PDA

View Full Version : Well, it looks like I'm back.

-Shimarisu-
May 16, 2005, 09:21 PM
I can't get into my old account because I don't know the password or the email address any more.

I quit ep 3 and moved to Japan last year as promised, but A recent run of horrendous bad luck has meant I had to buy a new PC, so I got one that would run Blue Burst and episode 4. I went on last night but I didn't find anybody, and the US servers weren't accessible on the Japanese version, which is disappointing and I hope to god they fix it. Although I do doubt it because they allowed Japanese players to use Japanese text in their names, which will alienate foreigners and may well result in them seperating the servers. I'm now at a loss what to do really, whether to start afresh on the US version at level one, or to stick with the Japanese and get to play ep 4. Except everyone's at level ARGH on the JP servers and they all have these clan pics over their head - I have no idea how that shit works yet.

I'd really love to know if there's any newbies on the JP server, and how all this clan shit works because it seems really crappy to me, I read the manual and it's practically encouraging really bitchy treatment of newbies - "Haha, you're too low a level/I never heard of your team, I'm giving you the brush off!" Saying that I prefer how Japanese players play, it's just really going to suck if I can't play with the few decent western players on there. That and there's going to be no or practically no cheating no so most of the deadwood is cut out. (Please tell me that boxing is no longer possible, it seems to me that people could use that method still to level up faster.)

Please, please god Sega, link the servers. It's going to blow if I have to have 2 copies of the game - I don't mind having 2 characters so much as I mind not being able to transfer items between them because you didn't consider bilingual players when you set up the game to alienate players by the language spoken. IMO it was a really bad idea to allow the use of Japanese text in names. Now they will HAVE to seperate everyone because westerners can't read their names at all. I'm really pretty angry about this, X-box all over again. And that version blew.

Tancient
May 16, 2005, 10:19 PM
Always nice to see a new face on blue Burst. I'd be up for helping give you info. Lately the English community has disperesed to different parts, but the team system isn't 'anti-noob'. The manual just explains it too simplistic I think.

Let me know a good time to meet up and where, and I'll help you out with info on the team stuff, and I'll see if I can't get ahold of some other english BB players so you can get their cards.

-Shimarisu-
May 16, 2005, 10:32 PM
I can't actually play it until next week really, my new PC hasn't arrived yet. Last night I went to an internet cafe as I couldn't wait, but they had no joypads (what?) and it was practically unplayable with the keyboard. They also did not have ep 4 installed. So I'm waiting for this Japanese guy to build my PC and post it to me, and he said it'd take about 5 days. I'm actually a GC veteran who's played every class of character and my highest level was 170 before I corrupted.

I need to get my PC, hook it up to my monitor and install Win 2000 as I basically bought a bare bones setup (just with the relevant graphics card).

I'm not sure I like the idea of how people are now encouraged to set up clans, it seems to make everything more unneccesarily complicated and could lead to possible crappy behaviour on the US side. I thought maybe to fix the problem with the lack of players and current inability to access the US servers, I could make a bilingual team for noobs where I could act as translator, but it could turn out annoying having to translate in game.

BTW how do you unlock new areas if the entire game now seems to be online?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2005-05-16 20:34 ]</font>

Mystil
May 16, 2005, 10:43 PM
Missions unlock them. Very hard to explain. But for example, to unlock caves you do forest 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4. And it goes from there to ruins.

Tancient
May 16, 2005, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I think the team feature was made with the Japanese in mind. As has been seen already, US and 'teams' don't mix well on BB, and thats why the English community isn't really centralized anymore. But thats a dead subject now.

To unlock the areas in BB, you have to do government quests, which are issued by momoka (In the principal's office) in multi-mode. The nice thing about these are that on nearly all the government quests, people can join at any time, even when you're in the middle of the quest. You also get some sort of item after defeating each boss (Forces get resta level 3-4 after beating the dragon on normal, thats the only one I know off the top of my head) that is class specific, and you only have to do the quests for normal difficulty. After that, all areas are unlock on all difficulties (Though you still need the level requirement before you can go to the higher diffculties). NOL issues the government quests on episode 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tancient on 2005-05-16 20:56 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 16, 2005, 11:04 PM
An interesting tidbit with US BB is that as long as you have the IME installed you can type in Japanese in the game... Including for your character name.

However, the nail in the coffin of server linkage is that word select has apparently been removed from the game entirely. It's there in JP BB... But not in US BB.

By removing the one method of communication for 90% of the english-speaking population with the Japanese... It's almost a given, really, that the servers will not be linked.

watashiwa
May 16, 2005, 11:12 PM
On 2005-05-16 21:04, Ian-KunX wrote:
However, the nail in the coffin of server linkage is that word select has apparently been removed from the game entirely. It's there in JP BB... But not in US BB.

By removing the one method of communication for 90% of the english-speaking population with the Japanese... It's almost a given, really, that the servers will not be linked.

I hope maybe they add it in the final version, even if the servers aren't linked...

I used Word Select often for quick responses to events when I was too lazy to type. =

Tycho
May 16, 2005, 11:16 PM
On 2005-05-16 21:04, Ian-KunX wrote:

You've heard about people trying the English languages files on BB JP, right? It had English word select. I don't like it, but I think it will be in the actual version of BB US.

Nai_Calus
May 17, 2005, 12:51 AM
Proving nothing, the english has been there for ages. Heard of the partial english cheats? >_>

And... Why the shit go to the effort of removing it for the Beta only to put it right back in? Why not just leave it in to begin with?

-Shimarisu-
May 17, 2005, 12:57 AM
Can anyone tell me, now there are new weapons, what is the best section ID for a mechgun using mostly melee FOmar?

Oh yes, and if I DO dl both versions, and if they never link the servers, would there be a way of logging onto the US game with my Japanese ID?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2005-05-16 22:59 ]</font>

Getintothegame
May 17, 2005, 01:19 AM
Yeah, there was some information on how to do so on the front page a few days ago.

-Shimarisu-
May 17, 2005, 02:50 AM
I found a section ID calculator here:

http://blueburst.web.infoseek.co.jp/

I'd still really like to know which section ID would be best, though. Any ideas?

Tancient
May 17, 2005, 02:53 AM
The episode 1 and 2 drops are the same, however the episode 4 drops are always changing, so right now its hard to lay a good finger on it. Go with what you wan in ep1+2, and then find a few friends to hunt rares with.

rena-ko
May 17, 2005, 03:35 AM
maybe this helps:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=98520&forum=7&14

Arnot
May 17, 2005, 05:05 AM
On 2005-05-17 00:50, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I found a section ID calculator here:

http://blueburst.web.infoseek.co.jp/

I'd still really like to know which section ID would be best, though. Any ideas?

And for those who dont speak JP, just look for the 3 text boxes at the bottom of the main page. You enter the name you would like to use in the first box, then select which class your character is gonna be, and in the final box is your section ID.

Yeah that should actually help actually helps more than just a link to a JP page. =/

Anyways if you want a lot of mechs, try Purplenum. Mine always finds mechs and some with really good hit too. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arnot on 2005-05-17 03:08 ]</font>

_Tek_
May 18, 2005, 10:30 PM
I'm back too, its been so long I doubt anyone know's my name. Anyways, i got pso-bb played around a bit, didn't like teh red ID or my character, so I went a re-did my FOmar with the 3rd skin, dark costume, blonde spiky hair. I named him Tek:Lok, and now he is whitill, (fav colros are black and white, so screw the slicer rares ill end up getting, i dont care.). And so, uhhhhhh I think my PC jsut need more ram and maybe a better vid card, and I should be back on, until PSU.