PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Error 102

kid2kg
May 17, 2005, 09:38 PM
Ok ive beent rying to figure out how to directly connect to the PSO servers by way of using my modem directly (no interaction with the computer) but everytime i try to connect to get a Hunter's License i get hit with a 102 error. then when i try to do it by way of the website access feature it says could not retrieve the URL for the site. why isnt this working.

not sure if it matters but Im running Windows XP with Road Runner. i dont use any kinda login info to get on the internet and im doing this by way of Ethernet cable and Nintendo BBA

Ryna
May 17, 2005, 09:43 PM
Did you make sure to turn on DHCP and "Automatically Retrieve DNS Settings" in your Network Configuration?

kid2kg
May 17, 2005, 10:33 PM
ok i got connected and everything but it wont accept my check card number. i thought that PSO for GC accepted them?

kid2kg
May 18, 2005, 03:25 AM
ok, got everything upand running. big thanks to Ryna!. also want to point out, be sure to recycle the power on your modem, as this was my only problem. It allows the modem to basically regestir with the gamecube (receive MAC address)

Ryna
May 18, 2005, 07:19 AM
Glad to hear you were able to get your connection working.

Welcome to Gamecube PSO.

metatime
May 24, 2005, 11:21 AM
Could you care to explain what "recycle the power on your modem" is? I have the broadband adapter and I consistently get the 102 error once I d/c and reconnect with the adapter.

Ryna
May 24, 2005, 11:31 AM
On 2005-05-24 09:21, metatime wrote:
Could you care to explain what "recycle the power on your modem" is? I have the broadband adapter and I consistently get the 102 error once I d/c and reconnect with the adapter.

Essentially, it means turning off the power (yanking out the power cable works) and leaving it set for a few minutes. You then connect your adapter to the modem and turn it back on.