PDA

View Full Version : PSO Xbox: Expansions?

Agent_Reav
Jul 31, 2002, 01:18 PM
Alot of these people have been arguing about whether or not PSO XBOX will have an additional fee on top of the Xbox Live Kit. The answer is no and since Microsoft is hosting the servers there is really no need to... But, how do 3rd parties (like SEGA) continue racking in money from these online games? My answer is Expansions. The Xbox has a built in 8gb HDD (Hard Disk Drive) that I think many developers will be taking into account with their online plans. Imagine paying a small fee and being able to download new chracter classes, new levels, new bosses... Anyone think this is a possibility?

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I think that's a good solution. The Japanese will probably have to pay a tri-monthly fee to play their free Episode I online, but for Episode II, the smartest thing for Sonic Team to do would be to release massive downloads and charge for 'em.

Since the XBOX Live system may have an option to use a credit card for payment, it'll be a cinch. Just imagine: You log on, and are greeted with "A new level, 'Anchient Library' is now available. Would you like to download this level for $4.99?".

Sounds great to me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 02:34 PM
Your poll is lame as hell, it doesn't have the answer where it says no to both things. Oh, and I'm getting really tired of you Xbox fanboys keeping on saying "There's no HL fee", well, theres gonna be one, no matter how far up your ass your head is jammed. They said that 3rd party companies can charge their own fees for online games, in ALL regions, and PSO is 3rd party, so Microsoft ain't gonna do s***, no matter how much you protest/refuse to believe it.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 02:39 PM
On 2002-07-31 12:34, Mag_Launcher wrote:
and I'm getting really tired of you Xbox fanboys keeping on saying "There's no HL fee", well, theres gonna be one, no matter how far up your ass your head is jammed.

I'm afraid you are mistaken. There has been no word that there will be a HL fee for the US release of PSO.

And...if you do not care at all for XBOX PSO, as you have said, why did you enter this thread?

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 02:47 PM
Ah, yes, Kal, let's ignore everything everyone says, yeah! Ok, really, do you think I give a DAMN what you think? I don't think I do yep yep. And well, you also lack common sense. Hey, what if Mamak said one of the new bosses was a fat clown named Steve? would you believe that? What if Mamak said you could play as Captain Keyes in Halo, would you believe THAT!? I sure as hell wouldn't!

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 02:49 PM
For the former, yes. If Mamak reported any PSO news, I would believe it until another reputiable source reported something to the contrary. Mamak is the best source for PSO news, so I'll believe anything that is posted as news.

For the latter, about Halo, I wouldn't believe it, as Mamak specializes in PSO news, not Halo news.

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 02:53 PM
Gah, you still don't understand what I'm saying, ugh, damn fanboy... here lemme say it for ya:
YOU.
LACK.
COMMON.
SENSE.

P.S. Your avatar strangely annoys the hell outta me. (Maybe because you're using it...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mag_Launcher on 2002-07-31 13:01 ]</font>

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 03:00 PM
*circles hand*

....which is....? What are you trying to say that has relivance to the original post in this thread?

How odd. You resort to foolish namecalling...

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 03:03 PM
Well, s***, you can't even figure out something SO damn obvious.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 03:10 PM
Odd...blind leaps of faith oftentimes result in disappointment...so I trust the reputiable news sites to bring me information. And, thus far, there are no plans whatsoever to have a monthly fee here in the States. You believe otherwise, even though you have no information to back that up.

Please, keep the insults and flaming down to a minimum. Thank you.

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 03:15 PM
Wow... it's just amazes me... how f***ing thickheaded you are! Seriously, give it up, you're gonna have to pay small fee for it, whether you like it or not. Go ahead, ask an M$ rep about it, maybe he'll actually give a s*** about what you have to say.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 03:20 PM
On 2002-07-31 13:15, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Wow... it's just amazes me... how f***ing thickheaded you are! Seriously, give it up, you're gonna have to pay small fee for it, whether you like it or not. Go ahead, ask an M$ rep about it, maybe he'll actually give a s*** about what you have to say.

Some day, you will have to show me how to look into the future as well as you can.

If, some day, Mamak, PSO-World, Sonic Team, Sega, or Microsoft says that US players will have to pay an additional fee to play online, I will accept it. But, as of now, there are no plans to charge US players anything extra.

But, of course, you feel the need to be anti-XBOX...so no matter how many times I say that, you won't get it. If you insist on believing something when there is no proof whatsoever, go ahead. But, please, refrain from spreading false rumors.

Agent_Reav
Jul 31, 2002, 03:42 PM
Mag... all you do is come into posts about anything involving XBOX PSO and spam the hell out of it with insults and rumors... Basically you're just being an ass. Get out of here ya damn troll! Where are the moderators hen you need them?

sonicblue
Jul 31, 2002, 03:49 PM
On 2002-07-31 12:39, Kalbelgarion wrote:

I'm afraid you are mistaken. There has been no word that there will be a HL fee for the US release of PSO.

And would you like to tell me what information has been released about the US version PSOv2 on Xbox?

Agent_Reav
Jul 31, 2002, 03:59 PM
Actually the Official Xbox Magazine has been covering it fairly well... I suggest you pick up the lastest issue. I haven't read it yet but I'm sure they'll have a PSO section in there (they have been covering it for the last few issues).

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 04:16 PM
On 2002-07-31 13:49, sonicblue wrote:
And would you like to tell me what information has been released about the US version PSOv2 on Xbox?

There is no US version or JP version of PSOv2. There is, however, a US and JP version of PSO Episode I. It's on XBOX Live, uses only voice chat, and comes free with the XBOX Live kit in Japan. Because of that, the Japanese will have to pay an extra monthly fee.

According to Microsoft, PSO Episode II will be released this November as a XBOX Live launch title on the US XBOX.

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 04:29 PM
You know... I'm sorry for what I said earlier... Why, you ask? Well, I met one of the most self-centered, abusive chat ops in existence. And my b****iness does not even begin to compare with hers. So I apologize for what I said earlier. But, honestly, just because Mamak didn't say anything about a US version fee, doesn't mean they aren't thinking about doing it.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 04:45 PM
Apology accepted. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And, yeah, I agree that Sonic Team may be thinking about charging us poor Americans, but until there's word that they are, it's safe to say that they haven't announced any plans to do so.

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 04:49 PM
I'm glad you accepted that. Also, I'm thankful for the fact that that chat op isn't a moderator here.

Yeah, "forget" you, Umipixie! You evil, evil chat op you!

Flame
Jul 31, 2002, 05:10 PM
Wow...it's nice to see people finaly get along.....(sniff). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nelly
Jul 31, 2002, 11:47 PM
Yes there could be future addons to the game tanks to the harddrive but the game dvd's them selves 4.7gb is a lot lol more than half the hard drive

Sedyne
Jul 31, 2002, 11:50 PM
On 2002-07-31 12:34, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Your poll is lame as hell, it doesn't have the answer where it says no to both things. Oh, and I'm getting really tired of you Xbox fanboys keeping on saying "There's no HL fee", well, theres gonna be one, no matter how far up your ass your head is jammed. They said that 3rd party companies can charge their own fees for online games, in ALL regions, and PSO is 3rd party, so Microsoft ain't gonna do s***, no matter how much you protest/refuse to believe it.

2 Words

Inconsiderate - Jackass

NiGHTS
Aug 1, 2002, 06:17 PM
Now "Mag Launcher" you say you hate fanboys but you are the biggest f***ing GC fanboy I've ever seen. You probably haven't even played an Xbox and you're keen to judge it already.

Kent
Aug 1, 2002, 06:20 PM
Sega/Sonic Team really shouldn't have the right to charge us to play the game.

In online RPGs where a fee is required, the money gained from the players is used to maintain the servers. PSO for Xbox won't even have anything to do with Sega's servers, so they shouldn't have the right to charge us. Microsoft is already doing that.

Agent_Reav
Aug 1, 2002, 06:33 PM
You're right KEnt and they aren't going to charge us an extra fee for the Xbox version... I was suggesting how SEGA might continue to make money off of PSO... With Expansions and such. I can't wait!