PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Quests and Hard mode...

Fefnir
May 22, 2005, 03:54 PM
In BB, is it absolutely necessary to complete the quests in order to advance to Hard? Or can you go into Hard once you reach a certain level?

Eanae
May 22, 2005, 04:21 PM
On 2005-05-22 13:54, Fefnir wrote:
In BB, is it absolutely necessary to complete the quests in order to advance to Hard? Or can you go into Hard once you reach a certain level?

You HAVE to do the government quests to get to hard mode.

Kory
May 22, 2005, 05:14 PM
It's actually a double requirement. Level 20 AND Government Quests.

Just to be perfectly clear. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Fefnir
May 22, 2005, 07:14 PM
Ew, that sucks. My friend keeps getting errored during this one quest... Heh, looks like she's gonna be on normal forever...

watashiwa
May 22, 2005, 11:36 PM
The good news is once you do the government quests in Normal, you really don't have to do them again. Not even to unlock areas in Hard mode.

Once you're in Hard mode, you'll notice everything is already unlocked from Normal to Ruins. =D

(Unless you have to do them to unlock Very Hard, which would suck.. But I don't know since VH isn't available yet, hehe..)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-05-22 21:38 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 23, 2005, 12:23 AM
There are a billion BB threads detailing everything you could possibly want to know about advancing in BB, watashiwa, you might try doing a forum search and reading them.

But for the lazy masses, I'll restate it yet again:

In order to advance to Hard, one must have cleared the government quests for that episode and meet the required level.

Yes, the Episodes are seperate. Clearing Ep1 Government quests and making L20 only gets you access to Hard Episode 1. (I realize that there's no Ep2 or 4 yet, but this is useful to know later) Ep2 Hard takes the Ep2 Lab quests and L30, Ep4 Hard the Ep4 Government quests and L40.

Once the quests are complete on Normal, all further difficulties will have all areas unlocked, in the normal game mode.

However, the same does not apply to Solo mode - In order to unlock areas in Solo mode for a difficulty, one must do the corresponding government quests to open that area. For example, those wishing to do, say, Ult Seabed in solo mode would need to clear Ultimate 5-1 through 5-5, 6-1 through 6-5 and 7-1 through 7-5. 8-1 through 8-3 would, however, not need to be done.

It's an extremely annoying system, and I fully expect that with the delay in releasing Ep2 that there will be few Ep2 games in the future because everyone will be too lazy to go back and clear the Ep2 quests when it's finally released with their L100+ characters. XP

watashiwa
May 23, 2005, 01:51 AM
On 2005-05-22 22:23, Ian-KunX wrote:
However, the same does not apply to Solo mode - In order to unlock areas in Solo mode for a difficulty, one must do the corresponding government quests to open that area. For example, those wishing to do, say, Ult Seabed in solo mode would need to clear Ultimate 5-1 through 5-5, 6-1 through 6-5 and 7-1 through 7-5. 8-1 through 8-3 would, however, not need to be done.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. All I've done is the Normal mode Government quests. Period.

Your post states you had to do Ultimate mode Government quests to unlock Ultimate mode solo areas. If the same system was still in place, then shouldn't I have to do Hard mode Government quests to unlock Hard mode solo areas?

Just to let you know, I haven't touched one Hard mode government or single player quest. However, when I create a Hard mode game whether it's government or solo mode, all areas are unlocked.

Perhaps you had to unlock each area individually, for each difficulty, solo in the Japanese Blue Burst, but it doesn't appear that way here.

So...

http://www.vengefulsoda.com/ph4il.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-05-23 07:49 ]</font>

Tycho
May 23, 2005, 03:10 AM
You use a picture from Ian's site against him? >.>

Nai_Calus
May 23, 2005, 07:53 AM
Wow, ST actually improved something for once. *golfclap* Maybe Solo mode will actually be worth bothering with finally.

Notos
May 23, 2005, 08:51 AM
The maps in hard solo play are unlocked by doing all normal gov't quests. But the maps in hard solo quests are not unlocked from normal gov't quests. I cleared the first 3 solo quests on hard but none of the caves, mines nor ruins quests are unlocked.

watashiwa
May 23, 2005, 09:45 AM
As long as the areas are unlocked, that's all I really care about.

I'd never redo the solo quests on another difficulty besides possibly on VH or Ultimate, and that's just to get to rooms with massive spawns of the same enemies. (For rare monster spawns... =x)