PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: RAmarl Mag.

Neith
May 20, 2005, 11:02 AM
My RAmarl, Shade, on BB is the first RA i've ever actually wanted to level up considerably. Being primarily a HUnewearl user on GC PSO, I really don't know how to set up a RAmarl mag. I've already got it into a Madhu with Estlla, Pilla, Mylla/Youlla, and it's stats are currently something like 10/17/14/5. I'm trying to keep the DEF at 10, don't want it much higher, it's more the pow/mind/dex balance I'm interested in. I was thinking something along the lines of 10/100/60/30?

The main issue I have is whether it needs that much Mind. I also need to balance DEF+POW=DEX+MIND so my HUcast can make it a Rati.

Any suggestions on how the stats should be arranged roughly at level 200? Thanks.

Sitka
May 20, 2005, 11:12 AM
This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth:

On my Ramarl on xbox, I went primarly for ATP & some ATA with no MST. I ended up with a Sato at 5/150/45/0 and that mag served my style of play very well as I rarely used magic, focusing on using ranged weapons 99% of the time. At lvl 154, I was very happy playing her that way.

Kef and Ryna may have different ideas as they've taken their Ramarls all the way up.

You could always make two mags, one for using her as a ranged attacker and another when you're going to be running with a forceless team that has a bigger emphasis on MST. Just a thought.

Hrith
May 20, 2005, 11:18 AM
My mag on BB -- that I just finished -- is 5/100/60/35.

On GC it was 10/90/50/50 (until I was presented with the Savitri I kept as my main mag).

I think my BB mag will do well. Why? because even if 145 Pow will be useful until Lv 100/120, you have to keep in mind RAmarl's max ATP is 1145, and this is quite easily maxed.

On GC, I did not suffer from the small ATP loss from the mag (use one or 2 God/Power, if needed).

And at Lv 140, 90 Pow was enough to max my ATP, or close to.

The 35 Mind gives me a kickass Resta http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Neith
May 20, 2005, 03:05 PM
Fair enough, thank you both for your replies, much appreciated.

Jarek
May 20, 2005, 03:36 PM
On 2005-05-20 09:18, Kef wrote:
My mag on BB -- that I just finished -- is 5/100/60/35.

My ramarl's diwari has those same stats.. >.>

I've always found some mind to be useful, definitely when you're the highest support char in the team.
But when there is a good fo in the team, your mst's uses really get cut back.
So while making 2 mags for both situations may be useful, it's up to you to decide if the stat difference is worth it.

Kaply
May 23, 2005, 09:29 AM
I like 5/150/45/0 or 5/145/50/0 (rati)

20 pts in MIND isn't going to be that significant, better to drop a unit on when you feel like you'll want it (personally I think it'll be never but if you do..). The reason I prefer a setup like this is because I like to use mechguns in ultimate solo. They tend to have very low ATP and boosting POW on the mag will help. In situations where I'm very confident I can actually aim the mechgun the first try this also allows me to do a 3h combo, although the one or two of the first attack might miss, but not often. I also never really had a need to cast anything all that often. The most I would use is just shifta and rarely resta. Also because of my tendency to like to play multiple characters a mag like this is generally useful to any new character I make/play.

Hrith
May 23, 2005, 11:04 AM
You miss the point, if you have 145 Pow on a Mag, you will be maxed at Lv 120ish >_>; then what ? wasting ATP points ?

and I have 35 Mind on my mag, that's 70 MST, which is a great difference in Resta as well as attacking (if you do not use attack techs with a RAmarl, you should have made another ranger >_>)

Nai_Calus
May 23, 2005, 11:21 AM
How the heck does 145 POW max your ATP by L120? O_o; ERI's L123 and she's got 750-ish base ATP with her 125 POW Rati. >_>; Even two God/Powers wouldn't get her to max or anywhere close. O_o; ...And her HP is so terrible I'm loathe to even allow her to use God/Arms to boost up her lagging ATA, the hell with /Power. X_x;

Hrith
May 23, 2005, 11:27 AM
mats, lolz

Nai_Calus
May 23, 2005, 11:32 AM
Not everyone uses mats, though, or uses them correctly. >_>

So for most people's RAmarls, I'd go with higher POW so the poor critters can actually pretend they're doing damage. >_>

Ryuko
May 23, 2005, 11:56 AM
My RAmarls mag is 10/140/50/0, and she'll soon have a second at 10/100/50/40. I'll switch round if I'm playing with a support FO, or when I'm maxed.

Neith
May 23, 2005, 12:51 PM
Well my mag (now a Kaitabha) isn't too far off lv99, where it'll be turned into a Rati. It's served me well so far, even though it hardly has any mind. The mind can be added once it's changed, along with the rest of the power. I don't use attack techs much yet, but once I have a little mind, I probably will. Thanks for the advice everyone.