PDA

View Full Version : Twins

DLShAdOw
Jun 6, 2005, 11:39 AM
Is the twins Photon blast stronger than a lv.30 shifta and deband?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DLShAdOw on 2005-06-06 09:40 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Jun 6, 2005, 11:40 AM
In a 4-way PB Chain it can get to like 80+. Or so I've heard.

DLShAdOw
Jun 6, 2005, 11:42 AM
wow!

Ryna
Jun 6, 2005, 11:52 AM
By itself, Mylla & Youlla gives you approximately a level 20ish S/D.

Used in conjunction with another PB and you get ~level 30.

A four way PB gives you ~level 80 S/D.

Dhylec
Jun 6, 2005, 12:10 PM
Ryna wrote:
A four way PB gives you ~level 80 S/D.

aka Super S/D! ;3
bosses even break cold sweats fighting 4 chars with this much S/D on them ;D

Tycho
Jun 6, 2005, 12:28 PM
Twins level: (number of people that chained) * 20 + 1.
If you're a HUnewearl, RAmarl or FO, you won't need L21 S/D, but keep in mind this PB can be used to revive anyone that donates PB.

SpyroDi
Jun 6, 2005, 12:34 PM
On 2005-06-06 10:28, Tycho wrote:
this PB can be used to revive anyone that donates PB.
I thought that was only for Leilla.

Saiffy
Jun 6, 2005, 12:43 PM
On 2005-06-06 10:34, SpyroDi wrote:

Only for twins, leilla doesn't.

SpyroDi
Jun 6, 2005, 12:47 PM
On 2005-06-06 10:43, Saiffwin wrote:

On 2005-06-06 10:34, SpyroDi wrote:

Only for twins, leilla doesn't.

Last time I tested it M&Y didn't revive.

digigram
Jun 6, 2005, 01:15 PM
everytime I have done it it has.

1-twins-
2-pilla-
3-dead (pushing y-xbox)
4-dead (pushing y-xbox)
=
1-alive
2-alive
3-alive
4-alive

Nai_Calus
Jun 6, 2005, 02:45 PM
Twins level: (number of people that chained) * 20 + 1.

Not quite, Tycho, it's more complicated than that.

Twins level:

Combined IQ of all players participating in chain / 10 + 1.

I don't recall, though, exactly how donating effects the level. (Did Sou ever find out for sure?) My assumption would be that each 10 PB donated would add a certain amount of IQ to the chain, depending on the donater's mag's IQ, but as I don't know for certain, I can't tell you.

Yes, this does mean that if you have 4 people who all have 0 IQ, your 4-way PB chain will produce L1 S/D. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skorpius
Jun 6, 2005, 02:57 PM
Synchro affects PBs more than IQ does.

IQ is for Abilities like Invincibility.

TheOneHero
Jun 6, 2005, 03:34 PM
On 2005-06-06 12:57, Skorpius wrote:

I don't know about the latter part of your post. All of my mags have max IQ, but when their Synch is down, level of S/D, Resta casted is lower. And Invincibility/S&D/Resta abilitiies happen less often.

Unless you just forgot to mention Synch is involved with the Abilities? ;p

RicoRoyal
Jun 6, 2005, 03:38 PM
On 2005-06-06 12:57, Skorpius wrote:

Hmmm, no, I'm pretty sure IQ is what determines the strength of whatever PB it is that one uses (this includes Twins), while Synchro is what determines how often a mag performs it's 4 special abilities on its own. I say I'm pretty sure because my 0 IQ, 120% Synchro Rati's Twins cast a level 1 Shifta on me. I know it was level 1, because I cast level 2 Shifta on my RAmar and still noticed the numbers go up (I had checked right after I used Twins and then again right after I cast level 2 Shifta).

I'm inclined to say that Ian's formula is correct. One thing bothers me though. I was always under the belief that the the only IQ that mattered for a PB chain was that of the person who first initiates the chain.

In other words, I always thought the formula was the following:

IQ of chain leader's mag * (number of people participating in chain) / 10 + 1

When people are both chaining and donating, those individuals that are chaining have a value of 1 withing the parenthesis, while those donating only add some fraction of 1 to the parenthesis.

EDIT: Well shit, now I don't have a flying fuck of a clue as to who is right and who is wrong. I just looked up a post made by Kef in 2004, on the Ragol.co.uk forums, in which it is implied that the Chain leader's mag's Synchro is what determines the strength of the Twins' SD.

http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4610&highlight=Photon+Chain

That there leads me to believe that the SD strength from a chain is dependent on Synchro in the following way:

Synchro of chain leader's mag * (number of people participating in chain) / 6 + 1

That formula working does not imply that the formula is what is actually used in calculating SD, seeing as how the other formula I posted also agrees with the numbers provided by Kef. Furthermore, what up with my Rati IQ / RAmar Shifta dilema?

My brain hurts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2005-06-06 14:12 ]</font>

Skorpius
Jun 6, 2005, 04:16 PM
I know for a fact that Synchro affects Photon Blasts more than IQ (but they affect them both). Synchro plays a major role in the effectiveness of Photon Blasts and the generation of Photon Energy in the Photon Blast Bar.

Nai_Calus
Jun 6, 2005, 08:02 PM
I should note that they're not my numbers, they're Sounomi's. Who once joked about 'only' having L75 S/D because my HUmar's Rati's IQ was lower than 200. XD

RicoRoyal
Jun 6, 2005, 08:47 PM
Well shucks, now I'm hooked. I really wanna know the formula http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

I guess i'll test some theories out once my vacation gets here -_-

*shakes fist at Kef and Skorpius for making me doubt Sounomi and Ian... and vice versa* http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Genoa
Jun 7, 2005, 11:18 PM
eh, I'm pretty sure the Sychro factor effects your ability to gain more PB faster, because Sychro is the bond between you and your mag... and it's IQ determines damage/support ratios...