PDA

View Full Version : Much needed Blue Burst updates!

Tancient
May 24, 2005, 02:55 AM
Wheee....this patch is awesome. Word Wrap? Why on the JP version? Hmm.....

Scroll mouse? Yay! You can zoom in and out for pictures now!

Playing in windowed mode? Don't want to hear it when its not the active window? You have that feature now!

And mail, since its server-side, you can get mail while you're offline. Yes. And now you can hold up to 50 mail messages! WOOO! They also have date/time stamps on them (JP date/time of course)

Of course, then you get TTF, etc. But you already knew about those. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

BB just got better.

watashiwa
May 24, 2005, 10:04 AM
Those are nice updates.

Would shut up that one person who bitched about BB not having the ability for framing snap shots. (I can't believe someone actually complained about that..)

It'll be nice when they add Word Wrap to the English version as well.

digigram
May 24, 2005, 10:07 AM
not only can I not believe someone complained about that, I think it's unbelievable ST would do something about that instead of what is/was important for the past 4 years.

Getintothegame
May 24, 2005, 11:26 AM
Awesome, the end of 3+ line bubbles!

I think that they release the updates at the same time, since the version numbers are the same... correct?

Tancient
May 24, 2005, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure, today will be the day to find out. I think so, simply because I see no point in word wrap on the Japanese version. lol

Getintothegame
May 24, 2005, 04:39 PM
Well, we'll know if we have to download another data.gsl and online.exe...

PJ
May 24, 2005, 04:48 PM
On 2005-05-24 08:04, watashiwa wrote:
Would shut up that one person who bitched about BB not having the ability for framing snap shots. (I can't believe someone actually complained about that..)

Sorry, but some of us LIKE to take snapshots that don't look like ass. I think it's been proven with the popularity of the Character Gallery/Blue Burst snapshot thread that we do indeed like to take snapshots :/

trypticon
May 24, 2005, 05:17 PM
On 2005-05-24 14:48, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

Sorry, but some of us LIKE to take snapshots that don't look like ass.

You don't take pictures of Hunewearl ass?

Or

You have to admit, some asses are just so nice...

Kory
May 24, 2005, 07:06 PM
*cough* http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif

Moving on! I think that word wrap sounds like a nice touch. Server-side mail very cool for many reasons. Step two: let me access it through a standard mail client. Please?

Changes to Window Mode are all very well and good, but do you know if they'll ever fix it so that it doesn't crash whenever I ALT+TAB out of full-screen? I had my fill of that in FFXI, thanks.

Nai_Calus
May 24, 2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah, as cute and nice as it is to add part of the functionality of snaps on GC to BB, there are much more important things in BB that need fixing first, even I agree with that. XP

Alt+tab in fullscreen(Why is that still there? It was there so you couldn't alt+tab to a cheating program, but yet we have window mode now. The fuck, ST?), BGM/SFX volume controls(The BB soundeffects are way too loud, I turn the BGM off and listen to winamp, and unless it's a REALLY loud song, the soundeffects overwhelm it completely. Yes, winamp's volume is all the way up, yes, the appropriate advanced volume settings in windows are all the way up, still too loud)... Just a couple of examples. XP

A-P
May 24, 2005, 11:05 PM
On 2005-05-24 20:49, Ian-KunX wrote:

Alt+tab in fullscreen(Why is that still there? It was there so you couldn't alt+tab to a cheating program, but yet we have window mode now. The fuck, ST?), BGM/SFX volume controls(The BB soundeffects are way too loud, I turn the BGM off and listen to winamp, and unless it's a REALLY loud song, the soundeffects overwhelm it completely. Yes, winamp's volume is all the way up, yes, the appropriate advanced volume settings in windows are all the way up, still too loud)... Just a couple of examples. XP

I do the same thing and I know what you mean. I use iTunes ( For iPod support mostly ) and I have the +100% sound booster on. Unless its louder music ( which I am lucky to say that it usualy is ) the sound effects drown it out. What I like about FFXI is that there is a SE volume bar and BGM volume bar in the game. Very helpful, and something ST shpuld really look into. At least, I think so.

But yeah, Alt+ tab is something I think people whine a bit too much about. So you can't switch to another program, big deal. If you ask me, the fact that it decreases the amount of cheating ( even by a little ) is worth the sacrifice. Though, we have a window mode... Which defeats the purpose in a sense. So there is a somewhat good reason to be angry. ( ST, what were you thinking? Or rather, what were you smoking? )

Then again, who cares what I think.

Arnot
May 25, 2005, 02:09 AM
Even with the Alt-Tab guard you could still run a cheat program in Full Screen Mode. All you have to do is (depending on program) open the program before starting game or writing the programs code so it opens up with BB. I'm just surprised that people haven't tried this yet.

But you guys are right by ST implimenting(sp?) a Window-Mode they totally reignite any regular hacker's dream of cheating in BB.

The zoom feature is a great idea, now they just need to make it where you can make the camera rotate 360 degrees around your character and the snapshot part of BB will be complete.

Nai_Calus
May 25, 2005, 02:46 AM
Rotating, yes... And then a new feature. Locking the freaking angle instead of having to take a snap sixteen times because the camera does not like to stay still. XP

trypticon
May 25, 2005, 09:50 AM
On 2005-05-25 00:46, Ian-KunX wrote:
Rotating, yes... And then a new feature. Locking the freaking angle instead of having to take a snap sixteen times because the camera does not like to stay still. XP

That would have been nice on Gamecube also.