PDA

View Full Version : You gotta be joking me...

Saiffy
May 28, 2005, 09:47 PM
Okay, before we go into this, you have to understand why I can't get a jorb yet. Basically, I need a social insurance number(SIN) first, to get that I need my dad to get a copy of m birth certificate. Blah, blah, blah.

Now, here's what I'm ranting about:

As some know, I'm visiting PJ in August, yeah we still gotta work some stuff out, but it's happening still. Today though, my mom, who has been against the idea but allowing it, thought of the grand excuse of "you aren't responsible enough, you don't even have a job yet".

Here's the problem dumbass, I've been bugging your husband for two fucking years to get my birth certificate so I could get my SIN number right when I turned 15. I turned 15 just about 2 months ago and I'm no closer to my dad getting off his ass than I was 2 years ago.

I can't learn responsibility if you won't fucking give me any. He says he's going to get my birth certificate Wednesday. Just like that Monday back in March, or that Tuesday in January.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffwin on 2005-05-28 19:49 ]</font>

Sayara
May 28, 2005, 10:15 PM
This is where you keep reminding them about it, until its done.

this is important! Your job is on the line!

Saiffy
May 28, 2005, 10:23 PM
On 2005-05-28 20:15, Tingle wrote:
This is where you keep reminding them about it, until its done.

this is important! Your job is on the line!

The two year thing unfortunately comes into play with this, yes I admit, two years ago a job should have been the least of my worries, but he could've gotten it done then instead of waiting til the last minute.

Ness
May 29, 2005, 11:00 AM
That sucks nd all, but who or what is PJ?

geewj
May 29, 2005, 11:20 AM
If a 'lazy dad' is your excuse for not being able to get a job yet, then it sounds like she is right, you aren't responsible.

If you really wanted to make it happen then it would have happened by now.

Saiffy
May 29, 2005, 12:37 PM
On 2005-05-29 09:20, Prof_Frink wrote:
If a 'lazy dad' is your excuse for not being able to get a job yet, then it sounds like she is right, you aren't responsible.

If you really wanted to make it happen then it would have happened by now.

I can't get the SIN number to find work until either of my parents gets a copy of my birth certificate(I ask dad because my mom is A) Clueless on what to do for that kind of stuff and B) My dad is downtown everyday anyways), it isn't anything in my power.

navci
May 29, 2005, 01:19 PM
Keep bugging.
Make it a thing you do everyday, several times a day until he breaks!

THAT, is in your power.

geewj
May 29, 2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I understand that you are not allowed to go down and request a copy of your birth certificate.

But asking your dad once a month, or even once a week, and having it not happen is hardly an excuse to write is off as out of your hands.

Ask him every day if you have to. Tell him it's important so you can get a job. If he hasn't done it yet because he's been really busy or something then you can find out what has to be done for it and tell your mom so she won't be clueless about it. Heaven forbid you have to do some research to get it done.

Put forth for more effort to get it done, and take some responsibility for why it isn't done yet.

There are going to be lots of things in life that you can't do yourself, especially when you're out on your own. Being responsible means either making sure it gets done despite the fact that you can't directly do it yourself, or accepting part of the blame when it doesn't get done. Blaming others is easy and all, but it doesn't change anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2005-05-29 11:48 ]</font>