PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Quick question from a n00b

MechGryphon
Jun 5, 2005, 05:53 PM
Okay, so I'm not exactly a n00b, but I am a noob to trading/rares.

S-Parts
FOR
Photon Launcher
Justice Mechs

Who gets the better deal? (Might post here again, heh)

rena-ko
Jun 5, 2005, 06:07 PM
n00b = beginner who refuses to learn
newb = the other kind of beginner

-what s-parts? 2.01? 1.something?

if 2.01 - bad deal for the one giving the sparts.
if 1.something - seems ok. all three things are more or less worthless (since you didnt post any % on the weapons)

MechGryphon
Jun 5, 2005, 06:16 PM
n00b can also = person who wants to learn but calls themself a n00b anyways ^_^

Well, thanks for replying. As I said, I might/probably will need more help. The problem is that while I played on GC, all my chars got FSODed before they could find any/many rares, so that's one of the only aspects of the game that I don't know much about. :/

EDIT:

2 Questions: Why exactly is S-Parts so special? I know it's extremely rare, but it's not really that good...Can it be merged with something?

Wals
Photon Launcher
Meteor Smash
for S-Parts would still be a bad deal, or not?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MechGryphon on 2005-06-05 17:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MechGryphon on 2005-06-05 17:55 ]</font>

AxelgearVII
Jun 5, 2005, 08:18 PM
S.Parts 2.01 gets any android 15 more ATA AND allows them to surpass their maximum base ATA. Axel needs one for his strength enhancing HUcast suit. (Meh HUcast on BB)

MechGryphon
Jun 5, 2005, 08:22 PM
Maximum Base ATA? Sorry for not understanding, but maximum base is what the stat is at at lv200 before mats/mag/units, isn't it?

Or did you mean it lets it go above max or something? And them, the second trade I posted isn't worth it either I'm assuming?

Tycho
Jun 6, 2005, 04:45 AM
So you are playing BB now, Axel? Give your guildcard! ._.

To the original poster: in my signature check the link to 'how to hunt ???'. It will tell you the average number of runs (and what kind of runs) it takes to get certain rares, giving a decent indication of their rarity. Some of the values have changed slightly in BB, but it's mostly still the same. Unless you're really sure what you're doing, don't trade away rares like S-Parts or Invisible Guard. x_X;

Neith
Jun 6, 2005, 05:20 AM
On 2005-06-05 16:16, MechGryphon wrote:
Wals
Photon Launcher
Meteor Smash
for S-Parts would still be a bad deal, or not?

I agree with the posts so far, S-Parts ver2.01 (I think) is a hard drop to get, being a Normal Mode rare drop. Those items being offered aren't really worth it.

Wals- really, really easy for a Greenill to find.

Photon Launcher- 1/22ish from Hard Vol Opt, not too difficult to get.

Meteor Smash- I presume Viridia will find a shed load of these.

None of those really compare with your S-Parts, I'd keep hold of them until some better items are offered. Wait until full version (assuming you play US/EU beta), and wait until Ultimate mode, you might get some better offers then.

MechGryphon
Jun 6, 2005, 06:57 PM
Alright then, thanks for replying. As I said, I'll bump this if I need more help.