View Full Version : *Fanboy squeal*

TheOneHero
May 17, 2005, 06:27 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615045p1.html

Dear god, GIVE! >)

Outrider
May 17, 2005, 06:36 PM
Isn't the game beautiful?

My brother's gonna play it at the conference, the lucky dog. Or would "lucky wolf" be more appropriate?

Heh. I'm so clever.

Jeez, I'm more interested in Twilight Princess than I am anything else at the show. I'm such a Zelda Fanboy.

Sayara
May 17, 2005, 06:37 PM
Wolves eh?
Trying something alittle different i see. Interesting idea, and those graphics look very nice.

I may keep watch on this one.

Outrider
May 17, 2005, 06:44 PM
On 2005-05-17 16:37, Tingle wrote:
Wolves eh?
Trying something alittle different i see. Interesting idea, and those graphics look very nice.

I may keep watch on this one.

Do you own a Gamecube?

'Cause I mean, really, I don't see any reason to NOT own this game if you own a Cube.

Maridia
May 17, 2005, 06:48 PM
Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god. >_<

WEREWOLF?! OMG! XD Oh god, I just.. ... *dies* and it has a hawt name. finally. *dies some more* give x.x

Sayara
May 17, 2005, 06:53 PM
Of course i got a GC Coolrider,( http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

If i can salvage moneys for it, i most likely will try it. Or rent it first.

RoninJoku
May 17, 2005, 08:58 PM
If I wanted to play a werewolf- I would just wait until the next full moon http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif ! Haha, but seriously, it's looking good! I'm glad to see it looks like they've taken a step back in the "Zelda" direction... The first few previews looked a little bit too much like Lord of the Rings starring Link to me...

That thing that was riding on Link's back is incredible!!!

RoninJoku
May 18, 2005, 07:20 PM
Hey! Check out IGN's new gameplay videos with commentary! All 16 of them!!! IGN is running pretty slow now...

For those of you who don't want to waste time watching 16 videos, basically it showcases the beginning village of the game, in which Link is a kind of shepherd... He runs around a bit doing some miscellaneous tasks... He also used some sort of whistle to call a birdie to his aid. Link then leaves the village to rescue some kid who is snatched by moblins... And he got pulled into some strange darkness by an evil hand...

Next, they jumped to the infamous boar battle scene in which Link chased down the enemy that was carrying the kid into a castle entrance place... There they had a horse/boarback duel/game of chicken... Link won the battle, swung his sword around, looked pretty for the camera aaand "CUT!"

Then they showed a dungeon... The return of "The Forest Temple" (however it looked more like the windwaker forest dungeon) Link did some... er... dungeon stuff... and proceeded to nab the "Boomerang of Gales"! It looks like they did another upgrade for this... Basically it was like the windwaker boomerang (with the targeting and all) except now it seems to charge up with wind energy and is carried to it's destination by a fun little typhoon! I uh... Am not sure I care for the upgrade... Oh yea! I almost forgot! Link met up with some little monkeys that helped him get places by swinging him across gaps and stuff... and they panicked when he came across enemies! It was so cute!

Next they played the boss... I'm not going to say anything about the boss video... Except don't watch the video unless you want to see how to beat it... I know that I didn't want to know... -_-;

Anyway yea... shaping up quite nicely! When asked about the number of dungeons Eiji said that they were going for a game to surpass Ocaraina in every way sooo... expect Ocarina + number of dungeons! yay!

(Separating posts to get this above the old thread)

Zelutos
May 18, 2005, 07:26 PM
i dun wanna be a wolf...i wanna be a zora o.o;;

Luis
May 18, 2005, 10:25 PM
i am going to sleep until november 3th, i cant wait for it.

Skett
May 20, 2005, 07:37 PM
According to information, this will be the first fully orchastrated Zelda. Isn't it nice when a series gets into the times?

Seriously, this game looks awesome. If it indeed comes out in 2005, it will be Game of the Year, no contest (aside from maybe RE4 and GoW).

Outrider
May 21, 2005, 12:40 AM
On 2005-05-20 17:37, Skett wrote:
According to information, this will be the first fully orchastrated Zelda. Isn't it nice when a series gets into the times?

Wait, has that been announced?

I had read an interview with Koji Kondo, and from what he was saying, I was lead to believe that this was not the case.

I will admit that the music from the E3 demo sounded more epic, but I don't think it sounded like it was done by an orchestra. I'm going to have to check that again.

RoninJoku
May 21, 2005, 01:03 AM
I think we can all agree that alot the music in Wind Waker was sub-par for Zelda... Especially the boss music (bar the sand worm-that was an awesome song) It had too much of a Pikmin feel to it (yea I know, same guy)... Will this one have the same composer as Wind Waker? I feel as though I heard a small element of the last composer in the music piece from the new boss battle... However, this new piece was definitely much better than alot of the ones in Windwaker... The Windwaker boss music just didn't give the feel of intensity that I came to expect after playing Ocarina...

Ochre
May 21, 2005, 10:06 AM
Koji Kondo is still the composer for the game, but according after reading this article (http://cube.ign.com/articles/616/616118p3.html), and I quote:

...it will employ orchestrated music by famed composer Koji Kondo. He has already created orchestrated music for the game, which sounds fantastic. Nintendo has said that Twilight Princess will feature a combination of orchestrated music and MIDI, and that it will orchestrate as many songs as is "fiscally responsible."

I guess that means that most of the music will be orchestrated, while perhaps dynamic additions to the music and such might be midi? I guess we'll find out soon enough! XD

RoninJoku
May 21, 2005, 02:07 PM
I hope that they do some more music with MIDI similar to what they did on the shadow ganon fights in WindWaker... Ya know how the music changed when you returned his blast and entered a volley-getting tenser and tenser until finally someone messess up-at which point a corresponding music piece plays. That was really neat!