PDA

View Full Version : Quite the dilemma...

Saviar
May 16, 2005, 11:37 AM
I was just thinking the other day that it may be fruitless for me to work on my EP. 1&2 chars anymore since BB (and probably future version of PSO) will be online and not have "recyclable" characters...

Thoughts?

Meia
May 16, 2005, 12:05 PM
Personally I belive you are correct for one reason alone, patching. PC MMO's can be infinately changed. From simple updates, to full expansions. With the release of a PC based PSO they can introduce on demand content (Think adventure packs from EQ2, d&d modules). Really their options are limitless when using a PC platform while consoles are extreamly restrictive, even the ones with harddrives.

Tomeeboy
May 16, 2005, 12:57 PM
PSO:BB is definitely the PSO to end all console PSOs... until PSO Universe anyway http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif It basically has all of the same content, in a more secure enviroment. You can pick up a USB gamepad and it's just like playing on a console, and the graphics should be better too (unless your PC is lacking some much needed upgrades).

Ryna
May 16, 2005, 12:59 PM
I think you need to keep in mind that Episode 1&2 and Blue Burst are just games. If you are having fun leveling your characters on Episode 1&2, you might as well keep doing that for the time being. On the other hand, if you find Blue Burst to be more exciting, you may find it more fun to play it exclusively. For me, I am splitting my time between the two games.

Fossil
May 16, 2005, 08:33 PM
I personally could careless for the same game on the computer. A new episode, no fear for corruption, nothing different now really. Not like I fear corruption with Plus and methods. All the FSODers and what not are gone anyways. I'm sticking with GC till I retire from PSO till PSU comes out.

Eanae
May 16, 2005, 08:45 PM
PSOBB made starting over alot more fun for me, but that could just be me. It does get old after a while like all games though. But I'm betting english BB will always have alot more people on to play with than JP did so maybe it can hold interest longer.

EphekZ
May 17, 2005, 09:58 PM
Like Eanea I starting over has been fun also because BB is my first time online so I am loving the communities.

Tycho
May 18, 2005, 05:39 AM
I still want to 'achieve' some things on GC. And still wanna see all EP4 dialogue from BB. But if I want new content every now and then, I think I'd need to play BB for that. x_x

Hrith
May 18, 2005, 05:52 AM
I'm with Fossil, BB is a joke, a major downgrade, GC is immensely superior to BB in many ways.

Only play BB if yo do not have chars on GC/Xbox, otherwise you'd be playing a worse version of the SAME game.

Kaply
May 18, 2005, 09:16 AM
Kef can you explain your reasoning behind that? I don't see much difference between the two versions, granted the psobb is still in beta with only access to normal mode, but the game plays the same as the gc version. For me, it's just a more easily accessible online version. Also whereas the GC version was a single console, the problem with the GC is that it has a "shelf life" to it. Whereas a PC does not.

watashiwa
May 18, 2005, 10:35 AM
On 2005-05-18 03:52, Kef wrote:
I'm with Fossil, BB is a joke, a major downgrade, GC is immensely superior to BB in many ways.

This quote probably had the least thought put into it in awhile.

BB has everything that the Gamecube version has and then some. Oh, minus the shimmering telepipe effect that I miss.

If you're going to make ignorant statements like that, you should at least back them up in the same post. That's like me being a console fanboy and saying "The Super Nintendo is a joke. A major downgrade from the Nintendo Entertainment System. NES is superior to Super NES in many ways." without giving a reason why. (Well, it's KIND OF like that..)

.. and don't even bother bringing up the memory card or offline argument, we've already covered those in a previous thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-05-18 08:41 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
May 18, 2005, 10:46 AM
BB serves a purpose for some, like keeping in touch.

It would seem that more people own pc over home consoles anyways. This most likely will create a bigger community. So now you may actually have a wider variety of players. Of course this also means more idiots. But it also a higher possibility of finding good players and making new friends.

I for one are willing to go on BB just for the sake of the people I have come to know and enjoy their company. And if they in turn move to PSU most likely I will be there as well.

Meia
May 18, 2005, 12:02 PM
Well PSO BB is basically all the previous games + ep4, so that is something to keep in mind.

Basically what you are seeing here is SEGA's first attempt at breaking into the MMO market, and for any of you who have spent some time playing MMO's you know they are a creature who consistantly evolves. There is no cieling to PSO-BB. They can patch in new expansions, on demand content, and additional quests on a whim. Such things are much more difficult with a console, if not impossible.

You can take the lowest common denominator in the MMO market, which to me, is RO. Look at RO on day one release, and look at the game now. Most people wouldn't even call them the same product. The same applies to every single MMO that has been released to date due to the ease of change for the developer. What I'm most curious about on this topic, is in the past year that PSO-BB has been released in Japan, what have they updated and changed from the initial release?

A simple summary is the PC has no limitations to how far it can advance, but a console has a shelf life that will expire. SEGA has already reinforced this with the shut down of the DC servers.

Hrith
May 18, 2005, 02:09 PM
Watashiwa, you have obviously no valid argument on the matter at hand, I suggest you shut your mouth, that will save you from sounding so ridiculous and ignorant.

I have played GC PSO for so many hours, I can recognize a major downgrade when I see one, BB has nothing over GC except Ep4, which sucks, yay.

BB is a joke because it's the exact same game with less features, worse graphics, more requirements, and crappy animation.

GC is superior in every way, I know from experience, unlike you.

Your stupid analogy proves you have nothing intelligent to say, move along.

Sitka
May 18, 2005, 02:20 PM
I'm truly enjoying BB.

I have a lot built up in xbox and I'm going to keep it there, but corrupting and fsoding on gc kinda soured my experience there.

This is a beta version so I'm assuming/hoping the upgrades/patches/added content will continue to surprise and exite me as is did whenever they got around to doing it on xbox.

What I have noticed thus far is meeting people from both the xbox and gc world and seeing friends that I haven't played with in ages. They left their respective console games due to boredom or staleness, but BB is providing a fresh start and it's bringing a lot of folks together.

So for me, I am enjoying BlueBurst and I look forward to playing with many of the folks from this forum now and for many months to come.

Blitzkommando
May 18, 2005, 02:55 PM
I have much in common with Sitka. GC is basically dead, and has been for... months now. Yes I still have friends there, but the majority of whom, and the ones I like spending time with the most, are at least considering PSOBB. Also, the community isn't sour and just generally grating to be around. GC has become somewhat of a battle ground of opinions, and with such few people left it is hard, if not impossible, to be forced into a side. I still have a couple things I want to do on GC sure, but in any event, they can be done offline if need be. I have yet to see the angry pissy little whiny fights that were so frequent on GC. And there are a greater number of players from around the world right now.

Like others have said GC is set in stone, and for my capabilities, is a stark contrast graphically from BlueBurst. True, I have a unique situation where my computer IS my television, however, I still see a tremendous difference graphically from GC. The picture is crisper, cleaner, brighter and more vibrant, and far more enjoyable to the eyes. With BB I am running at 1280*1024, whereas GC is stretched from 320*240 to 640*480. I notice that, greatly. And frankly, for me, the telepipe warping is, while nice, is absolutely unnoticed in most gameplay. I would rather see sharper cleaner lines and models than a little warping of the screen for a few seconds.

However the biggest selling point next to these for me is, language capabilities. Microsoft IME is quite useful to me, notice that I said me. I can type in a greater varity of phrases in any language that I choose and get the special characters or accents without using a secondary menu. Hell, I was running it in Russian earlier. Sure I likely won't meet any Russians, but it is nice to have the option.

All this combined with faster loading times, no worry of double save, automatic save when disconnected, and use of a better control scheme (for me), has convinced me to move away from my 4000+ hours of GC to PSOBB. For me the choice is clear, if you think I am stupid or foolish for moving, well, that is your opinion. And as I am prone to saying in person, "Thank you for your opinion, but it has no validity nor precidence here." It is simply my choice to choose BB as my next PSO experience. It is fresh and new, full of anticipation. Like I said this is all my opinion and experience. Take it as you will, but do not say anything I say is false because of the statement that is italicized.

watashiwa
May 18, 2005, 03:47 PM
On 2005-05-18 12:09, Kef wrote:
Watashiwa, you have obviously no valid argument on the matter at hand, I suggest you shut your mouth, that will save you from sounding so ridiculous and ignorant.

I have played GC PSO for so many hours, I can recognize a major downgrade when I see one, BB has nothing over GC except Ep4, which sucks, yay.

BB is a joke because it's the exact same game with less features, worse graphics, more requirements, and crappy animation.

GC is superior in every way, I know from experience, unlike you.

Your stupid analogy proves you have nothing intelligent to say, move along.

Explain "less features"?

Explain "worse graphics"? Sorry to say but Blue Burst looks WAY better than the Gamecube version on my computer.

More requirements? No, not really. Just a decent computer.

Crappy animation? It's the SAME FUCKING GAME WITH THE SAME ANIMATION!!! It hasn't IMPROVED or gotten worse.

Don't start spitting off that MY analogies are bad when you STILL have proved nothing.

You don't go into detail at all on your claims. Just state that such and such about BB is bad and GC version is better.

What part about BB's graphics are worse? The fact that it can run in high resolution? The fact that the characters can look nice and smooth? The fact that you don't have to watch it on a blurry television? Oh snap, son. GC is better.

How exactly is BB's animation worse? HUmar still swings the sword the same way. FOnewm walks the same. The dragon has the same intro. JEEZ, GUYS, BLUE BURST IS REALLY SHITTY.

As far as MY argument, I've posted a pretty good one already in this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=98528&forum=1&33).

Get the fuck out of here. YOU move along, motherfucker.

Honestly, I can't see how you can even spit off the bullshit you're spitting when it's so non-sensical. Especially the "crappy animation" part. I almost choked on my soda from laughing so hard.

How can you say you know from experience, unlike me? I've played every single version of PSO.

PSO ver 1 JP, PSO ver 1 US, PSO ver 2 JP, PSO ver 2 US, PSO ver 2 PC, Episode I & II Trial on Gamecube, Episode I & II full JP GC, Episode I & II full US GC, Episode 3 GC, and Blue Burst on the PC. (Skipping only the XBox incarnation of PSO.)

Don't proceed to tell me what the hell I know and don't know. I'll school your ass in every single PSO subject imaginable without even trying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-05-18 13:51 ]</font>

Saiffy
May 18, 2005, 03:59 PM
On 2005-05-18 13:47, watashiwa wrote:
Explain "less features"?

Hey, EN1-4, Mop Up1-4, PW1-4, TTF, RT, BSM, ET and WT. etc. etc.

Explain "worse graphics"? Sorry to say but Blue Burst looks WAY better than the Gamecube version on my computer.
Not everyone has your PC.

More requirements? No, not really. Just a decent computer.
Just a GC, memory card and the game.

Crappy animation? It's the SAME FUCKING GAME WITH THE SAME ANIMATION!!! It hasn't IMPROVED or gotten worse.
I think Kef means the intro movie, ever watch it? Ew.

Don't start spitting off that MY analogies are bad when you STILL have proved nothing.
Indeed. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

You don't go into detail at all on your claims. Just state that such and such about BB is bad and GC version is better.
One thing I agree with you, Kef didn't eloborate much.

What part about BB's graphics are worse? The fact that it can run in high resolution? The fact that the characters can look nice and smooth? The fact that you don't have to watch it on a blurry television? Oh snap, son. GC is better.
Not everyone has an uber PC, and not every has your blurry television http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

How exactly is BB's animation worse? HUmar still swings the sword the same way. FOnewm walks the same. The dragon has the same intro. JEEZ, GUYS, BLUE BURST IS REALLY SHITTY.
Framerate will get much worse in episode 2, if that's what Kef means.

As far as MY argument, I've posted a pretty good one already in this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=98528&forum=1&33).

Get the fuck out of here. YOU mve along, motherfucker.
Senseless flaming.

Honestly, I can't see how you can even spit off the bullshit you're spitting when it's so non-sensical. Especially the "crappy animation" part. I almost choked on my soda from laughing so hard.
Truth is bullshit?

How can you say you know from experience, unlike me? I've played every single version of PSO.

PSO ver 1 JP, PSO ver 1 US, PSO ver 2 JP, PSO ver 2 US, PSO ver 2 PC, Episode I & II Trial on Gamecube, Episode I & II full JP GC, Episode I & II full US GC, Episode 3 GC, and Blue Burst on the PC. (Skipping only the XBox incarnation of PSO.)
Hey! So has Kef, it still doesn't mean you know shit.

Don't proceed to tell me what the hell I know and don't know. I'll school your ass in every single PSO subject imaginable without even trying.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mixfortune
May 18, 2005, 04:06 PM

Did this make DC better than GC when GC was first released? It's a useless argument, because BB will have these and more, most likely.

It's like saying DC was better than BB because BB doesn't have Hard mode yet.

Intro movie matters?

watashiwa
May 18, 2005, 04:07 PM
On 2005-05-18 13:59, Saiffwin wrote:

So you children are going to compare an Open Beta of a game to a product that has been out and had servers up for years. Unless, that is you're comparing the Japanese version of BB to the Gamecube.

They're still in the process of adding quests all the time. As you've read TTF is being added. All the content you see on the Gamecube version, quest wise, will be on Blue Burst eventually and they've been pretty speedy on the updates.

Sure, if this makes you feel better to just claim the Gamecube version is better then go ahead. But it's obvious that Blue Burst will have the same content in little time.

It's the fucking intro movie.. WHO CARES! Do you leave the game running for 200 hours straight just watching the intro? God, that isn't even worthy to even use to make a point!!

Not everyone has an uber PC, and not every has your blurry television http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

My TV isn't really blurry. But it is compared to looking at the game on a sexy huge PC monitor.

If your graphics look bad on Blue Burst, you cannot blame the game itself. Only your equipment. It's not Blue Burst's fault at all that your computer is a piece of shit. End of story.

Framerate will get much worse in episode 2, if that's what Kef means.

Wrong. I've played the game on my PC, I completed Episode 2 in the Japanese version of Blue Burst. My frame rate was consistent. Sure there WAS a little lag in Seabed on my old setup, but there is lag in Seabed even on the Gamecube. Another useless thing to attempt to make a point with.

Senseless flaming.

Oh, suck me.

Truth is bullshit?

It is when you complain about the intro movie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-05-18 14:08 ]</font>

Saiffy
May 18, 2005, 04:13 PM
I don't personally care about the intro, and yeah, that was a useless argument.

Wrong. I've played the game on my PC, I completed Episode 2 in the Japanese version of Blue Burst. My frame rate was consistent. Sure there WAS a little lag in Seabed on my old setup, but there is lag in Seabed even on the Gamecube. Another useless thing to attempt to make a point with.

Not everyone has your PC.
To eloborate more, your personal experience means jack.

Oh, suck me.
You aren't above the rules, stop thinking you are.

geewj
May 18, 2005, 04:15 PM
God damn Kef, do you need a cone around your head to stop you from attacking everyone and everything that moves?

Don't get so fucking confrontational when someone disagrees with you.

If you can sum up your post with "I'm better and I know more, so fuck off." then don't post it. It's adds nothing to the topic, it starts arguments, and it's getting fucking repetetive. More or less it's flaimbaiting spam, and will be treated as such from now on, warnings included.

watashiwa
May 18, 2005, 04:22 PM
On 2005-05-18 14:13, Saiffwin wrote:
To eloborate more, your personal experience means jack.

Every time one of you people has a bad experience with Blue Burst due to your computer hardware, you blame the game.

The point I'm trying to make is you can't blame the game for your lousy frame rate, lousy graphics, lousy sound, or whatever else you're going to pin on it. The problem is with your system and not Blue Burst itself.

As stated even by Tomeeboy in a previous post, if you're going to be doing any PC gaming at all, you need to have a decently updated system. If you don't have one, don't try gaming on a PC.

You can buy a Gamecube now cheap and play an older edition of Phantasy Star Online for it, but that still doesn't make that version superior to the current version on the PC just because you can run it.

I can understand genuine problems with the game such as a quest not working right. Some glitch here or there. Or something that makes it unplayable that's a problem with the code itself.

But you can't take points off the game for your own hardware shortcomings.

And if you don't want to upgrade your computer just to play Blue Burst, then that's fine. But it was probably time to upgrade your computer anyway. Let's not forget when you do upgrade a computer it isn't just for one game. It'll help out everything you run on it.

Saiffy
May 18, 2005, 04:23 PM
Who said I personally have a problem running BB?

watashiwa
May 18, 2005, 04:27 PM
Well, you stated that "Framerate will get much worse in episode 2, if that's what Kef means." so I had assumed that you yourself had experienced frame rate issues in episode 2. That is, unless you're tapped into Kef mentally and could automatically grasp that is what he meant to post in his post, even though he didn't add very much detail to his post so I have no idea how you could have grabbed that.

Mixfortune
May 18, 2005, 04:29 PM
On 2005-05-18 14:27, watashiwa wrote:
Well, you stated that "Framerate will get much worse in episode 2, if that's what Kef means." so I had assumed that you yourself had experienced frame rate issues in episode 2. That is, unless you're tapped into Kef mentally and could automatically grasp that is what he meant to post in his post, even though he didn't add very much detail to his post so I have no idea how you could have grabbed that.

Remember, animations = intro movie. :o

Nai_Calus
May 18, 2005, 05:06 PM
Not everyone has your computer, again. XP

My computer is as follows:

2.8GHz P4
512MB PC2700 DDR RAM
GeForce FX 5200(Unlike a large number of people here, I actually have a graphics card, shitty as it is. Plenty of people here have integrated graphics.)

Let's see how I do things, hmm.

Well, first of all, I run windowed mode. Because fullscreen fucking fails. I multitask, and look shit up, and whoops, you STILL can't fucking alt+tab in fullscreen BB, with window mode out for months and months. What the hell? Every other game I play that runs in fullscreen... Well, a little alt+tab action gets me back to other things.

Thus, unless I want a downgrade in what I can do vs. the gamecube version, I'm forced into window mode, which takes up more resources!

Oh, but it's OK. See, this is an LCD monitor. It's 15". Its maximum resolution is 1024x768. So it's either 640x480 or 800x600 for me. Both of which are pretty small. It is, after all, a 15" monitor.

Now, even people who don't know better will tell you that the GeForce FX 5200 is a piece of shit. So let's go into those graphics settings! Frameskip hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. Well shit, guess that's not an option. So let's turn these shadows down to circles like we're back on the GC version! Let's turn these other sliders down too. Kill that fog down as well, just in case I ever want to do CCA. High-level processing... Oh yeah, those reflection things and the like that are so nice to have and really add to the look of PSO! Whoops, too bad I get about 1FPS with that. Better leave that off. Low-reso textures! Yeah, that's good! It also looks like shit!

Oh hey, and what's this now that we're in the actual game? Same horrible jaggy edges as GC and character models that look badly resized because... Well, they ARE badly resized! lol, 800x600 doesn't open an 800x600 window it opens a 640x480 window, so you've got to stretch it and hope it's right, and whoops, isn't that a shame, it looks funky.

Oh, but let's look at those screencaps, those should be great, right? Oh wait, the models still look badly re-sized here too. Phooey. And hey, these kind of suck shit even if I've gone to 1024x768 fullscreen to take pictures specifically... Something's missing!

Wait, there it is! Angles! Zooming! You can't do shit for snaps on BB! Hey, let's look at this BB snap thread... Wow, they all look alike after a while! Captures of people's screens! No framing or anything. How boring... Sure was nice doing that on GC. And look at those crispy clear PSO+ and PAL snaps people post in the GC thread! Wow, those are awesome! The angles! The framing! Beautiful! Kef and Skorp are artists! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Oh, but back to BB. LOL, look at this, I don't even have the circular shadow in the US version. I don't have a shadow at all! Guess something I kicked down made it not work...

Oh, how amusing. The servers are down again? 4-hour maintenence? Well crap, I was going to play some PSO. Guess I'd better boot up my gamecube and do some offline runs! Oh yeah, and I wanted to give that weapon I found to my RAmarl and switch a couple of mags off for raising purposes. Sure is nice to have this multimode thing so I can do that without having to wait for someone I know to come on...

Oh look, friends are over and want to play PSO! But whoops, can't do that on BB... Better boot up the GC! Sure is nice to have this multimode thing so I can play with my friends...

Oh no! I won't be able to have a HL again for 6 months! What if my characters are deleted? Damn, that's gonna suck... But hey, my gamecube chars won't go anywhere! And I can use them without my HL! Nifty!

lol, Sinow sneaking up on me in Seabed. lol, I saw your reflection. Whoops. No I didn't. This is BB, and my graphics card can't handle those reflections. Better hope I see the water splashes from it amongst the ones from me, the other players, the other enemies... Oh snap to the max! How inconvenient... Oh well, it's not too big of a deal, I'll just cast Resta. But man, that's gonna suck whenever Ep2 c-mode finally comes out... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Man, I'm getting bored with these same four characters... I think I'll make a new one on one of my other memory cards. It'll be a refreshing change... Oh wait, BB. No memory cards. No more than 4 characters. I don't have the money for two HLs... Guess I'm screwed.

Oh shit, NO! Not that glitch again! It ate my S-rank Twin!!! And crap, all four of my L100+ characters got S-ranks already... I can't earn it again without a bunch of hassle... Man, not another trial account. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'm running out of e-mail addresses and fake information. >_<; Man, if this were GC I'd just recreate a c-mode slot on one of my other cards and it'd be easy.

Let's go do Respective Tommorow! ...Except it's not out yet. It doesn't even have a release date on the Japanese version, let alone US. Phooey. Let's do... Uh... Well, Heat Sword should be out pretty quick?

Man, I know it's an Xbox port and that Xbox doesn't have that stuff, but man... I miss that nifty heat warping on Gifoie and Rafoie. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif And the cool water in Ep2... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif After two years on GC it just looks weird. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

And hey, that Episode 3 thing was pretty fun once in a while... Too bad it's not on BB. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oooh, EpIV! But meh... I dunno, I'm just not convinced. All three of these new areas look alike. >.< And only one new boss? Wait, there's two! But man, you've gotta be on a team for that? And they've got to have bought it? What if I can't find a team I like? What if I think they're stupid and I hate the drama they cause? >_< And those enemies are the same in two areas, and the third still has some of the same... They don't look very innovative either. :-/

Meh, I'm tired of this outfit. I think I'll go use the dressing roo- What do you MEAN I've gotta be on a team for that? And one that's purchased it? Come on, I've got 10,000 meseta! Heck, I've got 100,000 meseta! Lemme in!

Man, I think I'll go back to GC. I can play that on this awesome 32" TV... And wow, it looks great!

-----

Some of this is bullshit as far as I personally go(I don't have 4 L100+ characters on BB and never will, I don't have friends IRL who play PSO, as examples), but they're still valid reasons and arguments... And the S-rank Twin losing thing? Both I and a friend lost ours on JP BB. Never heard anything about that sort of thing being patched, either... At least on GC you can take countermeasures to that sort of thing if you choose to do so.

Kef could put it better, yes, but I agree with him. BB is a downgrade in some ways for some people. If it's awesome for you and makes you hard, great. But the people who think it sucks for valid reasons don't need to hear you screaming at them. We don't care about your computer. We care about our own.

And I've gone from one extreme to the other... I played JP BB from the second day of Open Beta to the end of February of this year. A good 10 or so months, really. I once touted BB as the be-all end-all of PSO, decried the suckage of GC and tried to convert everyone I knew.

And then I got tired of the deficiencies. Got tired of the bad patches that made the computer keep fucking up. Got tired of the bullshit drama teams caused. Got tired of the drudgery involved in getting a new character to ult. All the goddamned government quests again, all the stupidly retarded level requirements... I got a bloody melee FOmar to L100 and thus Ult almost entirely soloing. On GC I could have had him into Ult by L45 at the latest, hunting down weapons and units and armors and levelling like mad instead of boredly scraping my way through the last 20 levels of "Argh, what the FUCK, ST, I should BE in Ult already! This game isn't that goddamned hard, I'm owning this shit, for fuck's sake! This is like going back and raping NORMAL!" and endless Heat Swords... Yeah, that's a GREAT improvment over GC. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

And I don't personally give a rat's behind how many versions of PSO anybody's played. Someone being a DC/PC/whatever vet means jack to me. I don't care. You're a good time to play with and know what you're doing? Fine. You're an expert and a vet. I don't care if you started GC PSO 3 months ago, you still win.

I've been there, done that, seen this shit and I'm just not impressed.

Besides, if I wanted to start over yet again that badly, I could just pull my GC memcard out of the cube while it was saving. Oh wait, but I'd still have 8 more characters to corrupt.

Mixfortune
May 18, 2005, 05:16 PM
Both sides have their advantages and disadvantages.
No one is a moron or anything for preferring one version over another, so stick to coherent discussions on the flaws, not things like "well you're stupid if you like such and such more" or "you're an idiot because this downside doesn't matter as much to you".

Neither one is perfect, they both have advantages over each other. And no one is a better PSO player for preferring a certain version.

Don't have a computer that can run it well? Fine. Don't run it. Play GC/Xbox/DC... that's fine. But those who can and will run it are not idiots for doing so.

Neith
May 19, 2005, 09:02 AM
I don't understand what people's problem is with Blue Burst. If you don't like it, don't play it. Meh.

I use a PC with the following setup, and BB runs fine on normal graphics, which are far above Gamecube.

2.8Ghz Pentium 4 Processor
512MB Dual Channel RAM
80Gb HD
ATI Radeon X300SE (128MB)
Displayed on a 15" TFT.

Only time I got lag was in Mines, and that was only because I had the Graphics Detail set to Max. Turning it down to Normal showed no real difference in detail, and reduced the lag. Sure, this is only Episode 1, I'll have to wait until Episode 2/4 to see what it's like there, but I've had no trouble really.

As for the reduced number of quests, give the damn game time. GC's been going a little longer, in time BB will get those quests, almost a certainty.

The only thing I've hated so far is the government quests, but I can live with them.

Face it, there are huge fans of GC, huge fans of X Box, huge BB fans. Each to their own.

Scejntjynahl
May 19, 2005, 10:26 AM
Im just a fan of pso, regardless of what platform it surfaces from.

I doubt with certainty any reincarnation will completely have all that we want, we will always want more, it is in our nature. I am quite certain that even PSU will be scrutunized and even critized. If we look for flaws, we will find them, it is the end result of looking for them anyways. None of these games will ever satisfy us completely, so just simply enjoy what is already there for in fact it is what we get to play with.

Skorpius
May 19, 2005, 11:08 AM
Did anyone read Ian's post? X,D

Maridia
May 19, 2005, 04:50 PM
I laughed so hard I cried when I read Ian's post XD

But on to serious business (as it's always serious around here, lol) I for one.. am kind of mixed on BB. I can run it, quite nicely on my laptop. However, sitting and typing on said laptop for a long time is a major strain on my rear, and my left wrist for some reason. I miss my comfortable chair and my perfect controls. I like seeing so many people around. It really feels different to always see new people everywhere in the lobbies. I like how Tyrell and Irene (oh my rawr, marry me, my goddess X_x) have more dialogue now. It's basically the same game, with a couple more hassles, a couple more conveniences. I have to say, I was THRILLED that I wouldn't lose my money upon dying. Which I did quite a few times.

Yeah, I kind of enjoy playing BB. Why not? It's there, it's something to do, but I'm not going to abandon my gamecube. People need to stop being so dramatic over everything. It's just a game, people. If it runs crappy for you, don't play it. If you don't like it, don't play it. If you do, well, then go nuts. Sadly, if you like it but can't go nuts with it, then you still have your beloved gamecube.

And kef, you're awesome and all, but don't fly off the handle like that. I literally laughed and went *hiss* when I read your first post. Omg forum catfights ._. <3