PDA

View Full Version : USA BlueBurst - Who Wants to Challenge?

yellow5
May 16, 2005, 10:44 AM
There are several reasons why I won't be on PSOBB, at least for now:

1) I've spent too much time (and money!) on PSOGC. I won't abandon it until they shut down the servers.

2) It looks like the US servers will not be connected to any other regions, which really sucks in my opinion.

3) The c-mode community on GC will be better than BB for a good while.

4) I suck with the keyboard controls. I'll either need a GC-PC adapter or a PC gamepad.

Maybe when EP4 challenge mode is released, I'll give it a try. But for now, I'm sticking with PSOGC 4ever kthx.

Edit: Oh yeah, good luck and have fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2005-05-16 08:45 ]</font>

Skorpius
May 16, 2005, 12:43 PM
X-box players are used to regional players anyway, and why would it suck if it's US only? 3000+ players on the Beta kind of proves that over HALF of those will remain in BB for quite a while. Is it because they don't speak Japanese? ;l

And who's to say the servers AREN'T connected? No Wordselect? No reason for it, yet.

Ryna
May 16, 2005, 01:03 PM
On 2005-05-16 10:43, Skorpius wrote:
X-box players are used to regional players anyway, and why would it suck if it's US only? 3000+ players on the Beta kind of proves that over HALF of those will remain in BB for quite a while. Is it because they don't speak Japanese? ;l

From what I understand, PSOX has only had a fairly small number of dedicated challenge mode players throughout its entire lifetime. This had made it difficult for players like Sitka to find games and satiate his appetite for challenge mode. I imagine there will only be slightly more challenge mode players on Blue Burst than there currently are on PSOX. Linking the servers would greatly expand the challenge mode player base.

Skorpius
May 16, 2005, 01:13 PM
You're also forgetting about the PSOXEU and Non-PSOX US/EU players that are into Challenge Mode that are playing BB on the ENG servers.

Ryna
May 16, 2005, 01:33 PM
On 2005-05-16 11:13, Skorpius wrote:
You're also forgetting about the PSOXEU and Non-PSOX US/EU players that are into Challenge Mode that are playing BB on the ENG servers.

I didn't forget about them. That is why I said I would anticipate a slightly larger number on BB compared to PSOX.

Skorpius
May 16, 2005, 01:50 PM
I would anticipate more than just 'slightly'. >_>

Ryna
May 16, 2005, 01:57 PM
On 2005-05-16 11:50, Skorpius wrote:
I would anticipate more than just 'slightly'. >_>

Most of the "die-hard" cmode players are going to stay on the GC version at least until the servers go down or episode 4 cmode goes up.

There will be a few people that pick up on liking cmode, but there won't be as many as you are anticipating.

Sitka
May 16, 2005, 03:58 PM
As long as there are at least three other like-minded players out there, I'll be happy.

We had a real good team going on xbox and that was a lot of fun. There was synchronicity in that.

I'm hoping to find it on Blue Burst as well. If it helps, I'm West Coast and can play most evenings after 5:30 p.m. PST and early mornings on weekends.

I found a team to work up with. Thanks. Hope to see you all online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-05-17 08:36 ]</font>

HiroX
May 16, 2005, 04:36 PM
Hey Sitka, I'll play with you. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm on every now and then. I haven't been playing too often, my character on BB is level 4 right now. But if you need a force, you know who to ask. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SLON
May 17, 2005, 07:12 AM
I'm staying on Gamecube. Challenge Mode has been least affected by hacking/fsoding etc, and I don't feel the need to go to BlueBurst. Much as I like PSO, I don't want to be starting (again) on another platform, and cmode won't be any better on PC than it is now on the Cube.
Also I like to play Ep3 online, and it is not costing me any more money!

Mixfortune
May 18, 2005, 01:44 AM
You'll see a large number of people attempting Cmode when it comes out initially. That may be the best time to do it. However, some things like 4 character limit may put off a good deal of the more hardcore Cmoders. Though they could just keep a spot open for char recreate rotations.

If you want, it'd probably be best to do Cmode x4 per stage as each stage is released, since it'd be more popular as they come out. That way, when the final stage is complete for EP1... bang, 4 Sranks.... final stage for EP2 complete, bang, 4 more Sranks.

A large number of people play the stages as they're released, with a bit of a die down afterwards. Granted, there'll be a large number of "Cmode noobs" playing as well, but look at it as an opportunity to TEACH people to Cmode. That way, if they enjoy it, the Cmode community will expand.

Also, if Cmoders stay off BB JUST because there may be a lack of Cmoders, then they're fulfilling their own fears. If those who fear BB will have a less than spectatular BB Cmode community actually come over, then gee, the BB Cmode community will grow.

Unfortunately, the Cmode community happens to have the most 'problems' with its playerbase, when it's not very willing to actually do something to expand its playerbase in the first place. :/ The issue isn't so much how the servers are linked or what version it's on, but the current Cmoders themselves.

Sitka
May 18, 2005, 12:46 PM
Really nice post Mixfortune. I agree with everything you said.

In a way, playing the BB right now is a bit like challenge mode for me. We're learning the goverment quests, figuring out the optimum routes in some of the timed runs and running them a bit like TA. Good practice for what's to come.

Slon, isn't there an AR code on GC where players can manipulate their times? If so, it makes you question some of the times reported/posted. That hopefully will not happen on BlueBurst.

I'll stick with the Hucast, Hucaseal, Fonewearl as my long term Blue Burst team for both level-up and challenge play and rotate that fourth spot for other chars and for other weps on challenge.

I love teaching challenge to people willing to learn and follow direction. It's misery to teach people who aren't/don't. So far, most of the folks I've met on Blue Burst have been, thankfully, pretty cool.

gream-green
May 18, 2005, 08:10 PM
On 2005-05-18 10:46, Sitka wrote:
Slon, isn't there an AR code on GC where players can manipulate their times? If so, it makes you question some of the times reported/posted. That hopefully will not happen on BlueBurst.

I am not Slon but I will go ahead and stab away...Yes there is.

But you can also edit your challenge times on PSOX to, so...

I am not sure on BB yet, and I probably will not take the time to figure it out.

Sitka
May 18, 2005, 08:46 PM
I didn't know there was such a code for xbox. I've run with many of the best TA challenge players on xbox and can vouch for much of their times. Some of the times on gamecube (i.e. 1:50 TOTAL for Episode II) seem a bit unreal to me.

AxemPunanny
May 18, 2005, 09:51 PM
Isn't there an AR for Xbox? Thought there would be, but I haven't actually seen it. Yet, I know you can modify your xbox. And some ppl who do modify their xbox are capable of hacking into their games. But not everyone capable of this type of hacking would actually hack it.

Personally, I don't find the enjoyment of doing such a thing. It's so much more gratifying for me in putting work into something then succeeding, than it is getting that type of 'instant' satisfaction.

Sitka, too bad I'm not really into trying to get with BlueBurst. (1) I don't want to pay for another game, adding on to my PSOX (PSOGC that I need to cancel) and my up and coming WOW fees. Sure that's only 1 or 2 games, but I got bills/expenses. (2) I put alot of work into PSOX, and I still want finish it up some of the goals (likely not all); normal and cmode. (3) I like the idea that it's on a computer, and I don't mind the mouse/kb config, but the game itself doesn't provide me with enough of an improvement/enhancement (at least on paper). It's not entirely fair that I judge it that way, and opt to bypass BB, but I'd rather play through PSOX, then WOW, and then go on PSU. In between that, we got X360. So I think I'd be tied up, gaming-wise.

Good luck over there... pass thru psox from time to time, if you still got an HL... and I may decide to hop on, maybe for a bit (unlikely). I've always liked teaching others cmode. Heck, most of ppl on my friends list are thru cmode, and most of them because I was helping them out(if not the other way around).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2005-05-18 19:53 ]</font>

yellow5
May 18, 2005, 10:23 PM
What the hell happened to Sitka's first post? Why am I post number 1? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SLON
May 19, 2005, 06:52 AM
TA is similar to searching for uber weapons in the normal game. You have to do hundreds of runs to get that good map+decent weapon. For most people the effort is obviously not worth it, and some might resort to cheating.
If someone uses an AR code to change their times, that is up to them. Yes, I've seen people with times well under 3 hours for E1 cmode, and I do wonder if they are legit. Then again, when I see the extremes some people will go to (mostly Japanese players), to get good times, I wonder if I'm just being cynical. To be honest, I'm not bothered. My times are legit, and that is all that matters to me. If others want to falsify their times, that is up to them. I play for my own satisfaction, not for bragging rights (well, maybe a little!). I've seen slanging matches on Alcyone 6 over who has legit/non-legit times, and it's not pretty.

Sitka
May 19, 2005, 11:14 AM
On 2005-05-18 20:23, yellow5 wrote:
What the hell happened to Sitka's first post? Why am I post number 1? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I decided I didn't like my first post and so I deleted it - sorry http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Unless something changes, I'm really enjoying the Blue Burst thus far and although I'll continue to come back to xbox for some challenge runs if invited, I'm pretty much done with general play on that format.

There is something really fresh playing Blue Burst right now and I can't wait for the first chance to run some challenge play here.

gream-green
May 19, 2005, 11:59 AM
On 2005-05-18 18:46, Sitka wrote:
I didn't know there was such a code for xbox. I've run with many of the best TA challenge players on xbox and can vouch for much of their times. Some of the times on gamecube (i.e. 1:50 TOTAL for Episode II) seem a bit unreal to me.

There is AR I have no idea what codes they offer. I am not talking about an AR code. I can vouch for some very, very low times on X-box challenge TA as well of course those players have long...long moved on but there have been good TA players on PSOX forever...I am not realy sure what that has to do with being able to edit your challenge times or rank on PSOX, (good players don't do that, and you have stated numerous times how you don't really play with challenge noobs) I know you don't spend any time on hAckatite (which I certainly understand)but if you did you might have a better taste of what I am talking about. Shoot I saw a hacked s-rank way before I ever saw a real one, and that was a long, long time ago on the "IGN legit" block.

gream-green
May 19, 2005, 12:02 PM
Personally, I don't find the enjoyment of doing such a thing. It's so much more gratifying for me in putting work into something then succeeding, than it is getting that type of 'instant' satisfaction

Bullseye, very thoughtful and insightful.

Sitka
May 19, 2005, 03:41 PM
Nice to see you posting Gream-Green.

Drag Preacher over here to Blue Burst why don't you.

With Merovigian and Curacklin, it will be like old times.

You mentioned how all the really good TA players left xbox a long time ago. Have you seen how many of the old timers are coming back to try out the Blue Burst beta?

I'm thinking that when that first challenge stage gets posted, you know, the sub-ten minute blitz to the Dragon and barta the hell out of it stage, that Blue Burst is going to go nuts with challenge games.

It will definitely be fun to be a part of that. I am so looking forward ... hell, I might have to call in sick to work ... for a week. (BTW, did you know you can say "hell" on Blue Burst? It doesn't come out like &!#&#.

gream-green
May 19, 2005, 04:38 PM
On 2005-05-19 13:41, Sitka wrote:
Nice to see you posting Gream-Green.

Drag Preacher over here to Blue Burst why don't you.

With Merovigian and Curacklin, it will be like old times.

You mentioned how all the really good TA players left xbox a long time ago. Have you seen how many of the old timers are coming back to try out the Blue Burst beta?

I'm thinking that when that first challenge stage gets posted, you know, the sub-ten minute blitz to the Dragon and barta the hell out of it stage, that Blue Burst is going to go nuts with challenge games.

It will definitely be fun to be a part of that. I am so looking forward ... hell, I might have to call in sick to work ... for a week. (BTW, did you know you can say "hell" on Blue Burst? It doesn't come out like &!#&#.

OOps, I did not mean to imply all* the really (I would in fact consider you one of the few I know of...)good players left dude, you are pretty darn skilled and experienced as are many other current residents. None of my original mentors are still around though, at all...that is what I was trying to say, they left for FFII or some such non-sense and the worst part of it is they are not coming back to try BBBETA they all say PSU is on though...we shall see.

Dude Rev, is an FPS guy, lol, he muderilizes at HALO2 but as far as PSO goes well that's a little different...actually the only dude I know who is really* good at both is strangely enough peanut diagram.

Yea Sitka you pick up H2 and I will jump on BB (never happen http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

Anyhow I may come over to BB but honestly I still really dig PSOX and have so many buddies over there...I will be all over PSU though, day one.

AxemPunanny
May 19, 2005, 05:40 PM
I think the only way I'll jump on Blue Burst is if my PSO-Xbox (I have 3 Xbox's and one I only play PSO with) dies... meaning if I lose not just my characters, but all the items (I have to make sure I transfer them to another box).. and course all that hard work. And if even after the heart-wrenching disaster, I crave playing PSO again, then I'll jump on BB. Cmode-wise, I got all my times on record on an Excel file (helped me track my times for each char)... heck I'd even provide pictorial proof of from each char (but i don't find that necessary). That's just in case my Xbox dies and someone doesn't believe that I had those times. So, I'd be more disheartened in losing all my characters lvls and items than I am with the cmode times. Yes, all of it required effort and time, but at least I got the sranks (if I transfer them) to show for my cmode career.

Speaking of this code for Xbox... was there something where ppl could also fiddle around with their characters/items stat. I was thinking that, when a person lost a character, they could possibly ressurect it, with the same stats as when it died... ditto with items. Not that I'd want to do that, but it would be a serious drastic move on my part if I lost everything but somehow kept records of my chars/items stats (that would ridiculously meticulous) and then wanted to completely ressurrect what I lost. And no, I've never been that kind person to do something like that, nor resort to cheating. Just take a look at my highest lvl char on psox... lvl 139 fonwl equipped with a rabbit wand. I don't item hunt too much, only from time to time. I only like getting drops along the way. Heck, my first and only needle in my Pso career was the srank needle I got last summer.

sitka, let's take it up a notch, the sub-8 min blitz on C1. C1 is by far the easiest to TA in. Almost anyone can acquire sub-8 min. I say 'acquire' because if even they aren't that good they can be teamed up with 3 other great players, and the spawning/wpn drops could be great too. Then again, that can be said for any cmode stage (epI or II sans spawning).

But I will be on PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2005-05-19 15:44 ]</font>

Sitka
May 19, 2005, 05:57 PM
Pajamas,

You'll never have to "prove" anything to me and the many other PSOers who've been able to play with you over the years: we know how good you are. We also appreciate the time you gave us when we were first learning how to do challenge mode.

My best time on c1 was only 8:52, but oh we had maps that could have been closer to seven if there hadn't been new(b) players in the games.

As for recreating, from what I've been told, almost anything is possible with the right setup, but that's not for me. One of the things I'm enjoying about Blue Burst, thus far, is no FSOD, no losing weapons and server side saving.

And I will be there to try Final Fantasy ... er ... I meant PSU ... with you, Greem and everyone from xbox.

gream-green
May 19, 2005, 06:11 PM
Speaking of this code for Xbox... was there something where ppl could also fiddle around with their characters/items stat. I was thinking that, when a person lost a character, they could possibly ressurect it, with the same stats as when it died... ditto with items.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2005-05-19 15:44 ]</font>

Yup but I was not reffering to a code actually. It is possible to alter a characters stats on PSOX to be pretty much anything you can imagine so the scenario you are describing is certainly possible. However I have never personally heard of anybody losing an entire character on PSOX. I have heard of complete hard drive failures and in that case I guess your entire cast of characters would get killed (as you would need a new box with a new HD) but I am not sure if that is what you meant? The BB sssaves are very enticing on their own to me actually.

Sitka
May 19, 2005, 06:36 PM
Damn Greenie - you've posted more today than in the past six months combined http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So is that how Roboman on Apatite hacked himself a lvl 200 hucast that could fire lvl 40 megid and other techs in battle mode?

Bacon told me about that. Bacon still kicked his ass.

gream-green
May 19, 2005, 08:40 PM
On 2005-05-19 16:36, Sitka wrote:
Damn Greenie - you've posted more today than in the past six months combined http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So is that how Roboman on Apatite hacked himself a lvl 200 hucast that could fire lvl 40 megid and other techs in battle mode?

Bacon told me about that. Bacon still kicked his ass.

yea...I guess I have http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. I am not sure who roboman is actually. But yup you could give android tech's I seem to remember seeing it or something...Bacon takes battle mode to another level.

AxemPunanny
May 19, 2005, 09:09 PM
Actually, Gream I was actually referring to if someone's HD died, since I too haven't seen anyone lose just one char. That would just be desperate measures for me; very unlikely.

The server-side issue is a plus, so is the keyboard functionality.

Sharkyland
May 20, 2005, 02:11 PM
I'll cmode on GC, my computer lags like he.ll on PSOBB. Though with the amount of people leaving GC to play BB, don't count on me to pull through and get a team for you.

Only thing I'm interested is learning more about the story or extra information they will say on BB, but I need a new computer. I will leave the rest to the others to find the weapons and armors and stuff. Weird thing is... PSOW will have a database and with some good screenshots, I can draw the weapons.

I'm always up for a challenge, but since one of our substitutes got in a car accident, I'm filling in for a LOT of time here...

---

Also I've begun working on my comic.

Tycho
May 22, 2005, 03:49 PM
I'd love to do c-mode with you Sitka, it's a pity I haven't been able to do c-mode with you before BB.
I promise I'll even learn the maps by heart this time. <_<;

Sitka
May 23, 2005, 10:10 AM
Tych(o):

I see you on plenty, but we can never seem to get in the same game http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I'm busy running the hell out of MA and have both the Hucast (lvl 49) and the Fonewm (lvl 24) in hard mode. I'd like to get my Fonewearl (lvl 1) and Hucasel (lvl 1) through the govt. quests so I can get two more 502 cells.

I've been playing lots with Notos and having a good time leveling, collecting points for the team and building chars. It really is a lot like playing challenge mode in many ways when you take a low level through the govt. quests, especially solo without a force to support.

If you're interested, perhaps we can start running some MA or gov. quests to get to know each other's tendancies in prep. for challenge mode release. If we can get a few more of our PSOW teammates to join us, we can start forming a solid group for challenge play.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this beta and I'm learning how to play and keyboard again - it's been a long time since DC days.

Hope to see you - and the others - on later.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sharkyland
May 24, 2005, 06:21 PM
Radioshack from what I have heard has PS2 and GC usb convertors...

haruna
May 31, 2005, 11:00 PM
An incredibly kind friend of mine got me an Xbox=>USB converter. You can't just plug it in, unfortunately, you do need some drivers.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xboxhid

theonlyHNIC
Jun 10, 2005, 06:55 AM
I'll do c mode with you Sitka. Where do you usually hang out?

Sitka
Jun 13, 2005, 09:25 AM
Looks like we may be getting some c-mode later today. Perhaps E1C1, maybe more.

If I'm on, pm me and we can try and get a team together. I'm mostly on evenings after 6 pm, PST and on weekend mornings, but Tych, you've caught me at 2 and 3 in the morning, so when I can't sleep.....

I hope to run and help anyone that wants to play some c-mode, but I'd also like to start working with a regular team of four if possible.

My strong suit is the hucast, followed closely by the hucaseal. I can play those two as well or better than most, but I still have some learning to be as good as some I've seen. I can also play a good force, but not as well as the hunters.

My four slots are set right now:

Sitka Blue - Hucast - Whitill
Sitka++ - Hucaseal - Yellowboze
Sitka Fo+ - Fonewearl - Oran
Sitka++ - Fonewm - Redria

I don't mind running 2 or 3 person c-modes just to learn maps and practice, but it would be nice to have a good, experienced 4-person team.

HNIC, what do you consider your strength? Tycho, you comfortable taking on the force role?

Ideally, our team through the first several stages would be 1 or 2 hucasts, 1 or 2 hucaseals and a force, but I've seen all kinds of successful combinations.

This is an exciting time to be playing PSOBB.

Ryna
Jun 13, 2005, 09:58 AM
Sitka, it is my impression that challenge mode is not going to be made available for a little while.

Nevertheless, if it does become available, I'd like to join up for some runs.

Hrith
Jun 13, 2005, 10:53 AM
gib S-Ranks, count me in

Sitka
Jun 13, 2005, 01:46 PM
Wonderful

As soon as it's up, let's get it on!

adamgnome104
Jun 26, 2005, 06:43 PM
On 2005-05-17 23:44, Mixfortune wrote:
A large number of people play the stages as they're released, with a bit of a die down afterwards. Granted, there'll be a large number of "Cmode noobs" playing as well, but look at it as an opportunity to TEACH people to Cmode. That way, if they enjoy it, the Cmode community will expand.

Yes, teach me to C-mode. >__>

If everyone stays on their consoles and such, well that's stupid because the community can't grow if you don't join. :/

SLON
Jun 27, 2005, 06:39 AM
I don't see any reason to quit Gamecube. Maybe when the servers are switched off I will go to Blueburst.

Sitka
Jun 27, 2005, 10:36 AM
I've run into several outstanding c-moders in the past several days on BB. Had a chance to play with HNIC and DonkeyPunch the other day - both were quite good on the xbox c-mode.

Looking forward to the first stage release - hopefully very soon.

Perhaps we can look for some challenge games with the experienced players on Hyperion 5-1 as soon as it is released.

I'm looking forward to SITKAS TWIN, SITKAS PARTISAN, SITKAS SWORD and SITKAS GUN - for starters.

Curalkin
Jun 27, 2005, 06:35 PM
I may come to BB when ep4 c-mode comes out so I can complete the set.

chibiLegolas
Jul 29, 2005, 11:38 AM
Hey guys. Is cmode available on BB US yet?
How's the cmode community?
I'm thinking on getting the HL for BB, and just playing cmode. I'm afraid I don't have the time to lvl regularly anymore.

But it would be nice to know if it's worth it if the community is there. My hope is that there's always a good number of ppl who wants to cmode 24/7, like back in the Dreamcast days. Nothing sucks more for me is to long on, and hang around for 1+hr, just getting a team together.

Sitka
Jul 29, 2005, 04:09 PM
We're do for the first five stages of c-mode in a little over a month from now - so wait on your license just yet.

Still, we're having fun re-discovering ult rares right now (damn Pal Rappies - all they want to drop is meseta #%^#$@%).

Ashcroft
Jul 29, 2005, 04:15 PM
I'd like to be took under the wing of any c-mode masters out there..

GreenArcher
Aug 2, 2005, 02:15 AM
Well when cmode comes out, you can count on me to be ready. I know it's just the first 5 stages, and the Towers havn't been released, but I'm getting ready. +115 more grinders and I'll have enough for my Rifle/Mechgun/Shot. But then again I need 99 more photon drops to get Hell/Spirit/Demons (respectivly). Planning to put 3 HUcast/caseals through before school starts up.

Ghen
Aug 18, 2005, 11:07 AM
I'd definitely be interested in some C-Mode lovin... count me in if you're looking for a team member!

Sitka
Sep 1, 2005, 01:38 PM
It's on folks!

I'll be looking for c-moding this weekend for those that are interested.

HNIC, MO, DY, Notos - come on down.

I can force or play hucaseal, but I'd rather get going with my Hucast if someone is comfortable forcing.

I'll be mostly doing mag farming on Oceanus 9-15 until we pull four together so pm me or bang on my Mag Farm door.

Ryna
Sep 1, 2005, 01:47 PM
Has there been any discussion of an official Challenge Mode block? I'd be interested in participating.

Sitka
Sep 1, 2005, 01:52 PM
I'd be happy to make Oceanus 9-15 an official Challenge mode block.

It's perfect.

Very few people so less chance of lobby crashing and you can play soccer while you're looking to put a team together. We can market it to the challenge community so that only the serious challenge mode folks go there looking for games.

Just a thought.

Ryna
Sep 1, 2005, 01:57 PM
On 2005-09-01 11:52, Sitka wrote:
I'd be happy to make Oceanus 9-15 an official Challenge mode block.

Would it be a good idea to make Oceanus 9-15 an official PSOW challenge-mode block or are you thinking of it being used more for your friends?

Sitka
Sep 1, 2005, 02:04 PM
Official site sounds impressive.

Seriously, if it were an official PSOW site, we could always get a team together and avoid much of the Cronus crowd.

Works for me.

What do others think?

Jarek
Sep 1, 2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty eager to do cmode again, so you can bet on me joining in.
I can also be a Hucaseal or a fo, and eventually a Racast as well. I don't mind being a force, I actually prefer it most of the time.

But I'm still trying to get used to a KB as a controller. Plus I haven't even done cmode in almost 2 months.. -_-
I should probably go look over the guides to refresh my memory.

--
That sounds like a good enough block to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psobsesser on 2005-09-01 12:11 ]</font>

Ryna
Sep 1, 2005, 02:16 PM
On 2005-09-01 12:04, Sitka wrote:
Official site sounds impressive.

Seriously, if it were an official PSOW site, we could always get a team together and avoid much of the Cronus crowd.

Works for me.

What do others think?

The important thing is to have a group of interested people. There is no use designating an official block if no is going to participate. The PSOW GC block died because of that. Does anyone else have comments?

theonlyHNIC
Sep 1, 2005, 08:37 PM
The XBox C mode block experienced a demise similar to the Gamecube as far as "pso-w events" are concerned.

As soon as all nine challenge stages were released the block was blazing hot. There were well over 100 individuals on it. You had to card pipe to get in believe it or not.

However, within two weeks the block died out. It became a barron wasteland.

I think one of the biggest factors leading to rapid death of the block was the genuine disinterest of the woman pso-world put in charge to run things.

In fact I've totally forgotten her name due to the fact that she appeared for such a fleeting sliver of time. Maybe four weeks at most.

Perhaps if you put a more competent individual to run the event, it would experience more success?

Although with the total number of kills in the yahoo cup dropping exponentially everyday and the rampant trading of bogus hacks, I estimate no more than 20 individuals would be interested in seriously pursuing challenge, or *gasp* TA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: theonlyHNIC on 2005-09-01 18:40 ]</font>

Hrith
Sep 2, 2005, 06:04 AM
C-mode, yayz~

gib Sitka, Ryna, Rena-san =DDDD

Oceanus 09? okay http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dek
Sep 2, 2005, 10:59 AM
Yup. I'm ready for C-mode, just let me get the maps really fast because I just suck http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sitka
Sep 2, 2005, 04:34 PM
I'm killing myself trying to finish these damn mags I promised everyone, but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Probably by this weekend I'm ready to run c-mode.

I'll check for the cards of the folks here that I know and catch up with you.

HNIC, got a really funny post from Liquid Bacon yesterday I have to tell you about. He forced a c-4 game with Sanzo, Shigecki and Yummy and they turned a 24:20 time.

Mo and Dy have been playing and are looking for some c-mode action as well.

Dek
Sep 2, 2005, 08:06 PM
Sitka, if you need help with those mags, just let me know and I'll be happy to help

Sitka
Sep 2, 2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks - I have a couple of special evolutions coming up where I may need help.

Funny, since I posted on BB that I would do a mag for a guy, he ran around telling everyone how great on mag raising I was and suddenly I was flooded with requests to do special mags - hell, I had to learn everything from reading Tycho's stuff and getting helped/corrected by Notos as I learned.

Now, I'm getting ep 4 weps, good units and large amounts of pds for these things. I think I've collected more good items just sitting in a bank mag farming than I ever could have running all over Ragol - http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif. I saw a gorgeous red rati on Hein and made one for myself - someone offered 99 pds for it on the spot he loved it so much and thank God for the Dragon Scale, I can't make enough Kamas.

Still, it's boring as hell and I want to play c-mode.

Tis this weekend I hope.

kazuma56
Sep 3, 2005, 01:05 AM
yea, fire C-mode up, I'm down for doing it, oceanus 9 it is.

Curiosity
Sep 5, 2005, 05:12 PM
Well, if people don't mind a former C-mode (and TA, yeah I think it important to differentiate) vet, then I'm game. Of course former is the operative word there. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I've not done any serious c-moding since well before EpIII, so I'm now almost a c-mode n00b... -__-; But hey, I can relearn, despite my still having "issues" with my controller... I should also note that it was Ep1 C-mode. I never got into Ep2 C-mode for some reason...

Side Question: How would a wireless network affect c-moding? Or would it not have too much of an affect? It would determine which computer I used during it is all, my current wired one, or my new (once I get it) wireless one.

kazuma56
Sep 5, 2005, 06:41 PM
I'm a bewbie at it as well, but when I did C-moding with sharkyland on GC we didn't have any problems at all clearing it, I just followed his orders and since i'm a veteran when it comes to staying alive it went pretty smoothly...took about 3-4 hours.

SLON
Sep 6, 2005, 07:04 AM
3-4 hours????

Sitka
Sep 13, 2005, 12:31 PM
I'm finishing up my 2-week, recovery of dc/transfer, stupor farming of lost mags today and then it's time to roll with some c-mode.

I'm rusty - guarantee that - and have to run the maps a couple of times to get oriented. But, I'm ready to do some c-mode.

PM me if any of the hard cores are still around so we can run some runs.

I can't let my friends on xbox have all the good times.

First goal, gather a fone and three hucs and beat 7 min on e1c1.

SLON
Sep 14, 2005, 06:38 AM
I would be interested to know how keyboard gameplay compares to joypad, Sitka.
Also, by the time Ep2 is out for BB, possibly everyone will be jumping ship to PSU, but I might be interested in coming to BB if there is some decent TA going on. My Gamecube partners have unfortunately quit now, so it's hard to get any worthwhile Ep2 runs going.

Ryna
Sep 14, 2005, 08:12 AM
On 2005-09-14 04:38, SLON wrote:
I would be interested to know how keyboard gameplay compares to joypad, Sitka.

In my experience, the Gamecube and Dreamcast controllers are much better for playing PSO. If you play through a couple of intense cmode stages using the default keyboard setup, your hands will start to ache. I currently use a PS2 controller on BB, but the analog controls on it are not nearly as precise as the stick on the GC/DC controllers.

Hrith
Sep 14, 2005, 09:15 AM
DC controller good? Not the default one, I assume, I had to buy an adapter because that controller sucks so much >_>

Anyway, keyboard PSO is suicidal, especially c-mode. I strongly suggest PS1/2 controller, despite that GC controller is clearly better, PSOBB does not recognize analogic triggers, making the GC controller very bad.

You can always find a good PC controller, too.

Speaking of c-mode, when are you people gonna play? No one is on Oceanus 09 ever, and I need to do c3 >_>

Sitka
Sep 14, 2005, 10:05 AM
I'm using the Logitech cordless Rumblepad 2 and it works fine for me.

I need to get the first couple of stages run Kef, then I can help you with 3.

I have to leave for work, so the next time I'll get a chance to play in a compatible time zone with you is Friday morning if that works for you. Maybe we can get Ryna going as well.

I just made a new fonewearl, so I can force or play my hucast.

Notos
Sep 15, 2005, 12:24 PM
I need to find people to do c5. Then go back and improve the time on c3 and c4. Hell, I need to improve all my times... >.>

xbox controllers work just fine. I don't like logic tech controllers since they break too easily.

haruna
Sep 22, 2005, 01:44 AM
If you're daring enough to cut an Xbox controller cord open, you'll find 4 colored wires. And guess what, if you cut open a USB cord wire, you'll see 4 wires of the exact same colors!

If you don't want to make your Xbox controller permanently a USB one, there are adapters out there that will do the trick.

SourceForge drivers (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xboxhid/)

Redcloud's Drivers(I use these personally.) (http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html)

Sitka
Sep 22, 2005, 08:33 PM
Howdy Hauruna - long time no hear from.

Been running c-mode again with Mo, Dy and Notos up there - fun, fun, fun.

We're not hitting TA times, but we're having a good time breaking the rust off.

chibiLegolas
Sep 28, 2005, 11:53 AM
Holy cow Notos!
3 characters over 120 lvl?
No wonder you've been MIA lately.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself with pso. It has a stronger grip over you than I thought.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Are you in any guild by now? I thought the guild set up on BB is pretty sweet. Plus the points system were you could buy more options like the dressing room is a wonderful idea.

I'm still on xbox, mag feeding and c-mode'n still.
And to my surprise, I'm starting to memorize bits of the cmode layout and puzzles on each stage.
Me, who barely memorizes anything.
^_^'

Happy gaming!

Notos
Sep 28, 2005, 03:50 PM
I joined the PSOW team. I don't know if the team point system is a good idea since I don't really use the dressing room.

You should quit xbox and come over here. With 2X drop rate in effect, it'll be much easier to get stuff to outfit your chars. After 2X drop rate is over, we can do cmode.

I still have no clue what I'm doing in cmode. I just ask what the other players expect me to do and look at the print out of the maps. But people think I know what I'm doing.

Sitka
Sep 28, 2005, 07:22 PM
You've been doing a very good job so far Notos. Of course it helps when you have map experts/puzzle masters like Mo and Dy to help.

We're all anxious to get some more runs in, but schedules have been incompatible.

I would love to get some time where we can seriously try TAing some of these stages.

And yes, chili - come over.

chibiLegolas
Nov 2, 2005, 01:39 AM
I'm ba----ck.....

At least for a month.
So where's all the cmoders?
Are you guys till hunting rares at the 2x drop rate thing?
Since I'm only on for a month, I could care less about drop rates.
It's time to get some wacky quests and cmode action going!

Are you guys still hanging around the same place as always? I forget were our meeting place used to be.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

Sitka
Nov 2, 2005, 01:45 PM
Hey Chibi

I'm still stuck in never-never land when it comes to c-mode. Either no one wants to run it or they want to run it when I'm about 5 minutes late getting to work.

I just took on a major mag project for Lil Zael, for which he paid handsomely, so I have to focus on that for the next few days while I keep popping pumkin-heads for their jack-o-lanterns.

I should be good for some c-mode running by this weekend though. Notos/Bless was off for a few weeks, but should be back on now. Check out Oceanus 9-1 for most of the PSOW crowd. I usually hide in soccer field blocks when I'm trying to play lone wolf and finish mags.

chibiLegolas
Nov 2, 2005, 04:18 PM
Alright then. I'll keep my eye out for you guys.

Dam, I picked a lousy time to get back on then. With the halloween and all.

I recently borrowed this $900.00 3D head set (only on computer) for about a month, so I HAD to go check it out on PSO.
So my priorities are cmode, and any quests that shifts the camera angle, like PW, endless nightmare, and that mines quest were you get shrunk.

3D pso! Woo-hoo!
Hey,,, Even these boomas look like they could kick my arse up close.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif