PDA

View Full Version : syncesta/lavis question

Kaio666
Jun 6, 2005, 09:53 PM
alrighty heres the scoop. i'm hunting for the lavis canon and my buddies section id has the syncesta. is it a one time deal, so i have to use 2 to get a double cannon, or is it multi-use? thanks for the info.

Hrigg
Jun 6, 2005, 10:02 PM
You can use one to get Lavis Blades, but you must use another to get the Double Cannon. By the Way, good luck finding them.

Kaio666
Jun 6, 2005, 10:16 PM
thanks. that actually brings me to another question, that i was gonna make a new thread, but its best left right here. so here goes. i have 2 characters, i lvl 122 boze that i've been playing with since the GC release and i lvl 62 redria. the drop rate for the lavis on boze is something like 1/18206 fighting gibbles on ultimate, while redria is a 1/22 chance of gettin one from a red slime on ultimate. while both have the potential to be insanely long searches, any opinions on which is quicker?

Mixfortune
Jun 6, 2005, 10:21 PM
Since I take it you're either on GC or XBox, the Redria drop would be better for Lavis Cannon, as you can pipe for rare enemies.

Granted, slimes are probably one of the more annoying enemies to pipe, if you want to split them, anyways. However, you should be able to get it down eventually.

If I recall correctly, Yellowboze has the absolute worst drop for Lavis Cannon.

Blitzkommando
Jun 6, 2005, 10:27 PM
On 2005-06-06 20:21, Mixfortune wrote:
Since I take it you're either on GC or XBox, the Redria drop would be better for Lavis Cannon, as you can pipe for rare enemies.

Granted, slimes are probably one of the more annoying enemies to pipe, if you want to split them, anyways. However, you should be able to get it down eventually.

If I recall correctly, Yellowboze has the absolute worst drop for Lavis Cannon.

Whitill too! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Yes, Redria is the way to go. Even without piping you could easily do any number of quests that have a number of Slimes. Though, I would strongly suggest to split them. If you have online, Towards the Future is not a bad way to go, easily done in less than 15 minutes.

Kaio666
Jun 6, 2005, 10:27 PM
indeed it is cube and thanks for the info. yeah the yellowboze drop is terrible. thanks for the info, its much appreciated.

Kaio666
Jun 6, 2005, 10:30 PM
thanks, i'll be online very soon actually. within two weeks,which will be enough time to get my hucaseal up to a high enough atp stat to weild the thing. thanks again for the info and a good quest suggestion.

Hrith
Jun 7, 2005, 05:18 AM
Whitill and Yellowboze Lavis drop is not that dreadful, I find Greennill much worse :|

Neith
Jun 7, 2005, 06:14 AM
Morfos drop I believe? Off-hand, I think the droprate for Greenill was in the 1/25k region? Compared to the 1/12604 Gibbles drop for Whitill, I'd say Greenill has the worst. PW4 1st floor runs only takes 5 minutes at the most, and you get 3 Gibbles. Morfos just don't seem to appear much anywhere =S

Not that I'd even consider hunting Lavis with Greenill or Whitill, I've been attempting to con Skyly Del-D's out of it. 1/28k drop http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-06-07 04:14 ]</font>

Jason
Jun 7, 2005, 01:23 PM
On 2005-06-07 04:14, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Not that I'd even consider hunting Lavis with Greenill or Whitill, I've been attempting to con Skyly Del-D's out of it. 1/28k drop http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

When I had my Skyly character, I had been doing countless Ruins runs in a quest of Retired Hunter that have a handful of Del-D's. A lot of runs, more than I can count. Like started about lv 130 to lv 140, and still no Lavis Cannon. However, I had other nice things out of doing it. Like EXP, PDs, Delsaber parts, Sacred Cloth, Meteor Cudgel, etc.

I gave that up eventually, and created a Redria character. Got her to Ultimate mode, and obtained my first Lavis Cannon from the 3rd red slime. And later, due to corruptions I had, I no longer have all the sweet stuff that I've achieved. In my first corruption I was lv 156, happened late last year. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Well... good luck with hunting a Lavis with an ID of Skyly if you're going to. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2005-06-07 11:35 ]</font>

Kaio666
Jun 7, 2005, 09:09 PM
well it seems i'm on the right track with the redria then. just need to level her more to survive the hell that can be ultimate caves. and just to be safe once i get one i'll probably keep the character that uses it offline lol.

Genoa
Jun 8, 2005, 03:13 PM
Well, if and when you do get this Lavis Cannon, until you get those 2 Syncesta, I wouldn't tech your Lavis Cannon at all. An un-tekked Lavis Cannon is great. It's Extra Attack launches the weapon itself at the targets and keeps on going (like a Photon Launcher) and it doens't drain your HP for the Extra Attack. If you were to tekk it... You would fire a beam from the Saber that drains your HP and I believe isn't as powerfull as the untekked glitch-like attack. >_> and it doesn't have the Laucher effect either. So... keep untekked! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Scejntjynahl
Jun 8, 2005, 04:04 PM
On 2005-06-08 13:13, MegamanX wrote:
Well, if and when you do get this Lavis Cannon, until you get those 2 Syncesta, I wouldn't tech your Lavis Cannon at all. An un-tekked Lavis Cannon is great. It's Extra Attack launches the weapon itself at the targets and keeps on going (like a Photon Launcher) and it doens't drain your HP for the Extra Attack. If you were to tekk it... You would fire a beam from the Saber that drains your HP and I believe isn't as powerfull as the untekked glitch-like attack. >_> and it doesn't have the Laucher effect either. So... keep untekked! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Will it remain untekked after you use the syncesta?

Blitzkommando
Jun 8, 2005, 04:09 PM
On 2005-06-08 14:04, Scejntjynahl wrote:

On 2005-06-08 13:13, MegamanX wrote:

Will it remain untekked after you use the syncesta?

No it will not. Also, the glich, as stated before, does not work on Plus or PAL versions, just an fyi.

Genoa
Jun 8, 2005, 04:14 PM
On 2005-06-08 14:09, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
No it will not. Also, the glich, as stated before, does not work on Plus or PAL versions, just an fyi.

Oh really... that's unfortunate I suppose >_> hmm... oh well <_<

Jason
Jun 8, 2005, 04:20 PM
A glitch of the untekked special attack of the Lavis Cannon is an invisible beam of the special attack of the tekked one that have the power of a hard attack, and is based on ATA.
Special attack of the tekked Lavis Cannon is a visible beam that is weaker than a hard attack, is not based on ATA and it misses more often.

On the bright side for a tekked Lavis Cannon, is that it makes it a true Lavis Cannon with a beautiful visible beam, and, you can have fun commiting suicide with it.

Kaio666
Jun 8, 2005, 04:35 PM
very interesting info. unfortunately sega lured me in with the few new additions to plus so thats what i'm playing on. i'll just have to stay away from the special attack then.

Kaio666
Jun 8, 2005, 06:17 PM
now that i have caves unlocked. anyone have goog suggestions for the best (single or multiple) quest/quests that i could take offline to find my illusive red slime. in all likelihood i'll just be piping and not worrying about the split. thanks for the help on my hunt guys.

Jason
Jun 8, 2005, 09:05 PM
Addict Food is the best offline quest to pipe for a red slime. As in one room in Cave 2, there are 2 slimes in one room. You can split into 8 of them, 4 from each. Can use Rabarta, or if you're an android, use a weapon with 0 meseta of a Charge special attack as it causes to miss often to split them up.

There's something you need to be aware of. When you're in this room of the 2 slimes, the first thing I'd recommend is to set a pipe. When splitting, you'll have to be careful. As one slime can kill another while it actually try to hit you. Just don't let its eye stare at you.
If one slime got killed, either from you or another slime, and if it dropped any item that is either a rare or regular item like meseta/monomate/monofluid/etc., then you'll have to restart all of this. As if it dropped something and you return in your next pipe, the slime will not have a chance to drop anything and that include a red slime if one appeared.
If one slime got killed, and if it dropped nothing then you can still continue on to your next pipe for the hunt of the legendary Lavis Cannon.

A red slime, like said, is indeed annoying to pipe for.

Edited: If you'll get sick of piping for one with this struggle, do TTF (online quest) that reaches to a handful of slimes quicker each time if you can get online. But one thing: Piping do not work online.

Edited again: Or just keep doing runs of this quest without piping, as you can end up getting other things that aren't too bad and may come upon a Mil Lily to get a Demolition Comet from for example (and hoping for one with good %'s). EXP isn't too bad either.

Good luck! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2005-06-08 19:12 ]</font>