PDA

View Full Version : Ghost update

dude3282
May 19, 2005, 07:33 PM
With E3, Blizzard has finally made public what it's been up to with Starcraft: Ghost. The official website (http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/) has recieved a major update. Now, the game has multiplayer modes, instead of just single player a la Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell. They're trying to keep the whole thing feeling tactical, though.

Blizzard has acquired Swingin Ape Studios to help develop the game. I didn't know who they were, but it turns out they're the ones who made Heavy Arms, a game I've personally never played nor heard much about. I guess the project was a little overwhelming for the poor Blizzard folks, but I think that Swingin Ape has been helping them for a while and they just announced it recently with the press release.

On the website, there are three trailers from E3 - a multiplayer trailer, single player trailer, and a cinematic trailer. Also tons of screens and lots of new game info. There are four different characters available for multiplayer mode - Ghost, Light Infantry, Firebat, and Marine. Vehicles will be usable in multiplayer, including Siege Tanks, Vultures, and two newly invented vehicles, one of which is a bomber/aerial troop transport. You gotta check out the website, there's tons of cool stuff there. All I gotta say is that it's about time they got moving on that game. I'm expecting good things once it's done. Might be mid to late '06 before we get there, knowing how Blizzard is with launch dates. But at least we're getting somewhere.

If I could dance, I would do a little happy dance right now. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RoninJoku
May 21, 2005, 12:03 AM
It's gonna be one of those really good sounding games released awkwardly after the next-gen consoles come out... I hate it when that happens...

I hope this game has lot's of nods to the original story... Otherwise I'm not sure I will care enough... I'm not big on shooters... But I guess maybe if they keep it tactical...

-Airswoop-
May 23, 2005, 07:47 PM
This game looks very promising, i'm glad to finally hear some more information on it.

BOC
May 24, 2005, 01:34 PM
blizzard rarely fail to deliver.

but they usually fail to deliver on time! i lost count of how many times diablo 2, WOW or warcraft 3 were delayed. If those designers where pizza boys, dominos would have went under many a year ago!

gotta say, i loath stealth games. sneaking just aint my bag baby. but i gotta say i do like what ive seen from ghost, it looks like its got enough action to keep me happy!

even if we wont see the sneaky bitch for another while.

PEACE!!!

dude3282
May 28, 2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I'm excited about it too, I just hate the wait. It really would suck for this to get lost in the next-gen shuffle; I hope that Blizzard can get moving and put it out before then. I'm also surprised that no one's posted on this thread, hardly ... I know there have been two or three longer threads about SC:Ghost, and they were during the long wait when Blizzard refused to update the web site. I figured that since we've finally got something new to talk about, that people would want to talk about it. Whatever happened to the interest? Oh, well.