PDA

View Full Version : gamecube online adapter

Hiroku
Jun 5, 2005, 06:50 PM
I want to buy one, i have dialup. Which one do i get and where can i buy one??? perhaps a link?
This would be greatly appreciated.

trypticon
Jun 5, 2005, 06:58 PM
You have dial up, so get yourself a dial up adapter. These come in a light gray color, if I remember correctly. It's been a few years since I've seen them shown off on retail shelves, but places do still have them, particularly those game stores that are attached to every Hollywood Video store now. Just ask the guy behind the counter for one. The places around here always have a few of them in stock.

If you want to get one online, maybe go to Ebay or something.

Hiroku
Jun 5, 2005, 07:00 PM
I don't have an account for e-bay, and can't get one. Can i get a link to another site where i can get one.

hyperacute
Jun 5, 2005, 07:12 PM
You might have some luck at http://www.lik-sang.com. Worth a look...

Hiroku
Jun 5, 2005, 07:25 PM
they had the broadband one , but none were in stock
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Hiroku
Jun 5, 2005, 07:28 PM
would the broadband adapter work on dialup???

Blitzkommando
Jun 5, 2005, 07:43 PM
I know most of my local shops have them. Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, GameStop, and Electronics Boutique all have modems around here. I would suggest going to one of these stores and just forego paying the shipping charges. Also, it seems most have dropped selling them on their online stores (just checked walmart, gamestop, eb and nintendo).

trypticon
Jun 5, 2005, 07:49 PM
Nintendo was losing money manufacturing and marketing them, so stores stopped carrying them altogether for a while, the Target's in my area included. The smaller gameshops seem to have a supply of them all the time though, so check those before paying shipping charges.

As for broadband adapters working with dialup connections, it all depends what type of dialup service you are going through. If you have something like AOL as your service, then yes, you will need a broadband adapter to get online with, even if it's AOL dialup. I think the same would hold true for Compuserve, and possibly even MSN. Check the stickies in the Tech Support forum here for detailed instructions of getting online with AOL and stuff among the others. Basically, and internet service that forces you to use their proprietary software to log in, and not just dial in, will force you to connect by sharing the signal from your PC, which means you'll need a Broadband adapter for your gamecube, and a Blue Crossover cable between the adapter and your computer.

KenTa_613
Jun 5, 2005, 10:29 PM
On 2005-06-05 17:28, Hiroku wrote:
would the broadband adapter work on dialup???

i heard it could. i really want to play this game online!!! >.<

metatime
Jun 6, 2005, 09:28 PM
Nope, BroadBand does not work with dial-up.

Blitzkommando
Jun 6, 2005, 09:38 PM
On 2005-06-06 19:28, metatime wrote:
Nope, BroadBand does not work with dial-up.

Unless you use internet connection sharing in which your PC acts as an access point to the internet, as Adam stated.

digigram
Jun 6, 2005, 11:27 PM
http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3844807?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

there. the brick and mortar stores "Fry's electronics" has at least 30 of them i stock at all times. I know this for fact.