PDA

View Full Version : About this AOL cup....

T1K
May 21, 2005, 01:37 PM
from what i understand its basically the famitsu cup, which through collecting badges you can obtain your choice of either a sambas maracas, toy hammer or a chameoleon scythe. My question is if these badges are actual items you get from a box do people fight and run to them? (I hear they are in the same spot every quest load) Or is it more like points from MA1 and MA2 that everyone in the party receives?

agenevil
May 21, 2005, 05:26 PM
The former.

Nai_Calus
May 22, 2005, 07:19 AM
The best ettiquette is to either have a three-person team and get all six badges and split them evenly, or to have a four-person team and only get one of the stage badges, splitting them evenly. So, 3 people with 2 each, or 4 people with one each... If all six are aquired in a 4-person team, the two spares should be given to the person who needs them most or bunpai-ed(I prefer 'person who needs them most', but).

...However, on the English version, this will never happen. Ever.

T1K
May 22, 2005, 09:55 AM
of the random rooms i have jumped in lately, and thats on all ships not just hyperion, i have yet to meet new people who were wanting to share even just the regular box items. lol.

Jasam
May 22, 2005, 11:15 AM
Is there a guide for the AOl cup anywere... I can only find a guide for the 2nd max attck.....

Tycho
May 22, 2005, 03:09 PM
I think I'll just do max-kill two-player runs with a friend, and on odd runs share the ninth badge one way, on even runs the other way around. Or something.

Nai_Calus
May 22, 2005, 03:42 PM
Ninth? There are six, unless they actually bothered to change something from last year.

Blair
May 22, 2005, 04:14 PM
where can i get a walkthrough for the Max Attack? I don't see one in the quests section here, only for the second one http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saffran
May 22, 2005, 05:00 PM
WTF? Indeed, no guide for this.

Try searching the forums for old threads about it, We discussed it last year, and I'm sure I read about the hidden paths through the walls in Mines on these boards.

A-P
May 22, 2005, 05:38 PM
Gah, I don't even know how to Find a Badge... Anyone know how they are obtained? And yes, a guide would sure cut down the questions.

Blair
May 23, 2005, 01:19 PM
I just searched for 'Famitsu Cup' 'Famitsu Maximum Attack' 'Maximum Attack', et al...

there was some discussion but i couldn't find any guides, at all. Thanks for the tip about the hidden walls though.

Nai_Calus
May 23, 2005, 01:35 PM
Try searching for Edy cup?

Sitka
May 23, 2005, 02:27 PM
On 2005-05-22 13:09, Tycho wrote:
I think I'll just do max-kill two-player runs with a friend, and on odd runs share the ninth badge one way, on even runs the other way around. Or something.

Invite me if you would like. I love two-player MA runs. Did many of them on xbox when it came out. Now that I know I can't take a chance on dying (different from xbox), I'll be more careful with the Baranz. BTW, I personally like running hard mode for the rare drop chances, but i also wouldn't mind looking for an s-parts.

Saffran
May 23, 2005, 04:58 PM
http://www3.big.or.jp/~fujikko/pso/bb/map_edy1.html

This is the map for 1 player (500 kills)
There are links to 2 players conqest and 3/4 players conquest on the page.

I know, it's in japanese, but if you have played the quest 3 or 4 times already, you should be able to figure th eroutes out...