PDA

View Full Version : Graduation: It's Over

Ness
May 23, 2005, 11:21 AM
You know how many people tend to feel a little down at graduation? Well it's sort of hit me, but it didn't hit me after graduation. it didn't hit me at the graduation party I went to afterwards. It didn't even hit while I was at the last school sponsored activity I would attend: project graduation. It wasn't until this morning, when i woke up, that it would hit me.

I realized that I would never see most of these people again, even the ones I had known for most of my life. All the crushes I had on girls during high school don't amtter anymore because I will never see them again; my chaces with them is gone.

Never again will have to see the place I had grown accustomed to for 4 years and never again would I have to eat school food (about damn time, too).

It just really brings you down. On the plus side, I won a cordless phone in the raffle.

Daikarin
May 23, 2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I felt a bit down too. Those guys were the best, we were a small class so we were all like brothers.

We got distinguished when we decided to stick up funny internet pictures all around the classroom.

We even got distinguished when decorating the classroom for christmas. Who ever would stick a christmas tree up-side down from the ceiling?

We all had our nicknames, we all had our ways of skipping classes or not, and we all had great times.

I miss those teenage days already. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

ForceOfBrokenGlass
May 23, 2005, 01:17 PM
I was happy at graduation. I hated my high school and everything about it. I was so happy I never had to go to that place again, forget the high school reunion. I'm going to be long gone.

Fyrin
May 23, 2005, 02:03 PM
I am so glad I'm done with high school. The high school I went to was horrible.

digigram
May 23, 2005, 05:57 PM
congraduation ness.

Deathscythealpha
May 23, 2005, 07:42 PM
I think this is a bit of a chin up thing.

Its sad that you will never see a lot of those people again, and it will keep happening. If you go to College you will have to quickly part with more comrades, and then the same thing with University. Just from going from first to second year Univeristy Ive lost contact with a lot of people from my Dorms, most of them going to different housing and even some leaving altogether. When of my best friends of last year quit University when the stress got to her and I miss her a lot as a friend, but sadly it happens.

So chin up Ness, congrats on the Graduation and just look towards the future http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
May 23, 2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks for your kind words, guys. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rageous
May 24, 2005, 01:48 AM
yea it never hits you till later on. i remember having so much fun at grad night(our all night graduation party at school) and the party i attended before that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif. but then you wake up the next day and you're like "im probably never going to see like 60% of those people ever again...". sure theres reunions, but it wont be the same. now, i live in a small town so i see most of these people every day, but theres a bunch of them that went away for school and stuff that i miss...but thats why we have Myspace!

pixelate
May 24, 2005, 04:58 PM
Stop by the local junior colleges. You'll see most of your high school there.

Allos
May 24, 2005, 08:16 PM
On 2005-05-23 09:21, Ness wrote:

All the crushes I had on girls during high school don't amtter anymore because I will never see them again;

I realized the same would happen to me, which is why for the past year I've been letting those feelings out. I've been shot down twice (hard to believe I know) but I've got no regrets.

Ness
May 25, 2005, 10:28 AM
On 2005-05-24 18:16, Allos wrote:

On 2005-05-23 09:21, Ness wrote:

All the crushes I had on girls during high school don't amtter anymore because I will never see them again;

I realized the same would happen to me, which is why for the past year I've been letting those feelings out. I've been shot down twice (hard to believe I know) but I've got no regrets.

They shot you down? What were they thinking?

Anyway, I thought about doing that, but then I realized that msot of my "crushes" were just amplified sexual feelings.

Evil_Althena8
May 26, 2005, 11:56 PM
All I can say is: Enjoy it while it lasts. High school days and the summer after graduation were the best days of my life. I was happy and slightly sad at graduation...because the last day of school I balled like a sissy when I got home from school. It really does take a while to hit you.

I keep in touch with people who graduated on Myspace. It's a nice place if your feeling nostalgic.

oh, and congrats http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
May 27, 2005, 02:37 AM
I remember graduation... After the last graduation practice, a bunch of us walked down to McDonald's (the only fast food in the immediate area) and spent the next four hours yakking. Possibly the best time I ever had with those guys.

You know what, though?

You'll lose touch with most of that community, sure; but those that are really important to you, you'll keep in touch with. My two best friends joined the Army and the Marines. I still call both of them several times a week. A couple of others I still see around town here and there, and then there's another buddy that I still actively hang around with.

So don't despair. You'll keep the friends that matter, because they matter.

As for the women, well... You head on to college, and well, you may not realize the difference immediately, but before too long, it will come to your attention that the women in your peer group have become much more physically mature, and otherwise attractive.

So carry on, my friend. High School was just life's appetizer. You've still got the meat and potatoes coming.

Ness
May 27, 2005, 10:31 AM
I know college is going to be great for getting girls, and a lot of my firends are going to the same college I am. However, the college I'm going to (UT Austin) is bigger than the city I live in so seeing them will probably be a rare occasion.

Fossil
May 29, 2005, 04:01 PM
Lol, I didn't even attend my graduation last year. I went on vacation instead and never bothered to go to see anyone school related again. Besides my friends of course ;o

I was the dead opposite of "down". http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Solstis
May 29, 2005, 04:05 PM
On 2005-05-27 08:31, Ness wrote:
I know college is going to be great for getting girls, and a lot of my firends are going to the same college I am. However, the college I'm going to (UT Austin) is bigger than the city I live in so seeing them will probably be a rare occasion.

You'd be surprised.

School friends tend to cling together a bit, especially in the beginning of the year.

opaopajr
May 30, 2005, 06:11 AM
damn, it's been ages since my high school graduation. brings back memories.

it's true, you'll come across many of those high school friends/acquaintences later in life. seems like a really big world out there, but you'll be surprised how the same cast of characters tend to follow one network than another. many will never be really that far gone -- it's enough to make one believe in karma, i tell ya!

congrats on graduating. now go get piss faced, party 'til dawn, and wake up with a new 'best friend' by your bedside.

Ness
May 30, 2005, 09:09 AM
I'll definitely be doing the aprty part, but not the drinking. And my new "best freind" would probably declare rape.

opaopajr
May 31, 2005, 07:08 AM
i just that positive outlook! keep it, it will serve you well in college and work life! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
May 31, 2005, 08:32 PM
On 2005-05-30 04:11, opaopajr wrote:
it's true, you'll come across many of those high school friends/acquaintences later in life. seems like a really big world out there, but you'll be surprised how the same cast of characters tend to follow one network than another. many will never be really that far gone -- it's enough to make one believe in karma, i tell ya!

I think it's more that people with a similar background microculturally tend to end up with a lot of the same ideas later in life, concerning what parts of what cities they want to live and work in. Then, since they're living in the same part of the city as you, they shop at the same supermarket, and behold, you randomly run into an old friend, five years down the line.

I suspect these coincidences reduce in frequency as you get older, however.

Ness
May 31, 2005, 08:58 PM
On 2005-05-31 18:32, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

I think it's more that people with a similar background microculturally tend to end up with a lot of the same ideas later in life, concerning what parts of what cities they want to live and work in. Then, since they're living in the same part of the city as you, they shop at the same supermarket, and behold, you randomly run into an old friend, five years down the line.

Personally, I kind of wanted to leave Texas, but I don't know if I still will since I'm going to college here.

CupOfCoffee
May 31, 2005, 09:27 PM
Heh, I guess I'm sort of lucky that I hate a great many of the people in my class. I won't lose any sleep over not seeing all the fake girls, dumbass guys, and lazy teachers that I'm currently going to high school with ever again. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Plus, my true friends and I are pretty close, so I don't worry about drifting away from them. Most of the time it's only the people who don't really matter in the grand scheme of things that you actually lose.

Solstis
May 31, 2005, 10:11 PM
On 2005-05-31 18:32, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

That's a great way of framing it, Meira.