PDA

View Full Version : I need a Job

InfinityXXX
Jun 4, 2005, 04:47 PM
No one won't hire me!!!!!!! I'm so broke the only money on me is 4 dollars. My mom keeps telling me to shut up and wait.(I've only applied at 3 jobs last thursday XD)

But you see, i need a job ASAP,my old cpu broke and i really wanna play blue burst so i'm thinkin of buying a laptalk.($3000)But I can't wait, everyones all happy "blue burst is so fun" GRRRR
I....i...i wanna play blue burst too!...http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

(sobs)
*i'm not allowed to play games on this cpu

RicoRoyal
Jun 4, 2005, 07:21 PM
Seriously, shut up and wait. If I were your mom and you actually brought the issue up to me the way you have here in PSOW, I would quite honestly slap you across the face and tell you that you're not ready for a job.

Good luck getting a job, but most importantly, good luck keeping said job should you ever get it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Blitzkommando
Jun 4, 2005, 08:12 PM
Right on Rico. "WAAAH I need a job because I cannot play a game..." Really? I don't think that is some reason to "need" a computer. You just "want" it so that you can play a game. And, to say you need a $3000 laptop do do so? If I were your mother I would say, "Fine, buy it yourself." Really, you can buy a really nice PC now-a-days for $500 easy. To "claim" that you need a $3000 piece of hardware is absolutely laughable.

Ness
Jun 4, 2005, 08:14 PM
I used to be like that until I actually got one. Once I got a job, I was glad I had to quit because of school. Now that I'm out, my parents want me to get one again. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ABDUR101
Jun 4, 2005, 08:16 PM
Laptop. Not laptalk. =

And yeah, go buy a decent desktalk...desktop, for about $500. Standard E-Machines or whatever sell at Wal-mart for about that much, come with a nice monitor, and if they don't already have an ok graphics card you can usually buy a decent one right in-store. Atleast at my local supercenter you can.

Nothing too high-end, but then if your expectations are of playing PSO:BB, a $500 machine from Wal-mart is fine. No need to pay $3k for a laptop, just for gaming. I doubt you'll be taking it to school or out in public unless you're going to guard it with your life anyway.

Wyndham
Jun 4, 2005, 08:16 PM
On 2005-06-04 18:12, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
Right on Rico. "WAAAH I need a job because I cannot play a game..." Really? I don't think that is some reason to "need" a computer. You just "want" it so that you can play a game. And, to say you need a $3000 laptop do do so? If I were your mother I would say, "Fine, buy it yourself." Really, you can buy a really nice PC now-a-days for $500 easy. To "claim" that you need a $3000 piece of hardware is absolutely laughable.

shut up for a second.
you both are being overly harsh on this person.
getting a job is very hard these days, and unemployed numbers are pretty damn high.
it's easy to agree with Rico, but it's arder to agnkowledge that this person wants a job, but it's pretty damn hard to get one.
you both are partially right in one aspect, but dead wrong in disincluding everything else.

Blitzkommando
Jun 4, 2005, 08:33 PM
On 2005-06-04 18:16, Oran1324 wrote:

shut up for a second.
getting a job is very hard these days, and unemployed numbers are pretty damn high.
it's easy to agree with Rico, but it's arder to agnkowledge that this person wants a job, but it's pretty damn hard to get one.
you both are partially right in one aspect, but dead wrong in disincluding everything else.

Nah, I won't retract a single letter of what I said, because I believe it. Getting a job is not tough if the local druggies at the school can get a job. My point is, to claim to need a job for a bloody game and then to complain to one's parents about it is, well, about as lazy as you can get. There is no need to have a computer just for, in this case, a single game. If it were for some other purpose, such as job, or school I could see the "need". But frankly, this situation sounds like a whiny kid who's parents won't buy something because the kid "needs" it.

Wyndham
Jun 4, 2005, 08:44 PM
On 2005-06-04 18:33, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

On 2005-06-04 18:16, Oran1324 wrote:

shut up for a second.

Nah, I won't retract a single letter of what I said, because I believe it. Getting a job is not tough if the local druggies at the school can get a job. My point is, to claim to need a job for a bloody game and then to complain to one's parents about it is, well, about as lazy as you can get. There is no need to have a computer just for, in this case, a single game. If it were for some other purpose, such as job, or school I could see the "need". But frankly, this situation sounds like a whiny kid who's parents won't buy something because the kid "needs" it.

so you're saying YOU were never a whiny kid?
so you're saying YOU were never the one in a toystore pointing to a toy saying I want that.
its the same thing. people never grow out of it. right now i "need" to go on a vacation away from my family because they're causing me so much stress that i've had stomach aches for weeks.
please tell me you dont "need" your computer to stay in your house, or something along those lines, because I think this theory of yours is actually just something entirely different.

Blitzkommando
Jun 4, 2005, 08:52 PM
On 2005-06-04 18:44, Oran1324 wrote:
so you're saying YOU were never the one in a toystore pointing to a toy saying I want that.
its the same thing. people never grow out of it. right now i "need" to go on a vacation away from my family because they're causing me so much stress that i've had stomach aches for weeks.
please tell me you dont "need" your computer to stay in your house, or something along those lines, because I think this theory of yours is actually just something entirely different.

I'm sorry, I never asked for a $3000 piece of hardware out of the blue to play a game, no. Apparently, according to you, that is abnormal. To me, that is called consideration for the financial stability of the family. Hell, the most expensive thing I ever asked for was... hrm... I didn't ask for my computer, so it wasn't that. It wasn't my gamesystems, cause I bought those, it was probably my video card. A $200 videocard. When I was in toystores whining to get something I recall it as the .79$ Matchbox/Hotwheels car. Oh yeah, that is certainly going to break the bank there. Use common sense next time eh?

Wyndham
Jun 4, 2005, 08:57 PM
On 2005-06-04 18:52, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

On 2005-06-04 18:44, Oran1324 wrote:

I'm sorry, I never asked for a $3000 piece of hardware out of the blue to play a game, no. Apparently, according to you, that is abnormal. To me, that is called consideration for the financial stability of the family. Hell, the most expensive thing I ever asked for was... hrm... I didn't ask for my computer, so it wasn't that. It wasn't my gamesystems, cause I bought those, it was probably my video card. A $200 videocard. When I was in toystores whining to get something I recall it as the .79$ Matchbox/Hotwheels car. Oh yeah, that is certainly going to break the bank there. Use common sense next time eh?

...next time? what do you mean by that? you're trying to win an arguement with someone at a computer in his pajamas. you can't win, in actuality, because no matter which way you lose.
my point is, humans want things, and he's actually willing to get it himself.
you missed my point entirely.
sorry buddy.

ABDUR101
Jun 4, 2005, 09:05 PM
ok, enough.

He's applied for jobs, he can't do anything until he actually gets hired. Hurray for the effort to get a job. Hopefully you're responsible enough to actually hold it down and do whats expected.

Any argueing over whatever else is no different than pissing in the wind. Solves nothing, makes no different, entirely moot. Chill out.

RicoRoyal
Jun 4, 2005, 09:24 PM
On 2005-06-04 18:57, Oran1324 wrote:
my point is, humans want things, and he's actually willing to get it himself.

I was going to write quite a bit more in response to this, but it appears that would go against Abdur's wishes, so I'll keep it real nice and simple. This is not only directed as a rebuttal to what you've said, Oran; it is also directed at InfinityXXX as an eyeopener of what he's getting himself into.

Willingness implies a sense of readiness (so says Merriam-Webster). From my perspective on the subject of InfinityXXX getting a job, I see NO sense of readiness.

Again, good luck, InfinityXXX. If nothing else, you'll at least come out of this ordeal with a crash course in reality.

Also, if we're all about being helpful in this thread, then i'll too recommend a nice $500 desktop (as the others said) in place of a $3000 laptop. Not sure what broke your old computer, but I'm sure it could also break your laptop just as easily. Better safe than sorry.

Erm... also, everything Blitz said x 1 million http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: it would appear I don't know the difference between "simply" and "simple" -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2005-06-04 19:27 ]</font>

Luis
Jun 4, 2005, 09:26 PM
where are you located?, i can find you a job for 7.10$ right now in the orlando area, are you at least 16??

KodiaX987
Jun 4, 2005, 09:44 PM
On 2005-06-04 14:47, InfinityXXX wrote:
No one won't hire me!!!!!!! I'm so broke the only money on me is 4 dollars. My mom keeps telling me to shut up and wait.(I've only applied at 3 jobs last thursday XD)

But you see, i need a job ASAP,my old cpu broke and i really wanna play blue burst so i'm thinkin of buying a laptalk.($3000)But I can't wait, everyones all happy "blue burst is so fun" GRRRR
I....i...i wanna play blue burst too!...http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

(sobs)
*i'm not allowed to play games on this cpu

Chances are you'll have to apply at several places, dozens of them in fact if you want to get a job. There's a lot of "pushing" going on all the time in the job market, so it's not out of the ordinary to see assholes get jobs - they simply have a parent or a contact to get them in. I don't, and so far I've submitted my CV to about ten companies, plus the government public services, plus two placement agencies, with no luck... at least not yet. The placement agencies and the goverenment swear they will call me up as soon as they find something suitable for me.

And in the compy department, I'll double Abdur's suggestion. It's useless to go for the laptop if you plan on gaming. If you actually want to game on the go, you are better off buying a Gameboy, or if you actually need a laptop for school work, go the lowest end model you can find, since all you'll need to do will be the equivalent of office work. Save the hard cash for the desktop machines. They are far cheaper than laptops for the same amount of power.

There should be some placement agencies out there. They are free for the employees, so if you can find one, you've already got some serious job done. The one I dealt with is Randstad, and apparently, they've got a buncha offices everywhere, so you might want to check those up.

InfinityXXX
Jun 4, 2005, 10:16 PM
I understand what yall are saying, to hush and have patience but I think its rude of some of yall to just come out and bite my head and pour salt on it afterwards. I have other motives for my lapto..ermm laptalk. You see i'm a poet/writer and since my handwriting is bad i need to type my stories and poetry and i want something of my own to store it in.

I've come from a single parent mom, thus ive lived in a life of living in various places (worse place was in the car for 1 month) and not being able to own a lot of things simply because we've never had any money but now that i can work I want to finally buy something big, something all by myself so i can be proud of it for i worked HARD and earned it.

I also want to get a job so i can help my mom with the bills of the house and i want to save up all my money (after i get the laptalk) to treat my mom out for one day to anyhing as a thank you for raising me through the tough times and the ones that are still comming. Shes 34 and she had me when she was 18 and instead of aborting me like her parents were gonna force her to do, she ran away and raised me alone.

I'm not trying to bring out a sympathy card but I just wanted yall to know that i have other motives for wanting to get a job besides Blue Burst and though i should've tried to not sound so selfish in the original post, some of you guys still shouldn't try to attack people so harshly over something so little.

Edit: ALSO, i never ever wanted my mom to buy my laptalk for me i was just complaining to her about the whole finding a job dill. The reason i want a $3000 laptalk is that all i normally own is Handmedowns and i'm TIRED of getting the bottom type stuff for once in my life I want to own something big!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-06-04 20:20 ]</font>

Bradicus
Jun 4, 2005, 10:31 PM
My mother got me a job once. I don't recommend following that particular avenue.

RoninJoku
Jun 5, 2005, 12:56 AM
Thinking big eh? Well as long as your family situation is financially stable enough that you won't need to contribute much toward bills etc... then you might be able to do it... My first job I made almost 3000$ in one summer at 10.75$ an hour doing (basically full-time but seasonal) landscaping for a local school district... Of course I had connections though... And I hear that that is the only way to get in on one of those types of jobs... But before anyone says I'm lucky or anything, I'd just like to make it clear that I applied to like 15 places before-hand, got about 4 interviews and got turned down each time... The only reason that I was ever given was that I was "too young looking"... Curse this devilishly handsome babyface! >.<
So yea... Sometimes... If you have no work experience, you get denied your chances at work simpy because of you're genes... that's a bit unfair...

Shadowpawn
Jun 6, 2005, 05:19 PM
You really don't need a laptop that's $3000, you can get a decent one for about $800. Try a Dell or Gateway computer.

InfinityXXX
Jun 6, 2005, 05:28 PM
I wanna put in Ragnarok Online and PSo blue burst.(Or at least download one and when i get tired of it delete it and dwnload the other).
Do you think one $800 could run real fast w/o that much laggin? I know alot of it depends on the graphics card but some of it depends on the cpu.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 6, 2005, 06:01 PM
On 2005-06-06 15:28, InfinityXXX wrote:
I wanna put in Ragnarok Online and PSo blue burst.(Or at least download one and when i get tired of it delete it and dwnload the other).
Do you think one $800 could run real fast w/o that much laggin? I know alot of it depends on the graphics card but some of it depends on the cpu.

There's Pentium 4 processor(3.0+ ghz) desktops around here going for less than $1150, easily.

I've been watching the market in the area for some time now.

Over the past few months, every 2-3 months Dell drops their prices a good $100. Seriously.

$100(sometimes sale priced) graphics cards will suit you just fine for the two games you mentioned. Anything over $100 is overkill, really.

Laptops, err you're paying more for the size, as everyone else has said.

For that said $1150, you're getting way less processing power/RAM/HD space/graphics card/sound card/etc.

Its up to you to determine the pros and cons of desktops vs. laptops.

Desktops are more powerful for the same amount of money. Laptops are portable(but not all are as lightweight/small as you might think).

My brother is about your age. He got a job, saved the majority of his money, and blew a lot of it on a PSP and other crap. He didn't put the time in to shop around, get info on his purchasing.

He only bought it as it was the "New Portable Playstation!" He thought I was jealous of his amazing purchase, but I seriously asked him why I should pay $250 now and $50 a game, for launch titles that don't interest me?
"Metal Gear is coming this next month, and Grand Theft Auto!" "Metal Gear is a card based game. It won't be for everyone, and Grand Theft Auto you know nothing about right now, plus I don't like GTA that much." I'm waiting out anything interesting on both PSP and DS. Right now it isn't worth the money, to me.

Be a smart consumer. Have less regrets. Get the most for your money.

ABDUR101
Jun 6, 2005, 06:04 PM
As said, the latest desktop computers are more than enough to run games. Infact, even if you wanted to play the latest game like Half-Life 2, you'd just need to make sure to get a decent 3D card.

As far as RO and PSO:BB, you're good to go out of the box I'd imagine, but I'd highly reccomend getting the best 3D card you can to fit into it.

Evil_Althena8
Jun 7, 2005, 01:43 PM
lol...you need a job? I need a job. I'm out of school, 19, nothing to do. That's more than enough reason for me to get one.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 8, 2005, 11:31 PM
On 2005-06-07 11:43, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
lol...you need a job? I need a job. I'm out of school, 19, nothing to do. That's more than enough reason for me to get one.

Fsck.
I graduated High School at 17, but not at all early or anything.
Within three months, if I "didn't have a job" I'd "be kicked out on the street!"

Now I've worked for about 2 years and recently I'm being treated worse and worse by the week.

A family member was shipped from Oklahoma out here. 22, gave his 2 week notice at a fast food place and was kicked out for not finding a job within the same kind of timeframe.

I wish you the best of luck on finding a job, if only just to get your parents/gaurdians off your back.

InfinityXXX
Jun 11, 2005, 11:01 PM
I hooked up with a friend of mine and she she gave me the application to her job, TCIM. She told me a bunch of stories about this place. Its a telemarketing job and once you apply you usually get hired the same day(if you apply in person). She brings home about $500 every 2 weeks.(you get extra money for making sells) So i'm gonna apply in person and hopefully i may get this job.

The thing is, is that TCIM is a very, very shady job where they'll fire you for stupid reasons and employees will argue with you.(My moms friend threw coffee on the manager when she worked there)

I really dont like jobs where you sit all day but it'll have to do until i get hired somewhere else.

roygbiv
Jun 12, 2005, 12:44 AM
Hmm... yeah... in the same position sort of... was hoping to get a translation/research job on top of my part time library job... but found out that the transl/research job had been filled a little while ago, and the person who was hiring apparently missed my email (that I sent 3 weeks ago)

So... looking for so stuff to keep myself occupied for the summer... and of course earn some cash/experience...

but... my job search can wait a little longer till monday.

Of course I need money to buy FOOD... screw wanting to buy a new computer... if I have cash to blow I am going to get a sexy jacket! And pig out on ice cream. But I won't drip any on my soon-to-be new jacket, that I fondle every day in the mall...
waiting for my paycheck...

Daikarin
Jun 12, 2005, 05:55 AM
I wanted a job too, I wanted to start being self-sufficient and get used to having a work schedule and such, even if I start out with something small. But, well...

InfinityXXX
Jun 13, 2005, 03:27 PM
I went to TCIM and filled out my application. They were gonna interview me today but they were booked so I do my very FIRST interview in my life this Wednesday at 3 a.m. YAY.

I also dropped in my application for Mazzios calling center today so I'll be expecting a phone interview.

OOooh i hope i get one of these jobs http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, pray for me guys!!!!!!!