PDA

View Full Version : PSO Vehicles?

Agent_Reav
Jul 31, 2002, 09:47 PM
Imagine if you will a place where Boomas explode by the sheer strength of your howitzer... Yes, Vehicles in PSO... It's the greatest idea since pre-wrapped condoms. I can only drool over the possibility of having myself and three other friends inside an armored car blasting away at baddies. So if PSO were to get vehicles which would you want the most? (Please post why you choose what you did)

Agent_Reav
Jul 31, 2002, 09:51 PM
I picked the ABRAMS tank because I'm an Alien Front Online (A kick *** DC online tank game) fanatic. I can still picture the Booma chunks flying ^_^;

diospadre
Jul 31, 2002, 09:54 PM
i think it would be awesome to tear up the forsest in the turtles party wagon

RavenTW
Jul 31, 2002, 10:05 PM
4 different walkers that one person could get into eahc, then combine into a suped-up Spider Walker with a big cannon on all sides! *drools*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2002-07-31 20:06 ]</font>

Agent_Reav
Jul 31, 2002, 10:09 PM
Turtles Wagon O.o Dude that is like my childhood dream... B4 I even knew what a Booma was I wanted to kill it with a Turtles wagon! Biped joining?! OMFG that's like supah anime style http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Booma pancake ne one?

MushaTek
Jul 31, 2002, 10:11 PM
I'd like to see the tank from Phantasy Star 4 whith like the 200 mm Vulcan turrets and all that crazy ish... but if I can't have that I'd just pick Dr. Stangelove's preferred vehicle the... A-Bomb. Kamikaze Nagasaki style...

Tuir
Jul 31, 2002, 10:12 PM
Yeah, they should use the vehicles from the other Phantasy Stars. =D Just amazing.

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 10:13 PM
Vehicles would NEVER fit into what PSO is now... However, I wonder if some crazy fool could make an FPS out of PSO, and make it 16 vs. 16 instead of 2 vs. 2. That would be insane, have people start out with a Yasminkov 2000H, then run around the map finding weapons like Yas. 7000Vs, dual 9200Ms, dual 2000Hs, Photon Launcher, Anti-Android rifle, Drill Launcher, Maser Beam, and Inferno Bazooka. (Sucks in pso... but in an FPS? hmmm...) Then we'd have an environment, all Halo style, and we mix in some multi-seated vehicles. You should be able to buy armor, weapons, and ammo a-la CounterStrike, and be able to find them on the ground (of course). I'm serious, I would pay DAMN good money to play this if it existed. (Also sounds like one hell of a Q3/UT/HL mod pack idea, wouldn't you think?)

Kalbelgarion
Jul 31, 2002, 10:16 PM
The Landrover, of course! Imagine zooming around the Forest in PSIV's armored car...or imagine the Hydrofoil in the Beach level!

...or, better yet, allow *casts/*caseals the ability to turn into an Areojet, Submersible, or Aquaskimmer, ala PSIII's Wren. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mag's right, though. These wouldn't really work in PSO...unless perhaps Sonic Team puts them in for one online quest.

Agent_Reav
Jul 31, 2002, 10:23 PM
I think it could work... we'd need alot more baddies... a more fluid control system (ala GTA3 PC) and such but I think it'd make the game so incredibly insane and fun it'd definetly be worth it. And these powerful Next Gen systems like Gamecube and Xbox can definetly handle it!

Mag_Launcher
Jul 31, 2002, 10:29 PM
Well, if you had vehicles in the PSO we have now, you probably won't get it out of the first room/area. (Won't fit through doors & such.) Hey... I'm gonna start a poll on this idea. (My FPS idea, not the vehicles)

MushaTek
Jul 31, 2002, 10:31 PM
I agree with the Reav-ster. If it had GTAIII's engine but a bit more souped up in graphics department then I think it'll give the game nicer touch and would allow for some type of vehicle interaction... but I'm ramblin' ol' fool w/ King Pin as my body guard...

Gazebo
Aug 1, 2002, 01:09 AM
On 2002-07-31 20:13, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Vehicles would NEVER fit into what PSO is now... However, I wonder if some crazy fool could make an FPS out of PSO, and make it 16 vs. 16 instead of 2 vs. 2. That would be insane, have people start out with a Yasminkov 2000H, then run around the map finding weapons like Yas. 7000Vs, dual 9200Ms, dual 2000Hs, Photon Launcher, Anti-Android rifle, Drill Launcher, Maser Beam, and Inferno Bazooka. (Sucks in pso... but in an FPS? hmmm...) Then we'd have an environment, all Halo style, and we mix in some multi-seated vehicles. You should be able to buy armor, weapons, and ammo a-la CounterStrike, and be able to find them on the ground (of course). I'm serious, I would pay DAMN good money to play this if it existed. (Also sounds like one hell of a Q3/UT/HL mod pack idea, wouldn't you think?)

HOLY CRAP! That is the greatest idea for a game I have ever heard! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyways, I choose the APC cause it'd be cool to go around and crush things and be able to get out and kill more things......................maybe itz just me.........

Mag_Launcher
Aug 1, 2002, 01:16 AM
Well, if you like that idea, go to my topic "What is PSO was a fast-paced FPS like Quake and such?"
I put a little more detail on the idea.

PlatinumGame
Aug 1, 2002, 01:18 AM
PSO is fine the way it is. Vehicles, fps action, even sports games (I knew at least one moron would be thinking about pso football) in pso is just stupid.

Mag_Launcher
Aug 1, 2002, 01:43 AM
Well, I was suggesting an FPS based on PSO would be a cool idea, that's all.

PlatinumGame
Aug 1, 2002, 01:57 AM
I didn't single you out when I said that...

Neogame2
Aug 1, 2002, 07:45 AM
What would be able to stop these vehicles? hardly a good game if ur invinsible just gets boring. besides an X-wing would be amazing to see lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neogame2 on 2002-08-01 05:47 ]</font>

Bootilicus
Aug 1, 2002, 07:54 AM
I would choose a heavily armoured hover bike. I figure you would be able to speed around in smaller spaces along with speeding past the monsters! I would LOVE IT!!!

I guess I like the motorcycle racing games which would be a reason to my answer.

Cabel
Aug 1, 2002, 08:03 AM
The point of PSO right now is that (at least in episode one) is that we're exploring places which vehicles can't access, so vehicles couldn't work with the current PSO. But, everyone's seen the vehicles flying around in the pioneer 2, so vehicles could play a part. I'd love to see a huge explorable city in pioneer 2, where you can control those vehicles to travel around it. Imagine the growth of traffic, around the pioneer 2, the introduction of taxi services, the ability to spend your whole time on PSO just living in the city.

Bootilicus
Aug 1, 2002, 08:07 AM
I've played Grand Theft Auto 3 on PS2...and it would be cool as hell if PSO (new version) would be a little bit more 3d-ish and interactive as that game is. Like going to pick up your vehicle and travel to the person who you have been hired to do the quest for. I think if PSO were to have any vehicles the most common place for them to be found would be in quests.
What do you all think?

**Hey Cabel..haven't seen you in a while...holla holla***

KoRnyCloud912
Aug 1, 2002, 12:10 PM
The hover bike one.....

I think it would be a lobby only thing, i mean, puttin it in the actual game would be stupid. I want a lot to do in lobbies so that i dont get bored easily...

yashichi
Aug 1, 2002, 12:43 PM
I have to go with my good old trusty giant robot! heh heh

And thanks for remembering those old android transforming abilities, Kalbelgarion! From this it does seem like vehicles could figure into a PSO environment. Maybe in a true sequel?

-Y

Shadow_Blade
Aug 1, 2002, 02:04 PM
It would be cool if there was a quest where you go around in P2, chasing a criminal on one of the ghost bikes from halo. You go threw out the ship, viewing many cool things, you could of never seen before. If u shoot him down,(by what ever means)before he escapes, then you recive some cool wep. ^_^;

Agent_Reav
Aug 1, 2002, 05:23 PM
I like the traveling in Pio2 idea... I remember when i saw the first trailers for PSO I thought you'd board a transport and be carried into battle (Kinda like the Pelican in Halo)... Instead we got instant transportation :/ My personal spin on the idea would be to give each and every PSO user an apartment in Pio 2. Make the game a huge interative world with hundreds of thousand of people being able to exist in Pio 2 and Ragol. You could go over to someone's place and meet em there with your hover car/bike (you can earn better vehicles with meseta), take em over to the barracks pick up your weapon of choice (Tank, APC, etc) and crash onto Ragol. I think the vehicles should have health meters and should explode (damaging you and your crew) when reaching 0 health points. I also think you should be able to board and unboard vehicles at will.

Crescent_Dragon
Aug 1, 2002, 06:39 PM
I would want a biped walker like the one from Alien Front Online. 'Mechs are just cool!

Agent_Reav
Aug 1, 2002, 06:49 PM
Another AFO player? Awesome! *Shakes Hand* I'm more of an Army guy myself but the Alien 4legged walker was pretty cool.

ChokingVictim
Aug 1, 2002, 07:13 PM
the thing is though, vehicles would fall in line with the game though. look at EotM. Of course that require a much larger game world. Unless they made it so certain vehicles opened up new levels with different enemies.
It could work down the future, but the game would have to be much more expansive, not EQ biq, but big

ChokingVictim
Aug 1, 2002, 07:15 PM
the thing is though, vehicles would fall in line with the game though. look at EotM. Of course that require a much larger game world. Unless they made it so certain vehicles opened up new levels with different enemies.
It could work down the future, but the game would have to be much more expansive, not EQ biq, but big.

SPECIAL_WEAPON_FOmarl
Aug 1, 2002, 08:31 PM
Im all in it for the earn mesta for better car idea.That could open up doors for better gameplay in PSO and rare hunts.Here's how I picture it

you have to pay

for a better basic car,with all the spare money we have(selling DB sabers and doing quests)you can pay the car dealer 9999999 and reduce the current amount of money.You could always go to fight off monsters to get more money and this will also encourage the playing of quests for money(how many people did quests just for the money?)This will also serve as a "rare hunt" while your busy trying to sell off common rares and mabey on the way find a SPECIAL WEAPON rare...that's just my 2 cents though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SPECIAL_WEAPON_FOmarl on 2002-08-01 18:35 ]</font>

Agent_Reav
Aug 2, 2002, 02:57 PM
Yea that's what I was thinking... seeing as how my bank is packed as well as my wallet. :/

MushaTek
Aug 2, 2002, 04:12 PM
Another good idea about the meseta for a vehicle idea would be besides opening some side quests and the such, they can add another minigame(that's actually worth the effort to try.) Like a racing minigame that takes the players throughout Pioneer 2 and the winner can earn prizes and the such. Also, wouldn't be cool to do a side quest where you can go take people to places on Ragol a la Crazy Taxi while protecting (running down) them against crazy Booma ass... IMO

Agent_Reav
Aug 2, 2002, 07:24 PM
Hey hey hey it's time to make some real money... here...we...go! *APC peels out and runs over Principal* Sounds fun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MushaTek
Aug 2, 2002, 08:07 PM
Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of crashing through the wall behind the principal and then landing on him and some of those damn scientists while he cries for Red Ring Rico... >)

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2002, 11:04 PM
Why would they have US military vehicles? Maybe like stuff from the future would be cool.

Ness
Aug 3, 2002, 09:35 AM
I voted other because I would rather just fly over thenm with a sapcship and bomb the monsters from above.

Agent_Reav
Aug 3, 2002, 12:41 PM
Bombing missions in PSO ^_^; I can't wait 4 Robotech http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VariantXL
Aug 3, 2002, 03:49 PM
Why the hell would they need vehicles... they have freaking teleporters....

Ness
Aug 4, 2002, 09:53 AM
We're talking about military vehicles not transportation.

Defend
Aug 4, 2002, 06:31 PM
PSO + vehicles = a different game.
Might be good, might not, just putting some cool vehicles in won't do a thing to make the gameplay any good. And as it is, PSO is pretty damn playable, a different game with a PSO basis would have a tough time beating it.. vehicles.. novelty only.

Agent_Reav
Aug 4, 2002, 07:38 PM
I think we all agree that PSO needs change... SEGA has addressed this problem by announcing a full blown sequel on the Xbox...but they have not announced what gameplay changes will occur, I think vehicles (if put in the right environment) would make PSO a much more enjoyable experience. FPS was a pretty "me too" genre till games like Tribes and Halo put vehicles into the mix... I think it could work for PSO too.

Solidus_Snake
Sep 20, 2003, 10:51 PM
ICE DIGGER BABY YOU CANNOT BEAT A LASER TANK WITH DRILLS ON THE FRONT!! You just cant beat the good ol classic right out of PSIV.

http://www.geocities.com/timesquare/ring/7674/phantasystar/idigger.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solidus_Snake on 2003-09-20 21:15 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 20, 2003, 11:10 PM
Or you could just use your vehicles for parts of gigantic boss-fights and certain areas in the game. Like one phase you're fighting, say, Falz on foot, then later, it morphs into some even more humongous form and you get in your vehicles and kick its ass with those.

And there could be larger, open areas (that aren't underground for a change, like maybe a desert) that are so vast they they require vehicles to traverse quickly and have tougher beasties. Of course, there would have to be different vehicle-types, and there would need to be things like personal tanks, agile vehicles, and artillery vehicles, maybe a mech or two.

CGoodness
Sep 20, 2003, 11:29 PM
Unicycle!

Kujin
Sep 21, 2003, 06:58 AM
hahah, this topic is over a year old.

Solidus_Snake
Sep 21, 2003, 10:42 AM
The landrover would also be a nice vehicle to drive around especially with its main cannon hehehe.
http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/screenshots/psiv/landrov.jpg

Da_Wrecka
Sep 21, 2003, 01:35 PM
On 2003-09-21 04:58, Kujin wrote:
hahah, this topic is over a year old.

True enough but I didn't actually start to frequent PSOW until about 6-7 months ago, so I missed this first time round. (Not that I'm saying reviving dead topics for the benefit of new people should be encouraged.)

A PSO-themed FPS or mod isn't such a crazy idea. And it wouldn't suffer from some of the things that makes PSO so annoying at times. (Like being one-hit critical-KOed by a flying Sinow - it could still happen in a themed FPS mod but if you're circle-strafing it'd be a lot harder for that Sinow to connect) Whether it would vex even the fanworks-tolerant Yuji Naka is open for debate though. Still, if legal someone should make something like that as it has plenty of potential.

And if I could model/map worth half a crap that someone would definitely be me. As it is I'm just a code monkey.

Cerris
Sep 21, 2003, 01:45 PM
I would like to have some form of fighter jet,
It would have 20 fill repeaters!

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 22, 2003, 08:30 PM
that would be something like frag-tastic star online, we dont need a FPS spin-off of an "RPG" loli can see if you use vehicals to TRANSPORT to other ares, but NOT to frag the beasties, then they OBVIOUSLY would NOT be able to kill you if you just run them over and they go splat, it would make alot of the melee weps pointless too, think about what youd TAKE AWAY before you ADD lol i could ONLY see any of these ideas as a FPS, im sure some1 else might have said that and MAY have said that, after like the 3rd post i just replyed lol and i bet some1 threw halo around too lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwaltz-R on 2003-09-22 18:31 ]</font>

HUShadow
Sep 22, 2003, 08:47 PM
Heh, I picked the bike...I always liked bikes...bike go fast...

SnowReaper
Sep 22, 2003, 10:15 PM
Well maybe all the idea's of bikes and crud would go into a mode.. so it wouldnt really affect the other modes.. because it would just ruin the fricking game THINK ABOUT IT o.o thank you and buh bye

Spider
Sep 23, 2003, 06:37 AM
Argh, vehicles would kill PSO so bad, my favorite style is hunter, and when I think of PSO I think of slicing apart hoards of monsters, then having hoards upon hoards coming at you non stop. Although if it was in a small part in a quest or mini game it would be alright I suppose.

Valleo
Sep 23, 2003, 12:13 PM
I would love to see them add something in to that effect, without changing the gameplay as it is now. That is to say, they would have to make a level or two (or perhaps a quest) that required the use of a vehicule or two. I myself would be partial to a speedbike level, or a level where 3 teammates fire cannons/fight off baddies from on the vehicule while one drives it (a tank or a speedboat or something). I also wouldnt mind a space travel portion to PSO where you travel between planets via your ship and blast stuff, just to break the monotony of the hack and slash.

But I wouldnt want to see PSO become exclusively any of the above ideas. Especially not a pure FPS game. Incorporate it into the current gameplay, sure. FPS only? Teh suxxorz.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valleo on 2003-09-23 10:14 ]</font>

-benjamin-
Sep 23, 2003, 07:07 PM
for starters how big would the red boxes be?????

=)

also i had an idea to totally eveolve pso, with keeping to the same sorta style of melee/guns/spells

imagine:

HUnters instead of atk, str atk and ext atk imagine vertical weak, vert strong, hori weak, hori strong (only one extra, but make it cooler) to mix up the combo's, and extra animations specific to class

RAngers: RAnewm enough said..........

but imagine a sorta cross hair thing on rifles, not completely fps (might as well port whole thing to pc if that happens) but with some sniper rifles on fps' you get a zoomed soight whilst the rest of the background remains in normal focus, there could be kinda hit boxes etc, the buttons (b, a and x on gc) would controll level of zoom/shoot, this would involve being able to hold L and use b,a,x aswell as R and b,a,x for 9 custom buttons rather than 6, this ofcourse applies for all classes

FOrces:
sick of fire, ice and lightning (and light/dark) well how aboot extra water, nature (kinda like big barbed poison vines, rather than little leaves) and not just __, Gi or Ra, what if with the higher level spell, the more "options" you get about how you use it, for example if you could throw a ball of barta (foie style) at level 5ish barta, or you could do an allround deband, or make a super strong 1 sided one (sorta of like a deband wall working at 120% rather than 100 but leaving your sides, back vunerable)

these are only ideas, im gonna post them in a new post (copy and paste) but i think with the same sort of cartoony graphics (kinda) but more in depth strategy and gameplay, (and a way to stop bl**dy fsodx and hacking weapons and fsod) wouldn't pso be more enjoyable, the RAngers sniping, the HUnters doing impressive god/battle induced combo's that beat cr*p outta booma's, etc, whilst FOrces run about using slow, paralysis, poison (nature), water techs in which ever way they like (with water there would be some sort of tsunami wave, now imagine a foie tsunami, with lava pouring down on all that stand in your way

all in a different storyline/time, perhaps making a new race or 2? (HUgol (gol as in ragol, kinda like a human/booma splice) or a FOgol (you know you want the sourcerors diamonds) or even a RAgol (lol, just seen spelling, as a little rappy/man with a gun =D )

anyway ive rambled on enough, im gonna post this in the same forum, might even edit it when it isnt 1 in the morning tomorow or something