PDA

View Full Version : Petition to delete the Cheaters forum

KodiaX987
May 16, 2005, 05:13 PM
I went in there for 5 minutes. The radioactive fallout is omnipresent. It felt worse than GameFAQs and IGN put together. I have never seen such a pile of shitty, worthless piece-of-shit topics in my past lives, current lives, all the lives that I will live and in my fucking astral life as well. If you idiots want a reason why the average IQ of this planet is -45, it's right here on this site. It makes Jesus' entire family cry. It gives the tourista to God. It makes Buddah want to cut off his dick in horror. It makes Krishna want to put poison in his coffee to escape this. Mohammed is doing backflips in his grave. Fuck, the UFOs don't want to land on this planet because of this PILE OF STINKING SHIT!

Please, for God's sake, do us all a favor and get us rid of the Cheaters forum. If you do that, I promise to think of the admin who approved of the decision next time I jack off.

Skorpius
May 16, 2005, 05:15 PM
I think you might have to live with things you dislike just as the rest of us have to.

If I'm not mistaken, the main reason the Cheaters forum exists is to discuss what new, found-out cheats and exploits have surfaced, and to determine the long lasting effects they might have. Even though I agree that the section is often misleading, I -have- found the section quite usefull in the past. However, with the newcoming of PC based Blue Burst, and the decline of Console populations, the Cheaters section is having less and less of a purpose.

And wouldn't this topic work better in Site Related? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-05-16 15:18 ]</font>

KodiaX987
May 16, 2005, 05:17 PM
On 2005-05-16 15:15, Skorpius wrote:
I think you'll have to live with things you dislike just as the rest of us have to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Shurikane/GTFO.jpg

Scejntjynahl
I think you'll have to live with things you dislike just as the rest of us have to.

Or fight on his feet rather than bow down on his knees.

KaFKa
/agree

/signed

Sayara
May 16, 2005, 05:19 PM
Well it could get a flush down, clean up all that bullshittery in there. But theres still some who use Cheaters as explorers and tinkerers for finding new things in the game (maybe not with AR or whatever)

Im thinking more a Flushdown then a Erase.

Skorpius
May 16, 2005, 05:20 PM
On 2005-05-16 15:17, KodiaX987 wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Shurikane/GTFO.jpg

I must cry, for you disappoint me.

KodiaX987
May 16, 2005, 05:23 PM
the Cheaters section is having less and less of a purpose.

Thanks for helping my cause. Now get out. Go.

Mixfortune
May 16, 2005, 05:27 PM
It probably just needs to be clarified more what the purpose of the cheaters forum is about. Members in the past, and most recently this "lastname" person, show that it's a rather ambiguous board.

But even if clarified, people will still think it best to ask for cheats there, if that's their sole intent.

And... provided they came onto the site to search only for how to cheat in the first place, they'd post a thread somewhere else, like in the General boards. Not necessarily like they'd look around, see no board named "Cheaters", and then give up. They'd just post it wherever...

Yeah the Cheaters board may be all fucked up and such, but better off those 'bad' threads pop up in there or FKL, rather than in more... important areas.

Solstis
I'm going with a Skorpius/Tingle combo here.

It would look worse for the site if they got rid of a section just because it was unsightly. Sticky a topic or two, clean the slate, and then move on.

Neith
'Do not ask for or post cheat codes'

So you get people posting exactly that.

Gimme that petition, damn right I'm signing it.

-Uriko

There, signed http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Solstis
May 16, 2005, 05:28 PM
Man, I tried jumping on the bandwagon, but it just rolled on by.

Skorpius
May 16, 2005, 05:28 PM
I'm confused. Are you telling me where I can and cannot 'be' on the internet?

Sayara
May 16, 2005, 05:34 PM
Eh, i put my 2 cents and i am backing off as well.

Besides its the admin who decids this stuff anyway.

Mystil
May 16, 2005, 06:31 PM
On 2005-05-16 15:13, KodiaX987 wrote:
I went in there for 5 minutes. The radioactive fallout is omnipresent. It felt worse than GameFAQs and IGN put together. I have never seen such a pile of shitty, worthless piece-of-shit topics in my past lives, current lives, all the lives that I will live and in my fucking astral life as well. If you idiots want a reason why the average IQ of this planet is -45, it's right here on this site. It makes Jesus' entire family cry. It gives the tourista to God. It makes Buddah want to cut off his dick in horror. It makes Krishna want to put poison in his coffee to escape this. Mohammed is doing backflips in his grave. Fuck, the UFOs don't want to land on this planet because of this PILE OF STINKING SHIT!

Please, for God's sake, do us all a favor and get us rid of the Cheaters forum. If you do that, I promise to think of the admin who approved of the decision next time I jack off.

Where have you been at? It was WORSE than that 2 years ago. At one point that forum divided this whole damn board. >_<

You missed a great deal of bullshit man. XD. Who can forget the barubary wannabe who was shot down by the real one in one topic and the Ade era that lasted for a long damn time til he was finally banned.

If the cheater forum needs to be deleted, IMO it would be because it's a giant horse that it seems people are tired of beating.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2005-05-16 16:32 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 16, 2005, 07:23 PM
On 2005-05-16 15:28, Skorpius wrote:
I'm confused. Are you telling me where I can and cannot 'be' on the internet?

You're probably joking, but without proper "sarcasm tags" i.e.:[sarcasm] I'll never know unless I talk to you more often. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

But all that politcal BS aside, if it doesn't exist anymore, you sure as heck aren't going to be able to go there anymore.

This site is pushed as "Cheat free." The forums and guides don't have cheat codes posted.
Cheaters forum is not for posting or searching for cheat codes. Simple enough, yes, for most.

The grey areas are there; considering the item database(originally taken mostly from game data, before just running through to get every item-time waster), character skins, "recoboxing glitch/trick/exploit/whatever," and others.

You can use this site without ever going near the cheating forum or the grey areas concerning cheating.

And I just said what eveyrone already (should)know. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

geewj
May 16, 2005, 07:55 PM
Before ending each sentence look and see what the thread topic is. I think a lot of you are forgetting it.

Ness
May 16, 2005, 08:34 PM
I don't think the problem here is the section itself, it's the people in it. Some of those guys need a couple bitchslaps back to reality. If you get rid of the section then they will just take their crap to other section of the forum like General or Off topic. To honest, I could care less because I never go there.

Eanae
May 16, 2005, 08:42 PM
On 2005-05-16 18:34, Ness wrote:
I don't think the problem here is the section itself, it's the people in it.

Agreed with that. Most all topic turn into some kind of fight about legitness. =

Deathscythealpha
May 16, 2005, 08:47 PM
I went in the Cheaters forum a couple of years back.

It made my head hurt and I stumbled away, never looking back again.

You know, Im surprised it didnt get nuked during the last update, but I think its gunna be one of those sections that just sticks and never leaves.

Dek
May 16, 2005, 09:55 PM
*Signed as soon as he reads rant*

On 2005-05-16 18:42, Eanae wrote:

On 2005-05-16 18:34, Ness wrote:
I don't think the problem here is the section itself, it's the people in it.

Agreed with that. Most all topic turn into some kind of fight about legitness. =

Which also needs to stop, might I add?

ForceOfBrokenGlass
May 17, 2005, 01:13 AM
I'll sign it later. The section could possibly become useless if BB pans out the way most of you are hoping.

Daikarin
May 17, 2005, 12:00 PM
We gotta store trash SOMEWHERE! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

That was kinda rash, but you get my point.

watashiwa
May 17, 2005, 12:29 PM
On 2005-05-17 10:00, Even_Jin wrote:
We gotta store trash SOMEWHERE! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Description for FKL...

"This is where all spam/trash is sent. 0 post count forum."

.. Already got a trash forum.

Mystil
May 17, 2005, 02:35 PM
Well only trash posts there. XD

HUcastShinobi
May 17, 2005, 05:26 PM
Isn't that where this belongs?

Aurra
May 17, 2005, 06:07 PM
On 2005-05-16 16:31, Silhouette wrote:
You missed a great deal of bullshit man. XD. Who can forget the barubary wannabe who was shot down by the real one in one topic and the Ade era that lasted for a long damn time til he was finally banned.

Actually, the ADE era is still in effect. He now posts here under an alias, even though most of the people who remember his original PSOW venture have figured out that the two posters are actually one and the same.

I thought about trying to blow his cover, but then realized that I don't really care. ADE will probably always have a bone to pick with someone, and it's not like getting his newest name banned is gonna give the poor guy any peace.

Solstis
May 17, 2005, 06:12 PM
On 2005-05-17 16:07, Aurra wrote:

On 2005-05-16 16:31, Silhouette wrote:

He now posts here under an alias, even though most of the people who remember his original PSOW venture have figured out that the two posters are actually one and the same.

Yup.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-05-17 16:13 ]</font>

Jehosaphaty
May 17, 2005, 06:17 PM
On 2005-05-17 15:26, HUcastShinobi wrote:
Isn't that where this belongs?

now now, no baiting; my suggestion is to just not come in here rather than be sandblasted by someone. (unless you posted this in a joking manner, but looking at your recent rant about rants *cough irony* I'll assume you are serious) If this went to FKL, somebody would probably die. seriously. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Outrider
May 17, 2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I just looked at a topic in Cheaters and it made me want to smash the stupid out of some people.

I'd sign.

TheOneHero
May 17, 2005, 08:49 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned;

But why not password Cheaters Forum? So only select members may enter?

Dek
May 17, 2005, 08:55 PM
But what would the moderators base the requirements on? Post count? Behavior (the most logical one)?

TheOneHero
May 17, 2005, 08:58 PM
On 2005-05-17 18:55, Arthas_Zero wrote:
But what would the moderators base the requirements on? Post count? Behavior (the most logical one)?

Most likely behavior.

If they go by post count, we'd be implying you have nothing good say unless your post count is high.

Dhylec
May 17, 2005, 09:41 PM
TheOneHero wrote:
But why not password Cheaters Forum?

kind of redundant isn't it?
i mean, even 'that place' doesn't require a pass to enter
what about speculations? hm.. a passworded cheater section hm hm.. <.<;

Outrider
May 17, 2005, 10:01 PM
On 2005-05-17 19:41, Dhylec wrote:

TheOneHero wrote:
But why not password Cheaters Forum?

kind of redundant isn't it?
i mean, even 'that place' doesn't require a pass to enter
what about speculations? hm.. a passworded cheater section hm hm.. <.<;

Heh, and then it can be a test to see who's a real cheater. If they can hack their way through the password protection, they're allowed to use the Cheaters Forum.

KodiaX987
May 17, 2005, 10:38 PM
Hey, hey, stop making up silly solutions. Don't make me ask a mod to move this shit to Site Related!

digigram
May 18, 2005, 01:20 PM
signed. only thing I hear from the cheaters section is rediculous bullshit from one person that believes he lives on ragol.

HUcastShinobi
May 18, 2005, 01:40 PM
On 2005-05-17 20:38, KodiaX987 wrote:
Hey, hey, stop making up silly solutions. Don't make me ask a mod to move this shit to Site Related!

Then why didn't you put it there to begin with?

Deathscythealpha
May 18, 2005, 01:47 PM
On 2005-05-18 11:40, HUcastShinobi wrote:

On 2005-05-17 20:38, KodiaX987 wrote:

Then why didn't you put it there to begin with?

Because it was meant to be a semi comical rant, and that was a comical response? Kodiax didnt want solutions to the Cheater Forum problem, he just wants it nuked!

Daikarin
May 18, 2005, 01:58 PM
On 2005-05-17 10:29, watashiwa wrote:

Description for FKL...

I didn't mean trash as in SPAM.

HUcastShinobi
May 18, 2005, 04:28 PM
On 2005-05-18 11:58, Even_Jin wrote:

On 2005-05-17 10:29, watashiwa wrote:

Description for FKL...

I didn't mean trash as in SPAM.

Do I need to imply that as the pink meat you get inside a blue metal container? But I still refuse to allow the cheaters section to be abolished, considering it's good to have that there to begin with.

Sayara
May 18, 2005, 04:48 PM
Well don't just sit there, explain to us why it shouldn't be abolished.

Or will you join me and Solistis in just restarting it, rather then blowing it up.

HUcastShinobi
May 18, 2005, 05:21 PM
Screw the arguments, just restart it. I'm too lazy to come up with a reason by killing 3 hours researching that one section. >_>

Sayara
May 18, 2005, 05:27 PM
Aren't gonna explain it then? Ok. Then you can consider your point moot.

Isn't that lovely.
---
I keep looking at cheaters, while it did teach me alot of things i needed to know, i could of simply just asked someone who knows first hand or does it themselves for anything i need to know.

Plus with the recent bullshit thats been there recently, i think im ready
/signed.

Ambrai
May 19, 2005, 08:42 AM
You all are forgetting one important fact. That being if the cheaters forum did not exist those posts would flood other areas of the forums. Having that section keeps it all in one nice area and allows you the option of never clicking on it.

So not having cheaters section:
Increased moderator/admin workload.
Same topics spilling over onto all other sections.
Those topics become more visable and annoying to most.
Inability to ignore the section/topic.

Having the cheaters section:
*Most* topics stay in one area.
You are allowed the option of viewing it or never participating.

Consider it FKL v2 if you may.

Daikarin
May 19, 2005, 11:12 AM
On 2005-05-19 06:42, Ambrai wrote:
You all are forgetting one important fact. That being if the cheaters forum did not exist those posts would flood other areas of the forums. Having that section keeps it all in one nice area and allows you the option of never clicking on it.

Precisely. We already have spammers of all kinds flooding sections like Offtopic, we don't need no elite cheaters asking how to get unlimited HP on Rants, for example.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-05-19 09:14 ]</font>

HUcastShinobi
May 19, 2005, 04:28 PM
if i was awake enough at my last post to think of that, i wouldve written that...

Ness
May 19, 2005, 04:33 PM
On 2005-05-19 06:42, Ambrai wrote:

So not having cheaters section:
Increased moderator/admin workload.
Same topics spilling over onto all other sections.
Those topics become more visable and annoying to most.
Inability to ignore the section/topic.

Having the cheaters section:
*Most* topics stay in one area.
You are allowed the option of viewing it or never participating.

Consider it FKL v2 if you may.

That's exactly what I said, and welcome back to PSOW. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Removing the cheater's forum wouldn't remove the problem.

Blitzkommando
May 19, 2005, 05:36 PM
I'm all up for nuking things but I would prefer to use those nukes on the offenders, not the section. Saying the section is bad and the problem is like saying a gun with no gunner kills. It is the people who misuse the section who cause the pain.

Ness
May 20, 2005, 01:33 PM
Who the hell is that spammer guy?

Dhylec
May 20, 2005, 05:45 PM
Ness wrote:

if you're asking about the last 'bunch' that asked for xbox cheat?
it's should be one of those previously banned members
an extremely bored one that is :|

Ness
May 20, 2005, 06:18 PM
On 2005-05-20 15:45, Dhylec wrote:

Ness wrote:

if you're asking about the last 'bunch' that asked for xbox cheat?
it's should be one of those previously banned members
an extremely bored one that is :|

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Tycho
May 22, 2005, 06:00 PM
I read all of this, then I realized Ambrai said exactly what I was going to say, except s/he said it in a better way.

:L

Plagarius
May 29, 2005, 07:35 AM
Theres only one way to settle this argument,a poll!Please specify why you hate the Cheaters forum (i say why not just avoid the thing let us have our fun!Besides a cleanout like getting rid of a topic could close down the site for a while,then what would I do with my wasted life....)VOTE NOW At Cheaters Forum!

Zarode
May 29, 2005, 11:18 AM
On 2005-05-29 05:35, Plagarius wrote:
Theres only one way to settle this argument,a poll!Please specify why you hate the Cheaters forum (i say why not just avoid the thing let us have our fun!Besides a cleanout like getting rid of a topic could close down the site for a while,then what would I do with my wasted life....)VOTE NOW At Cheaters Forum!

http://img216.echo.cx/img216/2090/gtfo1is.jpg

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I agree with Shurikane, I say we get rid of the pot hole once and for all. It would get rid of a lot of our bad spam.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2005-05-29 09:19 ]</font>

Mixfortune
May 29, 2005, 03:58 PM
On 2005-05-29 09:18, Zarode wrote:

I agree with Shurikane, I say we get rid of the pot hole once and for all. It would get rid of a lot of our bad spam.

No, it wouldn't.
You'd just see the "bad spam" elsewhere.
And I don't mean FKL.

Solstis
May 29, 2005, 04:06 PM
On 2005-05-29 13:58, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2005-05-29 09:18, Zarode wrote:

No, it wouldn't.
You'd just see the "bad spam" elsewhere.
And I don't mean FKL.

General, Off-Topic, Site Related... all those poor, poor forums.

Skorpius
May 29, 2005, 04:09 PM
Why is this topic still exisiting on the first page?

Don't like it? Don't go there.

No one is forcing you to click the link to enter the area, and no one is forcing you to click the topics to read them.

KodiaX987
May 29, 2005, 05:47 PM
On 2005-05-29 14:09, Skorpius wrote:
Why is this topic still exisiting on the first page?

Because it's my will. Go troll elsewhere, Caboose.

Corey
May 29, 2005, 06:41 PM
This can't work, nuking it would fuck over other forums. And me. Make a required post count to enter, that way n00bs can't enter it. And if they can, and do retarded things, well, step up to the ban.
Or just get the right to curse them out or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2005-05-29 16:42 ]</font>

EphekZ
May 29, 2005, 09:34 PM

http://img216.echo.cx/img216/2090/gtfo1is.jpg

kodia as i am very well aware you are angry at this...

1) listen to what people are saying closing this forum would ruin PSOW itself.

2) this is not your internet you do not own the internet so please stop crying and dont tell people to "get of your internet" its a waste of time.

3) No one is forcing you to go there.

4) Everyone has their own opinion.

*if this is flaming im sorry

edit: 3 & 4

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2005-05-29 19:36 ]</font>

ABDUR101
May 29, 2005, 09:50 PM
omg usuk, all of u.

*/me beats thread to death and throws in trash*