PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Soul Eater

zimmk2vgc
May 27, 2005, 07:18 AM
This is causing me agro.

I have followed the guide on the website on how to get this, and when I get to waterfall tears, Black Hound isn't there! I definitely didnt tell Sue my name, I have done all the quests. Now what?

Wyndham
May 27, 2005, 07:53 AM
On 2005-05-27 05:18, zimmk2vgc wrote:
This is causing me agro.

I have followed the guide on the website on how to get this, and when I get to waterfall tears, Black Hound isn't there! I definitely didnt tell Sue my name, I have done all the quests. Now what?

seems i missed it.
*chops own head off*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oran1324 on 2005-05-27 06:14 ]</font>

Saffran
May 27, 2005, 07:57 AM
rm, no. As long as you didn't activate any Sue flag, you can do the Kireek quest as late as you want. Just check them again in order.

Mixfortune
May 27, 2005, 08:11 AM
One of the guides misses the step where you have to talk to Sue in Unsealed Door.
Don't worry, it's still doable even if you've beaten all the quests, just go back to the step you missed and carry on from there.

zimmk2vgc
May 27, 2005, 08:58 AM
Sue in unsealed door? The one who says about the newmans life not being exact? I swear I did talk to her. I usually talk whoever I can find...I hate unsealed door...

Mixfortune
May 27, 2005, 10:30 AM
Hmmm...
Think you can link to the guide you used, so we can see what may have happened?

zimmk2vgc
May 27, 2005, 01:56 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1236

Ryokotsu
May 29, 2005, 08:09 PM
Well, i followed the same guide and got the soul eater. Did you tell her your name the *first* time you did the qcarrys over uest? If you did, then it carrys over, and you hhave to start on a new difficulty.

Mixfortune
May 29, 2005, 08:14 PM
On 2005-05-27 11:56, zimmk2vgc wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1236

Yeah that one doesn't mention talking to Sue in Unsealed Door.
I missed it at first also, but going back and doing that part seemed to fix it.

If you did talk to her before in Unsealed Door, did you fail or quit the quest that particular time at all? If you did, it didn't save that. You have to talk to her and complete the quest.

zimmk2vgc
May 30, 2005, 08:11 AM
But I talk to her in unsealed door and she says something about newmans having a limited lifespan or seomthing. Can't remember it exactly.

I definitely didnt tell her my name.

Perhaps I'll have to do all the quests in order and talk to everything I can find...

Waylander11
May 30, 2005, 10:42 AM
did u talk to bernie in unsealed door after talking to sue i think you must answer yes to his question

Feelmirath
May 30, 2005, 10:45 AM
did u talk to bernie in unsealed door after talking to sue i think you must answer yes to his question

I just got the soul eater last week, and I don't remember talking to Bernie in unsealed door. I'll just go double-check

Hey, they missed out a step on one of the guides. Gd job I found another one
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=881

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2005-05-30 08:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2005-05-30 08:52 ]</font>

SheWren
May 31, 2005, 09:44 AM
Complementary question: I activated the Ragol Ring subplot, telling Sue my name. I'm sure about it 'cause I did Soul of Steel and Sue appeared (that happens only in the Ragol Ring subplot). I talked to Bernie in Unsealed Door and he told me about the Black Hound, so I assume my answer was right (I'm on PSOBB Jp).
My problem is: Sue doesn't appear at all in Waterfall Tears. On the cube, if failed in Unsealed Door, Sue appears and tells the same old phrase about the newman's life, if I remember correctly. Here she makes NO appearance...I played again Unsealed Door but nothing changed...

PSO_Komodo
May 31, 2005, 10:40 AM
Ok to clear some things up, the guide doesnt say to speak to Sue, which is something you need to do.

zimmk2vgc the person you spoke to wasnt Sue, well it might have been but you dont need to have that conversation. In Unsealed Door Sue will be in the mines waiting to talk to you.

SheWren
May 31, 2005, 01:03 PM
I talked to Sue and she disappeared in Mine...then I talked to Bernie.
But in Waterfall Tears she doesn't show. I did the plot on GC many times...I know how it works. I fear there is something different in BB...

Skorpius
May 31, 2005, 01:16 PM
There isn't. I followed the guide.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=881

Bernie Subplot/If you did not tell Sue your name:

Unsealed Door:
After refusing to tell Sue your name in Dr. Osto's Research, you will meet Sue in this quest. Find her, talk to her and listen to all that she says. Beat this quest.

Waterfall Tears:
After you fight Anna, you will meet Kireek in this quest. Talk to him, he will then try to kill you, kill him. Beat this quest.

Black Paper:
Upon defeating Kireek in Waterfall Tears, you will once again find him in this quest waiting in Cave 1 for another attempt to kill you. Kill him and beat this quest.

From the Depths:
Pplay the quest with Ash. Once you leave quest, head back to Ruins 2 and head all the way to the west. You will see Kireek there, check your map for his arrow. You will fight him. Kill him again and beat the quest. If you win the battle, you will get his weapon: the Soul Eater.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-05-31 11:16 ]</font>

SheWren
May 31, 2005, 01:40 PM
That's to get the Eater, I'm doing the Ragol Ring subplot. It IS activated or I wouldn't have seen Elenor's mag in Soul of Steel...
But Sue doesn't appear at all...at least on the GC she appears and talk about the newmans life.
That's a bit strange...

zimmk2vgc
Jun 1, 2005, 02:20 AM
Got the soul eater at long last. Was all ok once I had spoken to sue. Thanks a lot!

SheWren
Jun 2, 2005, 11:51 AM
Tried again and Sue didn't appear...

zimmk2vgc
Jun 2, 2005, 05:19 PM
Ok my ultimate guide to getting the soul eater.

1. Dr. Osto's Research - Don't tell Sue your name at the end of the quest.
2.Unsealed door - Find Sue in Mines 2 - talk to her and she will disappear. Finish the quest.
3.Waterfall tears - after defeating Anna - continue onwards towards an arrow on the map. This is Kireek. Defeat him. Return to pioneer 2 and finish the quest.
4.Black Paper - In caves one find Kireek and defeat him. Finish the quest.
5.From the depths - after Ash leaves you, return to Pioneer two and go back to Ruins two. There should be two arrows. Kireek and Ash. Make sure you have one space in your inventory otherwise when ou defeat Kireek you won't get the soul eater. Defeat Kireek, get the soul eater and finish quest.

There. No errors and simple as pi to 0 decimal places.

Rezident0taku
Jun 3, 2005, 04:10 AM
Thank goodness I finished the steps in getting the SOul Eater. I'll probably never do it again.

Im so happy I got my Soul Eater finally.

Oh, and be careful how you do the steps on getting the Soul Eater, you might bypass Montague's Unsealed Door Enemy Parts segment. I had to beat all quests.

zimmk2vgc
Jun 4, 2005, 02:14 PM
On 2005-06-03 02:10, Rezident0taku wrote:
Thank goodness I finished the steps in getting the SOul Eater. I'll probably never do it again.

Im so happy I got my Soul Eater finally.

Oh, and be careful how you do the steps on getting the Soul Eater, you might bypass Montague's Unsealed Door Enemy Parts segment. I had to beat all quests.

montagues enemy parts have no effect in this quest. And it is possible to get the soul eater without completeing all the quests. AT least I ddnt talk to him.

SheWren
Jun 7, 2005, 10:32 AM
Noone tried the Ragol Ring plot?

zimmk2vgc
Jun 7, 2005, 11:38 AM
I did once, but i've forgotten it. It wasn't THAT exciting, other than Kireek following you in the tower in SOTH.

I didn't know about an alternative ending to soul of steel though..how interesting...

SheWren
Jun 10, 2005, 11:05 AM
In the alternative ending, part of the Mother mystery is revieled together with an explanation of the project Mag...SoS and SotH under the Ragol Ring subplot are the quest with the deepest plot of the game. In SoS you even see the legendary Elenor's Mag...