PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Quest mess-up...

terranigmaX
May 27, 2005, 12:30 AM
I recently started doing these quests to get my booma claw with my "Booma's Right Arm"~ (if it matters, im playing PSOBB)

Battle Training (x)
Claiming a Stake (x)
Magnitude of Metal (x)
Secret Delivery (x)
Doc's Secret Plan ( ) ***
Dr. Osto's Research ( ) ***

i put a X in the ones i have done already, and labeled the ones *** that im confused about. When I goto the hunters guild to try and start Doc's Secret Plan, it doesnt list it, but it does list Dr. Osto's Researcc quest, so i started that quest instead. I also read "take said part to Dr. Montague in the Dr. Osto's Research quest" but i talked to everyone, before and after(and by after i mean the period after i finished the quest and not talk to the woman in the hunters guild) and i didnt see him, so i read the guide again, and it said to do it in order. NOW heres the part that confuses me, it tells me to unlock the ruins (done) and finish all previous quests (done) in order to do this quest.... and it doesnt show, so im not sure what to do here... help plz!

by the way, heres the link i was using~ http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=327

o, and sorry if this is not where this topic belongs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: terranigmaX on 2005-05-26 22:33 ]</font>

Fossil
May 27, 2005, 01:37 AM
Looks like they changed BB around slightly from the GC days. ;o

zimmk2vgc
May 27, 2005, 02:04 AM
PLay central dome fire swirl, thats what unlocked it for me.

That is a very fun quest.

Rageous
May 27, 2005, 02:22 AM
i had to beat fake in yellow

Tycho
May 27, 2005, 02:38 AM
No, it isn't Fake in Yellow or Central Dome Fire Swirl, that's bull.
In BB you need to beat up to Government quest 4 - 1, not just up to 3 - 3.

Rageous
May 27, 2005, 02:50 AM
im dead serious.
1.i had all of ep 1 complete.
2.all the prerequisite quests beaten.
3.and DSP wasnt there.

guy in my team said same thing happened to him and he did fake in yellow and it fixed it. i did talk to elenor in fiy after i beat it too...maybe thats it.

but then again dark rooms aren't dark for me so...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rageous on 2005-05-27 00:51 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 27, 2005, 04:00 AM
On 2005-05-27 00:38, Tycho wrote:

If you read, you'd know he was past that.

And it IS Fake In Yellow, or more specifically, talking to Elenor in FIY, that's the missing link in opening Doc's Secret Plan. I was in VHard by the time I bothered going back to Normal to get enemy parts conversion done, LONG since done with Normal 4-1. Same problem. Did FiY. Wham, there it was.

So... No, it isn't bull, and where the hell are you getting the idea that it is from?

Mixfortune
May 27, 2005, 04:08 AM
I was able to get Doc's Secret Plan in Normal mode without talking to Elenor in FiY... so there's probably a different way as well. But if talking to Elenor in FiY also works, then cool.

Neith
May 27, 2005, 11:53 AM
On 2005-05-27 00:38, Tycho wrote:

Tycho, I'd done all the government quests, and DSP disn't unlock. After doing Fake in Yellow, it did. Could have been a glitch, but I'm not sure.