the site in my sig and in the "Cube Version" forum you will find a pic and some basic info on the new temple boss from episode 2!! This is no joke, I'm 100% serious!! Or you can go strait to the topic using this link:
http://www.sonicfan.com/pso/showthread.php?s=6da41f35c7d3f8ae03fc459da27bbe8a&threadid=37

Again, this is no joke!!

Gazebo
Jul 31, 2002, 04:39 AM
Yet another reason to get PSO for GC http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Defend
Jul 31, 2002, 06:28 AM
De Rol, bigger moves.

Look at the Griffon vids.. its a Dragon, souped up.

Kupi
Jul 31, 2002, 07:21 AM
You might actually be on to something, Defend. It's got a wormlike appearance, two claws, somewhere around four antennae... huh. Really makes you wonder what Ep2's end boss is going to be like. :/

Shadow_Blade
Jul 31, 2002, 09:05 AM
Heh, reminds me of a transformer.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 10:03 AM
Actually, that could be a flying boss.

...anyway, the Griffin's moves are nothing like the Dragon's. I seriously doubt that these two are just re-vamped PSOv2 bosses.

Moo2u
Jul 31, 2002, 10:16 AM
I think it looks like a flying lobster...but then again I'm from the maratines in Canada...so many thinbks look like lobsters to me! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

inferno10
Jul 31, 2002, 02:36 PM
You know, the Ep II bosses do resemble Bob the Dragon and De Rol Le. But maybe that was intended. After all, Ep II states that the monsters have been mysteriously regenerating. Maybe the Gar Griffon and Balbaray are regenerated versions of Bob the Dragon and De Rol Le! It would certainly fit in with the storyline of Ep II.

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 02:40 PM
You named it Bob? O_o

Moo2u
Jul 31, 2002, 03:15 PM
On 2002-07-31 12:40, Mag_Launcher wrote:
You named it Bob? O_o

It was Bob or Joe...I personally like Bob better.

Parn
Jul 31, 2002, 03:37 PM
On 2002-07-31 04:28, Defend wrote:
De Rol, bigger moves.

Look at the Griffon vids.. its a Dragon, souped up.

Looks more like the boss from Episode 4 in Panzer Dragoon Zwei, to me. That boss could swim, AND fly. But all of this is speculation anyways.

As for the griffon being a "souped up dragon", mind telling me what else a griffon could possibly do to fight?

So it growls. If growling makes it too much like the dragon, what should it do to try to intimidate you? Pour some tea and have a good laugh?

So it flies. That's what most creatures with wings tend to do.

So it walks. That's what a lot of monsters with legs tend to do.

Come on now.

Defend
Jul 31, 2002, 05:25 PM
Exactly Parn...

Remember which is the chicken and which is the egg.. The Griffon wasn't some creature that already existed... Sonic Team picked it out of god knows how many boss ideas you could come up with.

Sure it walks like a Dragon, flies like a Dragon and roars like a Dragon. Do you think one day the staff at ST just went "Hey guys.. you know this Griffon is alot like the Dragon!!!11".
What a coincidence...

Its very different yes, but its all different moves, different .. "add ons". I'd almost put money on it..
Boss 1 is an island based walking and flying creature.
Boss 2 will be some long creature, attacking the players from the outside of their area.
Boss 3 will be some big thing in the centre of the room.
And boss 4.. well that's too hard to call..

But I reckon they'll all be the same idea, new moves.

Neogame2
Aug 2, 2002, 06:41 AM
Cool

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 2, 2002, 10:18 AM
i look at that name and i think its a take off of our most hated enemy barubary.

gunome
Aug 2, 2002, 11:24 AM
its a giant deformed mothvert!

merlin
Aug 2, 2002, 01:00 PM
Well.....I'd believe it except that that name "Balbary" strikes a suspicious cord.....

Castoth
Aug 3, 2002, 05:08 AM
Looks like Barubary from Breath of Fire II but souped-up. O_o

Ness
Aug 3, 2002, 09:30 AM
On 2002-07-31 08:03, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Actually, that could be a flying boss.

...anyway, the Griffin's moves are nothing like the Dragon's. I seriously doubt that these two are just re-vamped PSOv2 bosses.

Uhh... I don't mean to be cruel but WHAT THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING???!!!!! The Griffon's moves are just like the dragon's. It's basically a clone; just like Roy is a clone of Marth(you'd have to play Smash bros. Melee to understand this analogy). The only difference betwwen the Griffin and the Dragon is the appearance. Now I admit somethings are different; like when the Griffon swoops down, it takes out everything around him.

Kalbelgarion
Aug 3, 2002, 10:30 AM
The Giffon has a difference entrance, it swoops to attack, and I have yet to see it borrow underground or stand a breath on the player.

Gee, it's missing more than half of the Dragon's defining characteristics...it isn't a simple reskinning of the Dragon.

Malkavian
Aug 3, 2002, 12:37 PM
maybe is a bit similar, but is not a clone.

A clone is bartle-arlan-vulmer, they look different and attack the same, only change the attributes, speed, power, deffense.

The gar griffon has some different attacks and some similar attacks. And different look. Maybe we could say gar griffon is based in the dragon but is a different boss.

There many more difference between gar griffon and the dragon or sil dragon than between sil and normal dragon

m0nkey007
Aug 3, 2002, 04:04 PM
The reason ST keeps basing bosses of the original red dragon is cause that was the best boss they made in PSO. Besides Dark Falz, the other bosses were not as fun to beat. Especially vol opt, was that really fun? Running around in circles avoiding falling pillars. So that's what I think. However, de rol le was an okay boss to fight, which is why I think they made one new boss based on him. My point is would you rather fight a vol opt "clone" or a dragon one? I'm sure most would rather fight a dragon type boss. As for de rol le, he's sorta in between. Just my 2 cents.

Ness
Aug 3, 2002, 05:25 PM
I don't care what boss I fight; as long as I get experience points I'm okay.

Ian D
Aug 3, 2002, 05:28 PM
On 2002-08-03 15:25, Ness wrote:
I don't care what boss I fight; as long as I get experience points I'm okay.

Heh, same here. I don't really play the game for, uh, I don't really know why I play the game at all. Oh yes, because it's helluva fun and I get to meet people across the world.