PDA

View Full Version : DS PSU?

Plagarius
May 29, 2005, 10:39 AM
I've been hearing some rumors lately that there is going to be a version of Phantasy Star Universe on the DS,to my knowledge nintendo nor Sega has released any information on this subject.Would someone either disclaim this rumour or prove it correct.Thank You!

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

KodiaX987
May 29, 2005, 11:15 AM
FALSE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2005-05-29 09:15 ]</font>

RoninJoku
May 29, 2005, 11:54 AM
I remember hearing something like that a looong time ago about PSO working on the DS... like back when DS first came out. But it was never actually confirmed. In an interview however Yuji Naka did say he would be interested to see PSO on a portable system... So don't deny the possibilities... I don't think we'll see any direct PSU ports though...

Zelutos
May 29, 2005, 04:43 PM
On 2005-05-29 09:15, KodiaX987 wrote:

FALSE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2005-05-29 09:15 ]</font>

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif I don't think the DS will get a good game like that before the Revolution or Gamecube. Sorry.

Split
May 29, 2005, 07:59 PM
On 2005-05-29 08:39, Plagarius wrote:
I've been hearing some rumors lately that there is going to be a version of Phantasy Star Universe on the DS,to my knowledge nintendo nor Sega has released any information on this subject.Would someone either disclaim this rumour or prove it correct.Thank You!

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Sorry, no. Even if there was, I doubt it would be good, even though DS p0wns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2005-05-29 18:00 ]</font>

tai_EX
May 30, 2005, 12:47 PM
portable system huh?? can anyone say the PSP due to the fact that PSU is coming out for the Playstation 2.. possible? i think so!

Plagarius
May 30, 2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks yall for the help.I guess eigth graders with real big moles on there faces are not very reliable sources.

Sayara
May 30, 2005, 04:14 PM
On 2005-05-30 10:47, tai_EX wrote:
portable system huh?? can anyone say the PSP due to the fact that PSU is coming out for the Playstation 2.. possible? i think so!

Depends if ST wants to go through doing that, remember PSU is On and Off it appears.

Does PSU have a effective way of doing internet servers like PS2 or a home console? (With like servers...etc)

Plagarius
May 30, 2005, 05:58 PM
On 2005-05-30 14:14, Tingle wrote:

On 2005-05-30 10:47, tai_EX wrote:

Depends if ST wants to go through doing that, remember PSU is On and Off it appears.

Does PSU have a effective way of doing internet servers like PS2 or a home console? (With like servers...etc)

I heard that DS is going to have a new Bluetooth connection(or something along the lines)

Outrider
May 31, 2005, 01:23 AM
To be fair, Yuji Naka has stated he would like to do an online RPG on the DS at some point, but I'm not sure that's what he was talking about.

Asura_UK
May 31, 2005, 11:23 PM
The official word is that Phantasy Star Universe uses the full power of the PS2, and wouldn't quite be possible on PSP. However, he did say that PSO could be done on the PSP. This came from some magazine interview.

DS isn't powerful enough for either game, so it ain't happening. It's actually a year old Internet rumor that PSO would heading to the DS. But now we know it won't be.

Arislan
Jun 1, 2005, 08:42 AM
"Not powerful enough"

IE, it can't run it in it's full PS2 hardware glory. That's not to say a form of it can't appear on the system. Hell, if GTA3 can pop up on GBA and not be GTA1 again, if Sega wants to make PSO for the DS, they can. It wouldn't be *too* hard to do either, look at MP:H, the graphics are amazing there, Id say more so than PSO personally. Graphical power is not the problem.