PDA

View Full Version : An Important 2 questions

AlterUser
Jun 2, 2005, 12:38 AM
What consoles is the psu coming out on and whens the U.S release date

trypticon
Jun 2, 2005, 12:49 AM
PS2, PC, sometime in 2006, possibly 2005.

rena-ko
Jun 2, 2005, 11:28 AM
EU + US release feb 2006.
PS2 and PC use the same servers.
no clues about if EU and US servers are linked, but its likely.

AlterUser
Jun 2, 2005, 01:18 PM
i wonder why they didnt make it for ps3 since it is suppose to I hear come out x-mas of 2005.Cant quite remember what the release date was said on e3 i plan to buy all 3 new consoles

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlterUser on 2005-06-02 11:20 ]</font>

Arislan
Jun 2, 2005, 01:32 PM
Simple. If they made if for PS3 the game would be in development until 2007 or so. Dev kits for the system were not released until relatively recently, while PSU has been easily under true *coding level* development since at least 2003.

AlterUser
Jun 2, 2005, 02:21 PM
hmm true but i think it would be awesome if they made another one for ps3 even though it wont happen they took ff-7 and made it look freakin sweet for ps3 and im looking forward to Odysses

digigram
Jun 2, 2005, 02:30 PM
grr.. i was going to say something about punctuation but nevermind.

I doubt there'd be any difference in the quality of the game if they RE made it for Ps3 anyway. Not because of the hardware, but Sonic team generally has a cycle of making games that generally look similar, design wise.

You might not agree, but I think PSU looks Very much like PSO in the sense of overall design. Just looks like they added some new costumes, weapons, levels and enemies.

By overall Design, I mean the character, enemies and stage designer, not the actual models. The concept level of development.

So, coming from this point of view, the only thing that PSU would benefit from being on PS3, is possible more players on a team, more particle effects. Other than that, there is a shitload of things they Could do, but knowing how ST games shuffle their feet, they wouldn't probably rebuild animations, detailed models, re-map all the models with HD textures, add all sorts of free floating textures and animation layers in textures, backgrounds, weaponry, lighting, shading...

That's just my opinion. ST knows people will buy it regardless of what they do to it, as long as they do 'just' enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2005-06-02 12:31 ]</font>

Arislan
Jun 2, 2005, 02:32 PM
FF7 was a tech demo, nothing more. Don't get your hopes up there. Not that I'd personally get it anyway if it were to be a release... Subpar story, holes a mack truck could drunkenly weave through, characters that hold no personal attachment... I dunno, thought the game was OK, but no need for a full remake.

Outrider
Jun 2, 2005, 06:02 PM
On 2005-06-02 12:32, Arislan wrote:
FF7 was a tech demo, nothing more. Don't get your hopes up there. Not that I'd personally get it anyway if it were to be a release... Subpar story, holes a mack truck could drunkenly weave through, characters that hold no personal attachment... I dunno, thought the game was OK, but no need for a full remake.

Heh. Yeah, you're right.

God, I love pointing out flaws in Final Fantasy VII.

But, uh... what were we talking about? Oh yeah, PSU on PS3.

I was really in favor of PSU on next-gen, but it looks like they've done a pretty good job with the PS2 version. I've heard the PC version will be graphically and technically superior in several ways due to the PS2, well... being the PS2, which makes me wish they would've released PSU on X-Box instead, but whatever. Not going to bring that topic up again.