PDA

View Full Version : argh! seriously, ARGH!!!

Wyndham
May 26, 2005, 03:13 AM
okay, here's the deal.
mom wants to convince the superintedant to let me take the GED test early.
here is the problem.
SHE DIDN'T TEACH ME FUCKING CRAP!!!
I'm way behind in science, history, geography, and social studies. and I haven't even STARTED chemistry.
stupid bastard can't teach worth crap, yet she DEMANDS i be homeschooled.
so i have 2 months left to either teach myself all those subjects, get and keep a job, or i can go into public school and be reminded why all my guy friends turn on me, and dont get me started on my female friends.
uless you want a lengthy, subrant to go along with this.
I hate the situation im in, and in public school, id die. gym? come on, id ask for a doctor's excuse to skip it.
in a locker room with a bunch of sweaty jocks? ugh, please get me a barfbag.
i don't know how people put up with such indignity.
the only good part is i know one person who goes to the same public school i'd go too.
oh yeah, forgot to mention, im afraid of heigts, this place has 5 floors!! X_X
im gonna die no matter what i do!!
life sucks.

Sagasu
May 26, 2005, 03:59 AM
Why didnt you teach yourself what you needed to know?

Wyndham
May 26, 2005, 04:07 AM
On 2005-05-26 01:59, Sagasu wrote:

big lack of rescources.
a really big one. -_-

Sagasu
May 26, 2005, 04:12 AM
If you have regular access to the internet then you really have all the resources you need,

at least for studying purposes anyways. ^_^

Daikarin
May 26, 2005, 04:24 AM
On 2005-05-26 02:07, Oran1324 wrote:

On 2005-05-26 01:59, Sagasu wrote:

big lack of rescources.
a really big one. -_-

Geez, man. Ask the teacher for books related to it, google it. If you plan on going to college, I'd advise that you start getting used to this type of stuff, and acting fast.

They always evaluate you on everything you need to know, even if they didn't teach it for you.

Wyndham
May 26, 2005, 10:16 PM
I only recently got a predictable time to access the computer, and i needed a textbook i could actually hold in my hands.
google isn't the answer for everything.

ABDUR101
May 26, 2005, 10:22 PM
What to you is a "good job"?

As for taking the GED early, refuse. If you know you're not ready, state it and all out refuse to take it until you feel comfortable doing so.

If your mom won't "accept" that, then your mom either has much too high expectations of you, thinks herself a grand teacher, or is an all around dumbass with no consideration for your current dilemma.

Honestly, don't take it if you don't feel you know what you need to. There's no shame in admitting you're not at that point yet, just as there isn't any shame in giving it a try if you want, even if you bomb it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 27, 2005, 04:07 AM
On 2005-05-26 01:13, Oran1324 wrote:
okay, here's the deal.
mom wants to convince the superintedant to let me take the GED test early.
here is the problem.
SHE DIDN'T TEACH ME FUCKING CRAP!!!
I'm way behind in science, history, geography, and social studies. and I haven't even STARTED chemistry.
stupid bastard can't teach worth crap, yet she DEMANDS i be homeschooled.

Don't blame your mom.
I used to always blame my mom, but she has been there to help me through many, many troubles in my life. Even if you don't feel like respecting her, you have to. Looking back on how bad I acted in the past, my mom always put up with me and my issues. Without her help, I would not be here.

I'm not telling you how to think, just you might regret it later, if you realize her importance to you and your life.

so i have 2 months left to either teach myself all those subjects, get and keep a job, or i can go into public school and be reminded why all my guy friends turn on me, and dont get me started on my female friends.
uless you want a lengthy, subrant to go along with this.

Weigh your options.

Study. Study. Study.
Do your best on the GED test. If you don't pass, you always have opportunities to retake it, and who is to say not having a High School GED(Graduation equivalent degree, right?) will mean you will be a failure in life?

A crap job is still a job. Crap jobs, McDonalds/janitor, whatever. Money is money. Entry level jobs are your only hope. "Paying under the tables" jobs are nice and all, but there's always that "not quite right" type of mentality hanging over your head like a raincloud.

When you get a job you will have more self worth, your parents should respect you more, and appreciate your responsiblity and/or the money you're making(if that is the case in your situation).

I hate the situation im in, and in public school, id die. gym? come on, id ask for a doctor's excuse to skip it.
in a locker room with a bunch of sweaty jocks? ugh, please get me a barfbag.
i don't know how people put up with such indignity.
the only good part is i know one person who goes to the same public school i'd go too.
oh yeah, forgot to mention, im afraid of heigts, this place has 5 floors!! X_X

Yes. High School sucks. Want me to elaborate? You're not the only one being put through the wringer while you're there.

I've said it a 100 times, but it is true. High school = popularity contest.

I was teased like hell in gym class, a kid(and somewhat of a friend) next to my locker for years turned into a University college scholarship athelete.

I've had good grades in some classes, I've failed classes. I got letters from West Point(the major military training college in the country) and have been to a community college open house-where the fee was once $11 a unit(classes are broken up into units for costs, etc.).

I had a big group of friends, then later walked around by myself not talking to anyone- whilst people laughed at me(my own brother even) and people have thrown countless sodas at me(with no provoking involved on my part).

im gonna die no matter what i do!!
life sucks.

Don't talk like that, even in a non serious tone.
I've been on the edge/suicide many many times.
When you're suicidal, you might be thinking of doing it to "get back at someone." Guess what? When you're dead, you're dead. No one knows what happens when you die, sure, but doing it to intentionally hurt someone else, and thinking you'll be able to see the results, is false.

This may not be much to you, but I will have the biggest guilt trip in the world if you hurt yourself, man. I(or anyone else here on this videogame forum, read that back if you didn't catch all of it. Video game internet forum.) can give you GREAT GRADE 'A' ADVICE, but if you don't use it, and/or find a way to deal and solve things on your own, there's no use.

One problem at a time. Seek help if you need it. Family > friends(opinion through my experiences). you can do it.

Skorpius
May 27, 2005, 01:22 PM
You don't need a text book for a GED. ;
There are practice tests and GED resources available on the internet.

All you need to know for a GED is:
English Skills.
Writing Skills.
Social Studies.
Science.
Mathematics.

Wyndham
May 27, 2005, 04:08 PM
On 2005-05-27 11:22, Skorpius wrote:
You don't need a text book for a GED. ;
There are practice tests and GED resources available on the internet.

All you need to know for a GED is:
English Skills.
Writing Skills.
Social Studies.
Science.
Mathematics.

and I need at least 350 in each area to pass, and im scientifically illiterate, and my only history experience is very limited.
sorry, but i cant learn all of chemistry and world history in time.
I'm screwed.

Skorpius
May 27, 2005, 05:54 PM
THe point of the GED is not what you know, but basic skills in test taking. If you know how to decipher answers from the multiple choice, and how to organize ideas, you should do fine. I'm currently studying GED testing, and I find it pretty simple, mostly because I've used test taking skills all throughout high school, and scored high the majority of the time.

Stressing over it is one thing you should NOT do.

Basically, when you take a question, look at the answers FIRST to see what you need to look out for. When you look back at the question, you can sort out the obviously incorrect answers , making your choiced limited and more focused. You can then compare each choice with the question to see which one is more logically correct.

Nighthound
May 27, 2005, 07:00 PM
Seriously, I had one hell of a time in elementry school and Middle school, I was picked on and everything, and I learned from it and grew out of it.

Life is going to be worse then school after high school. If you dont learn to go to school and cope with people, in the real world you will fail.
This is why I seriously disagree with home schooling.

The real world jobs are much more vicious and heinous then school mates. If you fail school you can go to summer school or do it over.

There are no do overs in the real world. People in real jobs will sabtoge you and will seek to get rid of you if they think you are a threat or just dont like you.

You need to go to school and and learn people skills. You need them for life.

Please go back to school and do it from there, and learn people skills.

(And leave the jocks alone, we need some one to graduate from highschool because of their brawn, then build our buildings and do minial labor http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
2% of jocks actually go anywhere with sports, so by being a jock, they have a 98% chance of failing at life and doing minal labor and having a crappy life.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nighthound on 2005-05-27 17:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nighthound on 2005-05-27 17:02 ]</font>

Jive18
May 27, 2005, 09:29 PM
On 2005-05-27 17:00, Nighthound wrote:
(And leave the jocks alone, we need some one to graduate from highschool because of their brawn, then build our buildings and do minial labor http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
2% of jocks actually go anywhere with sports, so by being a jock, they have a 98% chance of failing at life and doing minal labor and having a crappy life.)

So true...

Well Oran, I think everyone who has posted has given really good advice about the GED. From how Skorp detailed it, it sounds like the ACT, where the test really isn't about subjects in general but is rather looking at how you take tests and how you think as a human being. I'd still be worried about the GED of course, but either just work at it as hard as possible for what time you have, or let your mom know you honestly aren't prepared for the test in any way, shape, or form.

If you do end up having to attend public school, just ignore all of the morons in the halls. There are an awful lot of them, but if they don't have the dignity to show you respect, then they don't deserve respect themselves.

Good luck Oran!