PDA

View Full Version : Mines

Crisis
May 20, 2005, 03:13 PM
I need help to beat the mines in ult. Im a lvl 107 hunter and I cant seem to beat it without dying a lot. any sugestions on how to beat it or what of my wepons I should use?

Butoden
May 20, 2005, 03:43 PM
Ult. Mines is alot harder than Ult. Caves. Try using some Mechgun or something which will hit those annoying Gillchichs and back them down.

Skorpius
May 20, 2005, 03:45 PM
I would suggest you start doing some offline quests to level up. Addicting Foods is a good quest for EXP. Level up till about 115 or so, and find some Mechguns with at least 15 hit. You'll pwn things in Mines and make it to Ruins before you know it.

watashiwa
May 20, 2005, 03:46 PM
It sounds like you're playing by yourself and not online, so the strategy is a bit different. (Just the Jellen part really..)

But, it depends on what type of hunter you are, really.

If you're HUnewearl or HUmar, make sure to cast Jellen and Zalure on the enemies... at least the Gilchichs. I s'pose if you're nimble, you can just dodge the Cananes.. but I'd cast Jellen/Zalure on them as well.

Casting Jellen/Zalure will make it so you kill them faster as well as take less damage from them. One thing to note is that Jellen won't change the damage received from a Gilchich or Dubchich's laser.. also has no effect on Baranz' missles.

If you're a HUnewearl, you should throw Shifta/Deband on yourself too, to further your chances of survival and damage output.

If you're a HUcaseal or HUcast, just be a good dodger, really.

What I like to do as a bot is line up the Gilchichs and other groups of robots whenever possible. After lining them up, set down a freeze trap then shoot it with a gun. Once you've done that, take out a multi hit weapon, Sword, Partisan or Slicer type, and just let loose on them all at once repeatedly. They won't be able to fight back, so make sure you get as many hits in until they unfreeze. Once they've unfrozen, peck away at each one with a gun from a distance until they go boom. (Weapons with machine % help out alot, but you probably already knew this..)

When you run out of Freeze Traps, try using a Confuse Traps, this will make them beat each other up and you can still get some damage in from a distance while they're distracted.

Remember to return to Pioneer 2 once in awhile to restock on traps at the Hospital...

Other than that, I don't know what else to suggest. You can still try to get Baranz to kill itself by making it's own missles damage it...

Sinow Blue and Sinow Red pretty much just require side stepping when they leap at you, and wailling on them with the weapon of your choice. (Honestly, I prefer mechguns... but I use a HUcaseal, so I don't tend to miss alot...)

If you're using a HUmar or HUnewearl, again make sure to use Jellen or Zalure, especially when Sinow Red casts S/D on the whole team of robots when he leaps backwards. (If you're a HUcast and HUnewearl, this will generally make things much more difficult for you.. make sure you kill Sinow Red first and foremost, when he's spotted, or at least repeatedly stun him so he does NOT cast S/D..)

Always keep a close eye on all 'chichs when attacking from a distance. They seem to be more laser happy on Ultimate, so you may need to do some sidestepping if you are shooting them with a gun.

If you're playing online, only one extra rule applies, as stated in previous topics. Don't cast Jellen on Sinow Blue unless you can already stand up to a hit from him unjellened. If he knocks you down, GOOD!! Let him. Zalure is always fair game, though. (Remember, this only applies to online mode as offline mode still has an invincibility window after you get hit in Ultimate mode..)

.. I think that's all the tips I have for you.

Crisis
May 20, 2005, 04:09 PM
thnx that really helped a lot http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I beat it and only died once

Kory
May 21, 2005, 08:43 PM
I found this helpful too, though I'm a Ranger. I find that the most difficult enemies are those Sinows. They move fast, they do high damage, they charge if I get far away, and the orange ones even self-heal. It's like they're designed to eat RAcasts. =(

I hadn't realized that going to the Hospital refreshes my supply of Traps, either. I just thought I had a set amount per game. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_shy.gif Even better, it's only like 10 meseta for a refill! I love the Hospital now. My feeling is that Confuse traps are the best traps. If I'm up against two Sinows rather than just one, dropping a Confuse and then beating them both with a Cannon (thanks, Asylum!) ends things quickly and painlessly. If I drop a freeze trap, they're free again by the time I get range; even better, with Confuse they've damaged themselves pretty badly.

Any tips for Vol Opt, beyond what's in the guides? I'm still annoyed that I can't use traps in boss battles. Hardly fair, is it? I mean, RAmars can still cast spells.

Saiffy
May 21, 2005, 08:46 PM
USe mechs on the pillars naturally, it'll be tougher than previous difficulties since on ultimate while you're hitting him he can still shoot techs at you.

He dies generally fast offline, nothing to really worry about. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PIT_pl
May 22, 2005, 07:44 AM
i've beaten it with my lv 100 RAcast. it's easier for androids. if you're an android, don't forget about confuse traps.

for beating Vol Opt v.2 - if you need more pots, then just buy some, take your mag off, leave those pots on the floor in the boss fight arena and let him kill you. you won't lose synchro and you can do it as long as you need. after this the fight is really easy.

korifugi
May 23, 2005, 09:48 AM
I found the hardest thing about ULT: Mines for my RAmarl was the fact you no longer automatically knock the 'chichs over by shooting them, it now happens randomly so the best weapon type i've found (for rangers anyway) are mechgun types - that way, you should be able to knock the 'chichs over and away, that makes ULT: Mines Much easier.