PDA

View Full Version : Force having trouble with dark falz on hard

Neogame
Aug 1, 2002, 05:19 PM
I am a level 45 force(FOnewearl) who is having trouble with the thrid form of dark falz on hard. I have 1000tp but only 240hp and his grants attack keeps killing me out right. I can't figure out if my magic attacks are having any effect as no damage total appears.Even with 12 scape dolls i don't stand a chance!! Do I have to wait till I'm Level 60? Can any one help me???

Kent
Aug 1, 2002, 05:31 PM
Get light-resisting units and put them in your frame (hopefully, you've found something with a few slots) and you probably should gain a few more levels, too.

Defend
Aug 1, 2002, 05:48 PM
Yep. And simply find the armour and sheild.. er.. frame and.. barrier I mean, with the most ELT. IGNORE DFP, it doesn't apply to Falz, or Vol Opt.. barely De Rol either.

Yep, go in with 0 DFP and you're fine, but boost that ELT. I dunno if you can take the slash or not at that level, there's no way to prepare for that anyway.. its pure HP.

Um fire in his final form.. like gifoie before he comes down, foie when he's down, that's about all you can do without weaps.

Wewt
Aug 1, 2002, 05:54 PM
Don't bother. You won't be able to survive the swipe, which knocks off 310HP. Since you're lv45, my advice is to go into V hard mode and do Forest. That's if you're able to play online, if not, then just get some more levels.

rbf2000
Aug 1, 2002, 06:08 PM
I would suggest not using magic (except for shifta/ jellen or zailure - the dfp down one). Then just bust out a gun and shoot him. Magic really doesn't hurt him at all.

Alielle
Aug 1, 2002, 06:29 PM
My suggestion to you is to take a strong handgun with a good dark % with you, and put Foie on one of your buttons. Either find frames/barriers with high ELT, or buy 4 Resist/Saints and equip them in any 4-slot frame. Pipe up and down and check the item shop each time; they will randomly appear in the shop. You should be able to survive Grants this way.

While fighting the final form, cast Shifta and shoot away (I assume you know that it only takes physical damage when it isn't flashing). While it's flashing, use Foie. Foie can hit Falz even when it's flashing (but not when it's up in the air), so use it liberally. Just be careful; its swipe attack is deadly. Move around a lot so you won't be directly in front of it.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

TeamPhalanx
Aug 1, 2002, 06:38 PM
Magic does damage it, but as the others have said, I wouldn't recommend attack him with magic. I'd say go with a mechgun type weapon for close attacks and magic (grants/zonde) when it's out of range.

Even if you don't have the necessary hp, a dozen scape dolls should be enough as long as you do enough damage with physical attacks.

Crescent_Dragon
Aug 1, 2002, 06:51 PM
Actually, forget you even have magic. (Other than Shifta and Deband, which you should be affected by AT ALL TIMES)

Take a good gun (handgun, preferrably. mechguns are inaccurate) with a HP or MP draining special attack. You can hit Falz from almost anywhere in the ring and damage him even when he's flashing and immune to all other attacks.
(oh, and watch out for his soul-stealing attack. if you hear a heartbeat, hold your fire until it stops)

ChokingVictim
Aug 1, 2002, 07:05 PM
you need to be able to survive the swipe, it's a pain to carry that many dolls so early. I thnk foie is most reliable. You can also gibarta form 2 unless you have a quick enough rabarta to use. Just resta...... a lot, and never be low on health for form 3, you lose life....heal

Kupi
Aug 1, 2002, 08:31 PM
Right. As an example for the Grants attack, remember how spells are computed. If I'm not mistaken (and it's likely that I am, because I always manage to blow some important piece of info somewhere), spells go like this: there's a base damage of the spell's level, plus some damage from the MST of the user, cut by a percentage which is the victim's resistence to that element. In short, the Grants will always do the same amount of damage, based on your resistence. Since DFP is a nonissue (except maybe for Darvants?), I recommend the Dragon Frame. It's got an ELT of 20 at level 43, which is the best you're going to get as a Force. (Hunters, as always, have better options.) So, if you got a four-slot Dragon Frame (yes, that's hoping for a lot) and filled it with Resist/Saint units (which you can buy at a certain level), you'd get your ELT up to 48. Since the Grants attack does something like 350-400 damage, you could cut that damage to 175! What's the point? Uh... increased ELT's very good for you. ^_^()

TeamPhalanx
Aug 1, 2002, 09:28 PM
The heck with strategy; you could always go into the battle with 25 scape dolls.

Defend
Aug 1, 2002, 10:10 PM
Four God HPs handy? The HP steal spec on a weap... I dunno how handy this is gonna be on a FOnewearl..

BaronLaw
Aug 1, 2002, 10:17 PM
1. Set a Telepipe by the Boss Portal before you enter the lair.

2. Equip as many Light-Resistance Units as possible, preferably Resist-Saint.

3. Carry as many scape dolls as you can and drop them on the grass before activating Dark Falz.

4. When Falz enters its third form, pick up the scapes.

5. Equip a gun with a high dark percentage. If it happens to have a HP-draining special attack, that's even better.

6. Use the gun at the third form of Falz.

7. When Falz is shimmering, either use the HP-draining special attack (if you have a gun with it) or Foie.

8. When Falz moves up into the air, use Gifoie.

9. Always have Shifta and Deband in effect. Don't hesistate to use Resta.

10. If you have a Mag that sometimes casts invincibility, use it when facing Falz.

11. If Falz's physical attacks kill you and you run out of scape dolls, then consider gaining a few more levels before facing Falz again.

BaronLaw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-08-01 20:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-08-01 20:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-08-01 20:22 ]</font>

ChokingVictim
Aug 2, 2002, 12:29 AM
forces don't tend to have access to the best guns though on hard really. offensively you can't beat the reliability and of foie

Gazebo
Aug 2, 2002, 02:39 AM
get a good cane and beat the crap out of Falz when it isn't flashing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

or do what i did and grantz it to death....

HC82
Aug 2, 2002, 02:19 PM
Dfp = worthless

Get a 4 sloter with the best light and ice resist and put on 4 General/Hps(or better).

You'll have enough hp to survive his armslash and his grants just by using nothing but HP slots. If you can't survive with atleast +80 HP units then you need to gain a few more levels.

His first form is weak to zonde or foie. 2nd form is weak it ice, so use gibarta. The last form takes damage from any damage spell but ice, although foie is the most damaging.

Use a gun with the best dark % you have. Nuke em with foie when hes flashing and attack with your gun when falz isn't. Carry some mates for instant healing.

Make sure to zalure falzs last form so your hits are most effective.