PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Wand/Mil lil's

Jive18
May 21, 2005, 06:26 PM
Yesterday I got my Purplenum RAcast to Ultimate, and of course, I immediatly beat a few guild quests to get Addicting Food. I piped for Mils and found 5 within 2-3 hours. None dropped P-Wand, and I was just wondering if anyone who has piped Mils for the Wand could let me know how many Mils it took before they landed the uber.

I know the drop rate is 1/200ish but I just need to get a sort of outlook on exactly how long it may take before P-Wand is in my grasp, even though it's different for everybody. Thanks.

Corey
May 21, 2005, 06:30 PM
No it's about 1/21.

It took me 9 Mil Lillies on my Old PSO file (corrupted one)

Arnot
May 21, 2005, 06:31 PM
...took me 6 days of random two-hour piping sessions. And my FO doesn't even have enough MST to use it yet. =/

Jive18
May 21, 2005, 06:38 PM
You sure about that Cory? In Purplenum item findings it says 1/205.

Arnot - that's how it'll be for me. My FOmar won't be able to use for a really long time, but a P-Wand is worth it.

Hrigg
May 21, 2005, 06:40 PM
It is 1/205

I've found 40 Mil's, and obviously, I haven't found a Pyscho Wand yet.

Jive18
May 21, 2005, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I am hoping that I will find it in under 60 Mils, at least.

I think I may need to make a deal with God at some point http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

RicoRoyal
May 21, 2005, 07:39 PM
Took 8 mils for me. The last 7 were all piped in one day. Good luck with your hunt.

Skorpius
May 21, 2005, 07:41 PM
It's taken me 30, with no luck yet. I quit a while back, though.

Saiffy
May 21, 2005, 08:34 PM
1/205 are a pain from rare monsters, at least you got the easy one though. I was lucky torrs liked me.

Good luck with your noble quest, and just to point out, psycho wand is kinda, really useless on FOmar and FOmarl.

Jason
May 21, 2005, 08:35 PM
Waterfall Tears is best for piping Mil Lilies, and you can get that quest after you completed Addicting Food. But if you are looking for something else too apart from Psycho Wand, like a Smoking Plate for example, keep Addicting Food undone otherwise you'll have to complete all quests to be able to play any completed quest over again as much as you want. Wow, long sentence. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2005-05-21 18:36 ]</font>

biggabertha
May 21, 2005, 10:00 PM
I've acyually done 205 Mil lilly's and still not got a Psycho wand... And my HUmar is completely legit in case you were about to have a go at him. After Mil lilly 205, I just gave up. I didn't even get a photon drop, lucky or unlucky I don't know, but I have lost a lot of my sanity and I think my Cube is at the point where it needs to be replaced...

Jive18
May 21, 2005, 11:02 PM
On 2005-05-21 20:00, biggabertha wrote:
I've acyually done 205 Mil lilly's and still not got a Psycho wand... And my HUmar is completely legit in case you were about to have a go at him. After Mil lilly 205, I just gave up. I didn't even get a photon drop, lucky or unlucky I don't know, but I have lost a lot of my sanity and I think my Cube is at the point where it needs to be replaced...

Wow...

Tycho
May 22, 2005, 04:09 AM
Took me 39, I got lucky. The game did get back on me for Monkey King Bar and S-Parts v2.01, although those aren't as rare. <_<

Anyway, you might get it after not too many Lilies, it may take you twice as many (Shiva hasn't gotten a P-Wand after over 500, the P-Wand pic in the item database shows someone who had to pipe 300 for it or something). Good luck on this. By the way, I recommend you to keep piping the eight leftover Lilies after your first Mil, then the seven Lilies that are still alive.

Oh, bring a Sacred/Cloth and loads of EDK too.

Hrith
May 22, 2005, 05:21 AM
16, but I did not pipe http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I observe a minute of silence in honour of your Gamecube.

PJ
May 22, 2005, 08:09 AM
On 2005-05-21 18:34, Saiffwin wrote:
Good luck with your noble quest, and just to point out, psycho wand is kinda, really useless on FOmar and FOmarl.

Unless they're melee characters, Psycho Wand is never useless on any casting characters.

...Well, I'm gonna melee with it, but you already knew that XP

Saiffy
May 22, 2005, 12:34 PM
On 2005-05-22 06:09, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

Unless they're melee characters, Psycho Wand is never useless on any casting characters.

I expect a level of weirdness from you PJ, good jorb.

and uh... I should pipe this, just for another 12 star and be uber like... Kef? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif?

Tycho
May 22, 2005, 03:03 PM
On 2005-05-22 10:34, Saiffwin wrote:

and uh... I should pipe this, just for another 12 star and be uber like... Kef? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif?

No, you should go pipe an Ophelie Seize from a Pazuzu. ;(

Jive18
May 22, 2005, 04:34 PM
On 2005-05-22 02:09, Tycho wrote:
Took me 39, I got lucky. The game did get back on me for Monkey King Bar and S-Parts v2.01, although those aren't as rare. <_<

Anyway, you might get it after not too many Lilies, it may take you twice as many (Shiva hasn't gotten a P-Wand after over 500, the P-Wand pic in the item database shows someone who had to pipe 300 for it or something). Good luck on this. By the way, I recommend you to keep piping the eight leftover Lilies after your first Mil, then the seven Lilies that are still alive.

Oh, bring a Sacred/Cloth and loads of EDK too.

500?! Good lord, I thought 205 was a lot. I piped for 3 more last night, so that makes 8.

Good idea Tycho, I didn't think of piping the leftovers. I have been killing everything in the room including the Mil and then restarting the quest. Thanks for the tip.

Jive18
May 22, 2005, 04:37 PM
On 2005-05-22 13:03, Tycho wrote:

On 2005-05-22 10:34, Saiffwin wrote:

No, you should go pipe an Ophelie Seize from a Pazuzu. ;(

I hadn't planned on getting a Purplenum to Ultimate in the first place, but now that I'm working towards P-Wand my FOmar is going to shift slightly from melee to casting (though I'll still do both). Of course, if I never get the Wand I'll just stick to meleeing again.

Genoa
May 26, 2005, 12:21 AM
I got the Agito (AUW 1975 REAL) from a Tollaw on Bluefull..., wasn't looking for it and honestly didn't want it...
With that same Bluefull, I tried to get Heaven Punisher from Hildetor by completing the FoS quest repeditively... no luck.

My friend found 2 Hildebear's heads IN A ROW, a Hildeblue's head in the next room, then 1 more Hildebear's head before he left (quest FoS). And he wasn't looking for those and didn't care either

When he starting to look for Psycho Wand on his Purplenum, he found quite a few Mil Lily's... no luck.

Point is, it's when you're not looking for it... you find it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.... it sux >_<

Jive18
May 26, 2005, 07:24 PM
On 2005-05-25 22:21, MegamanX wrote:
Point is, it's when you're not looking for it... you find it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.... it sux >_<

I know exactly what you mean Megaman, there's several items I've never thought of looking for that dropped.

Update on pipes: I've been going really slow and have gotten to 13 Mils. Oh well, have to just keep on going.

Luis
May 28, 2005, 02:34 PM
I got mine at the mil #74, right now i am hunting handgun guld, i am starting the run so i wont expect a Guld right now, just having and trying to find any other item like you said, if you dont hunt it, it will drop, in that case i am doing Doc Secret Plan, hunting perfect resists and any other item but handgun Guld =)

VulpesMundi
May 28, 2005, 04:35 PM
Back in my day it took me 12 Mil Lilies to get a Psycho Wand (1/205 drop), 22 Pouilly Slimes to get my first Lavis Cannon (1/22 drop), with a second one on either 27 or 29 (can't remember anymore), and 98 combined Whitill Mil Lilies (50 with none) and Pinkal Pal Rappies (48 to finally get the drop) to get a '75 Agito (1/22 drop). I still laugh that less than a week after that Agito I found another one from a random Bluefull Tollaw in Lost Heat Sword (1/10083 drop) when I wasn't even looking for it. I never did manage to find a Heaven Punisher, though I only saw 18 Bluefull Hildetorrs (1/205 drop). At any rate, it's better not to pay attention to odds and drop rates. You'll only drive yourself insane thinking about it. As I used to say so very often: persistence pays off. You'll eventually find what you're looking for as long as you refuse to give up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2005-05-28 14:44 ]</font>

Jason
May 28, 2005, 04:59 PM
On 2005-05-28 14:35, VulpesMundi wrote:
Back in my day it took me 12 Mil Lilies to get a Psycho Wand (1/205 drop), 22 Pouilly Slimes to get my first Lavis Cannon (1/22 drop), with a second one on either 27 or 29 (can't remember anymore), and 98 combined Whitill Mil Lilies (50 with none) and Pinkal Pal Rappies (48 to finally get the drop) to get a '75 Agito (1/22 drop). I still laugh that less than a week after that Agito I found another one from a random Bluefull Tollaw in Lost Heat Sword (1/10083 drop) when I wasn't even looking for it. I never did manage to find a Heaven Punisher, though I only saw 18 Bluefull Hildetorrs (1/205 drop). At any rate, it's better not to pay attention to odds and drop rates. You'll only drive yourself insane thinking about it. As I used to say so very often: persistence pays off. You'll eventually find what you're looking for as long as you refuse to give up.

I wholeheartedly agree.

tag888
Oct 4, 2005, 09:10 PM
you know, i hav found around 30 and yet to find one, but that was online only, no piping. I just finished all the quests with my 170-purplenim-Ramarl-Aja' TLD. Now i can officially start piping, but I just don't want to waste my time, but i can pipe for about an hour each day, so how long do you think it will take me?

Inazuma
Oct 5, 2005, 12:13 AM
took me 160 mills on bb. i did the first 2 rooms of ashita no daika (tomorrow's price) for roughly 400 hours. it was well worth it tho ^ ^

Ryna
Oct 5, 2005, 06:28 AM
Replying to a thread whose reply is older than 2 weeks is considered bumping in this forum. Please check the dates on the threads you reply to.