PDA

View Full Version : Can I lower my character' stats?

edwinian
May 29, 2005, 01:24 PM
OK, here's a funny question, I'm a legit player -- so far-- but I've come across a problem with one of my five characters. She's a Level 113 HuNewEarl and I've given her her limit of mats without realising that MST, POW, DFP etc. are all lumped in together under one limit. So now I can't give her any more power mats or max out her stats later in the game.

Pisses me off a bit that Sega didn't make that clear to me in a game in which I've invested so much time. OK, so I'm prepared to cheat, sort of. especially as it only affects one of my characters. I want to take away the mats she was given, effectively making her weaker so I can give them to her again when I find some without making a whole new character.

I think it's OK to ask that here as I'm not doing anything that harms other players. Can it be done? Is it OK to ask if someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks anyway.

TheOneHero
May 29, 2005, 02:04 PM
There IS a way to reset materials, though it is risky. A few people (some that post here) have been corrupted because it didn't work how it should. Skorpius was one of them I believe.

I'm unable to post the method on the boards since it is a method done by exploiting a glitch. Google is helpful in this kind of stuff. ;p

edwinian
May 29, 2005, 02:25 PM
Oh great thanks, well in theory it shouldn't matter that it's risky because I always backup my game save data in case of a crash or some incident online so I should be safe. I understand you can't post more info here but that's all I really wanted to know, thanks. I'll do a google and see what I can dig up. Hopefully it will save me making a whole new character or living with a second best one.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 31, 2005, 05:21 AM
I agree that it was one of the more annoying changes since DC v2, but it was needed so people couldn't max out (base)stats way-before they should have(duping or not).

I've heard of people tossing characters higher than 113 when they suddenly realized the stat material limit. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It might be a good idea to add it to your sticky TOH. If you still update it or if its still considered a valid sticky(General forum right?). I don't know the rules concerning taking down sticky topics. :/