PDA

View Full Version : How hard does it get???

Feelmirath
May 30, 2005, 10:56 AM
Hey, just made it onto caves ult. To be honest, hard doesn't do it justice. Almost impossible might, as my char is only lvl 80!
I decided to give up when i came across a crimson assassin, when he decided to freeze me! WHAT? I thought he just stuck you to the floor! This is madness!
I guess it's a few more laps round the forest then for me -_-

Butoden
May 30, 2005, 11:01 AM
Actually usually Im more worried about the Lillies!
You been to the other difficulties, you've seen the Grass Assasins, so you know it's movements and attackpatterns, all they do is move quicker, that shouldn't be too much of a problem now should it?

Feelmirath
May 30, 2005, 11:05 AM
I just managed to survive the freezing, but then when it charged it didnt go in a straight line, it turned around and ran me over like an 18-wheeler!
As for the lilies, i was magidid (if thats a word) once or twice, but never had an effect

Ryna
May 30, 2005, 11:15 AM
If this is your first time playing Ultimate, I would recommend doing some of the Forest quests before you try Caves again.

If you think Caves is tough, wait until you get to Mines....

ShinAkane
May 30, 2005, 11:16 AM
It will be much more comfortable at lvl 100. If you are a hunter, build up your DFP, you ll need it ;p.

Feelmirath
May 30, 2005, 11:22 AM
Lol thanx for the tips ive done a few Forest runs and got a silence claw, 2 flowen's swords auw 3079 and a guilty light to show for it!
It's just a shame my friends are just a few lvls off 80, so I wouldnt have to go solo, every... single... time...

P.S: yep, im a HUmar and hate being frozen and have a crap defence... lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2005-05-30 09:24 ]</font>

Rigsta
May 30, 2005, 11:57 AM
You mean... Ultimate is actually challenging? I can't wait. Doing max attack runs on hard mode I've levelled enough to almost skip Vhard entirely http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Neith
May 30, 2005, 12:38 PM
Caves isn't too hard when you know how to evade enemy attacks. Mines is a pain when you first get there..

Baranz http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif It's great running like crazy from those.

Saiffy
May 30, 2005, 12:45 PM
My 72 RAmarls in ult ruins already, caves hard? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But eh, do Fake in Yellow runs for exp, you get about 12k a run I think and it's relatively easy, also will see a few pals along the way.

Night_Raid
May 31, 2005, 03:10 PM
ugh..... dont't get me started on mines, if you looked up pain in the ass on dictionary.com you would see a screen shot of a HUcast getting pimp slaped(namingly meT.T) around Ult mines.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Night_Raid on 2005-05-31 13:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Night_Raid on 2005-05-31 13:25 ]</font>

Nintenter
May 31, 2005, 03:19 PM
I made it into ultimate at level 64, and made it to caves at level 67. Yeah, I got pwned.

Scejntjynahl
May 31, 2005, 03:24 PM
On 2005-05-31 13:10, Night_Raid wrote:
ugh..... dont't get me started on mines, if you looked up pain in the ass on dictionary.com you would see a screen shot of a HUcast getting pimp slaped around Ult mines.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Night_Raid on 2005-05-31 13:11 ]</font>

Hmm? Really, I would think that by been a HUcast you would employ confuse traps, those work wonderful in mines since most enemies already clutter together. Get out a good slicer with hp draining and your set. Run of traps you say? Well go back to the nurse and get more, no? Baranz... freese freese freese ... and hit then as hard as you can. If two in the room and near each other... uhm.. again confuse traps and run away and see them kill each other... its quite beautiful. And yes the exp is still yours, lower albeit, but you still get some exp points.

Raven_Lodare
May 31, 2005, 03:30 PM
Back in v2, I made it to ult at L50, and unlocked the ruins at 57. S-rank weapons were so very powerful back then http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Night_Raid
May 31, 2005, 03:31 PM
i finaly just got a raygun with gush a week ago (lucky me right?) as for traps im tossing them out left and right, usally i'll confuse then if they'ye too loosly conected i'd use the rappy fan+3 but if they were bunched closer thats were my gea bolg with 35% machine comes in.

Saffran
May 31, 2005, 03:40 PM
Well, difficulty is really realtive. A "fleshy" hunter or Ranger shouldn't have too many difficulties fraying a way until Ruins, even before lv 90. (though it does take some HP materials),
I guess Robots make a little up with their huge HP, but you need to play pretty conservatively then if you want to progress.

If you have hand me downs, the way shouldn't prove to be too hard, as well.

Now with Magic users... you need the right equipment, the right items, and the skills... but then again, magic users that can make it at low levels into Ultimate are good overall players, so they should have the needed brains to figure it out...

I personaly had a really hard time with Mines. Forest was just frustrating (on DC you hit absolutely nothing, even at max ATA, unless you have a special weapon.) but Caves was kind of OK, since I was used to the strategy (OK, my Red Hangun with 40% AB helped). But in Mines the ennemies DFP and ATP get ridiculous... And what's to say about Ruins then? "oh most ennemies kill me in one critical hit... Gran Sorcerer use Grants which means insta-kill until I'm 30 lvs higher or equip my sacred guard, but if I do that every ennemy will insta-kill me, with or without critical hit... hmmm...."

Tycho
May 31, 2005, 04:53 PM
I got into Ult Caves at level 1, and owned it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
But the problem is, I didn't die at Dal Ra Lie, so I pressed reset. So I need to redo Caves.

Feelmirath
Jun 1, 2005, 07:41 AM
Tycho, i highly doubt you managed to get to ult caves at lvl 1 (unless it was a typo). Anyways, I decided to train up my force, cos the Nidra rules!

Ryna
Jun 1, 2005, 08:42 AM
On 2005-06-01 05:41, Feelmirath wrote:
Tycho, i highly doubt you managed to get to ult caves at lvl 1 (unless it was a typo). Anyways, I decided to train up my force, cos the Nidra rules!

Actually Tycho did get to Ult Caves at level 1. He used a FONewm and Psycho Wand. Since the Psycho Wand drains HP when you cast a tech, he was able to "die on purpose" to avoid gaining exp (you don't gain exp when you are dead).

He posted several snaps in the snapshot thread detailing his adventures.

Hrigg
Jun 1, 2005, 09:33 AM
Heh, I've never really had any problems with the caves. The mines was definatly fun my first time through with my level 102 HUmar. Stupid Sinows...

Anyway, yeah, you should level up via forest quests and since you are Whitill, do Fake in Yellow and find a Pal Rappy. Get him to drop a Red Partisan. That's a decent weapon.

Feelmirath
Jun 1, 2005, 11:37 AM
Actually Tycho did get to Ult Caves at level 1. He used a FONewm and Psycho Wand. Since the Psycho Wand drains HP when you cast a tech, he was able to "die on purpose" to avoid gaining exp (you don't gain exp when you are dead).

He posted several snaps in the snapshot thread detailing his adventures.

Wow... That's a pretty big feat...

chibiLegolas
Jun 1, 2005, 12:48 PM
Ha! Wait till you get to Ultimate Centrol Control in Ep2.
Dam monkeys with their superior evade. And their shock....

^_^'

AlterUser
Jun 1, 2005, 09:09 PM
Im a lvl 75 Ramar with pushan and diwari lvl 200 i got Ult in at lvl 68 but im hanging out in Fake in Yellow till i get a red handgun

Dana
Jun 2, 2005, 10:03 AM
i got into ult ruins at 53 and i pwn lol......GO FOmarl

but the point is with certain characters need certain items to help them...and certain mg too

androids need a mag like diwari with m&y (diwari gives shifta and deband when you get your PB)

and fleshies need high levels techs and seksi items.......but you need the skill to use them....well not skill just stats lol

FO's are the easiest so no pint talking about them they pwn 100%

HU's....i got my HUcast into mines at 46 and ruins 67(because i wanted to do ep2 and don't need the items from ruins lol)
HU's need that seksi ata and HP....try maxing there mats 1st it makes it SO much easier.....

use a handgun(red handgun with hit is the best a HU can use so try getting one of those)

if you cannot kill them in one combo try to 1-2-run, 1-2-3 that should kill them(thats like weak-weak/hard weak-hard-hard) it's simple when you think about it......as for lillies the red handgun will take care of them either that or use SHIELD OF DELSABER and RESIST/DEVIL that should be enough for them......PIE will be the hardest(dal ral lie) IMO he is the hardest boss in ult.....mainly for android though.....

just keep safe try to take off as much health as possable before you get hit(try not to get it)make sure you power him down and use a multi-hit weapon like slicer/sword/partisan

RA's are different

same, they need strong techs and good weapons.....they have the ata, but not the atp...so make their mag....5/145/50/0(best stats IMO)

for a new RA i would guess a justy would be good, or red handgun maybe.....with HIT%(better)just stay in the corner of the room(next to the door) and moster don't think you are in the room, and it's easier to flee

Night_Raid
Jun 2, 2005, 12:24 PM
life hate me.........i dont see how every one here has so much better items than me, this is anarchy!(at least i think) so far my armory consist of yamato+60, double saber+12, varista+9, inferno bazooka+9 gea bolg with high pecents, angry fist,soul eater+9 kaladbolg,G-sasin sabers,musashi, sinow-b daggers, frying pan,DB saber of course, blade dance, bloody art, tons of usless gea bolgs(now they've become common as DB sabers) ,all booma claw variations and im getting my brother to get me dragon slayer.

and the miniture armory i carry with me,yamato+60, double saber+12, varista+9, inferno bazooka+9 gea bolg with high pecents, angry fist(somtimes),soul eater+9,gush raygun,arrest vulcanhit10% yes i know i should get rid of soul eater but i have seporation issues, since dreamcast i've wanted it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Night_Raid on 2005-06-02 10:28 ]</font>

Superguppie
Jun 3, 2005, 02:54 AM
Hmmmm, I remember my first time in ULT Caves. Found it hard too. Now my RAmar is 199, and even Ruins is loosing it's challenge.
How hard does it get? Well, for someone that can go through ULT Caves without even getting hit it about 45 minutes, Ruins is still a nice diversion, and Seabed (that's Ep2) is a last resort. I bet that in time, that will become a breeze too.

Take your time to learn the patterns and how to evade them. Take your time to level up. You'll get there

Feelmirath
Jun 3, 2005, 03:06 AM
Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure one of my friends is lvl 80 now, so a few more forest runs would suffice for us

Nintenter
Jun 3, 2005, 03:09 PM
On 2005-06-01 05:41, Feelmirath wrote:

How do you beat bosses then? At level 1 you would level up if you beat any of the bosses. The only way to do is die right at the end of the boss and use a scape doll, but that would take hundreds of scaped dolls.

Also, how could you beat Falz on any difficulty at level 1? Once again you would need hundreds of scape dolls.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nintenter on 2005-06-03 13:10 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jun 3, 2005, 03:41 PM
With a tech FO most bosses die before they can even hit you(Save Falz) which does take lots of scapes.

Seriously, Tycho did it, you doubting it doesn't make it any less true, *shrug*

Feelmirath
Jun 4, 2005, 12:57 PM
Gr8 news! Made it through caves at lvl 88! Only died once cos of an ob lily megid (caught me off guard), and dal ra lie was surprisingly easy.
In the way of specials, got jack shit tho =(

Night_Raid
Jun 4, 2005, 07:10 PM
now you get to go to ruins, so get ready for an ass whupin, welcome to amish country my friend!

Jive18
Jun 5, 2005, 02:26 AM
On 2005-06-04 17:10, Night_Raid wrote:
now you get to go to ruins, so get ready for an ass whupin, welcome to amish country my friend!

Umm...you mean Mines, right?

As said before, you most likely will get pwned in Mines, definently the first time. I found the worst part to be the fact that Gillchics no longer fall over on all hits (my poor swords became useless). Anyways, get a slicer, with hit% preferbaly, and go to down on them. If that doesn't work, cower down and beg for mercy, though I doubt you'll recieve any.

Seriously though, good luck.

Feelmirath
Jun 5, 2005, 04:20 AM
Meh, tried mines once, it wasn't all THAT hard. With a decent zalure, i reckon i could get through mines 1 if i don't get another evil trap to the keester

DismantleMyMind
Jun 5, 2005, 04:52 AM
What are you guys talking about? Ultimate is pathetically easy on GC/Xbox. It was actually hard back on version 2... I remember... in Mines you'd do 0 damage to Gillchichs with 1600ATP...

Caliban
Jun 5, 2005, 01:13 PM
Try Ep.2 on ult.You'll never complain about the caves again belive me.I blitzed through the caves humar style once I hit 89.Don't be afraid to resort to a pistol as a hunter at times either.Theres no better way to down an Ob lily at that level than gunning it down and heading for the door when the vulmers get too close.Personaly I went for the head on aproach and banked on Yamoto and resta when it came to vulmers and C.assassins.Heres a tip:Get on the side of an assassin so he can't freeze or attack you and use his body to block the vulmers then just go nuts with a sword type weapon.One on one vulmers hate things like twin brand and demolition comet.Its too fast for them to get an attack in.

Night_Raid
Jun 5, 2005, 01:44 PM
errr that was a uhhhh............typo......yes a typo you know how close the r,u,i,n and the s, is to ,m,i,n and e, they should really move those keys. But seriously the best method i could come up with for a meatbag is a rappy fan and if you have halfway decent ata you can confuse as well as whup up on them from afar.

Caliban
Jun 5, 2005, 02:52 PM
Eh.Hearing about the mines on ult just makes me twitch with frustration.A major pain in the neck and for a skyly Humar a phenominal waste of time.As for the Gills and dubs Id go for a mech gun+General/battle+as much extra power as humanly possible.The mech gun should give you enough distance from the slowing lil bastards and 9 chances to knock em over rather than the typical 3 combo is a big help.Then once you hit about lvl 100 110 come back ta smack em around melee style just to show em who's boss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Caliban on 2005-06-05 12:55 ]</font>

Azrah
Jun 6, 2005, 04:38 PM

*shudder*ooh....I...HATE the Mines

Neith
Jun 6, 2005, 04:47 PM
On 2005-06-06 14:38, Azrah wrote:

*shudder*ooh....I...HATE the Mines

Charge Vulcans with hit are a godsend for Hunters in Ult Mines, I'd consider getting a pair (or at least some Gatling/Vulcans with Hit%). Just make sure you don't box yourself into a corner and you should be fine, provided you're careful.

Azrah
Jun 7, 2005, 04:06 PM
Thats what I do, and I'm good in Lt Mines...just...those...DAMN SINOW REDS!!!

Genoa
Jun 7, 2005, 10:27 PM
If you think Mines is tuff... wait until you get to Forest........ wait, that's not right http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Feelmirath
Jun 8, 2005, 11:24 AM
In the mines, I did ok until i stumbled into a room full of boxes. after i destroyed them, a trap showes up an 1hit k.o.s me! I know what ur thinking... "pathetic". Altough the enemies themselves dont pose a problem, mainly because im gettin used to constant resta. Im lvl 91 now, so its gettin ever so slightly easier. Not by much mind...

Azrah
Jun 9, 2005, 01:00 PM
I'm at levei 81 and I have no bif problems with ULT mines...except those DAMN SINOWS!!!