PDA

View Full Version : why the hell is it

Shrevn
Jun 7, 2005, 04:04 PM
so damn hot now... god i hate the summer...
well technically its not summer its "spring" yet its still hot is hell...

InfinityXXX
Jun 7, 2005, 04:06 PM
I feel ya, I feel like i'm about to just melt, i would strip but my mom is home.

(I'm in Oklahoma and i can just imagine how hot it is in Texas or Mexico.)

Daikarin
Jun 7, 2005, 04:07 PM
40 degrees here, folks. And I love it!

digigram
Jun 7, 2005, 07:35 PM
90* + 100% humidity.. I'm begining to hate it here.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jun 7, 2005, 09:02 PM
It's hot because this section of the planet is getting more and more direct sunlight, Since more sunlight is focused onto a smaller area at this angle we get more heat and possibly more light. Since our atmosphere contains about 36% of the solar radiation It stays hot longer.

Guntz348
Jun 7, 2005, 09:06 PM
On 2005-06-07 14:04, Shrevn wrote:

C'mon man how long have you lived on the east coast? It's always like this. Long brutal winters, then one day like a light switch its sweltering outside. Thats gotta be the best part about New England, theres only 2 seasons. Winter and summer, no inbetween time what so ever.

Arislan
Jun 7, 2005, 11:10 PM
Same with Arizona... Although, the city in China I'm in right now could BE Phoenix, minus 98% the Chinese speakers and plus suburbs. Whee, I get to take a vacation from the heat and go to... Another desert.

And Guntz, that album is hardly new anymore. Not that it's not worth listening to (#3 on my list, behind Scenes and Falling), but still...

Hrigg
Jun 7, 2005, 11:16 PM
Heh, it's pretty warm here. Usually 85-90 degrees every day. Heh, I kinda like it warm, but not too warm. I prefer 65-75, but that never happens. =/

Sef
Jun 8, 2005, 12:11 AM
June isn't summer?

Outrider
Jun 8, 2005, 03:15 AM
On 2005-06-07 19:06, Guntz348 wrote:

On 2005-06-07 14:04, Shrevn wrote:

C'mon man how long have you lived on the east coast? It's always like this. Long brutal winters, then one day like a light switch its sweltering outside. Thats gotta be the best part about New England, theres only 2 seasons. Winter and summer, no inbetween time what so ever.

Hey, not all of the east coast is like that!

Here in New York we usually get spring and fall.

Blitzkommando
Jun 8, 2005, 03:23 AM
Gotta love living in the Miami Valley of Ohio... Dayton area for those not in the know. We average higher humidity, more poor air quality days (gotta love living in a valley...), and higher summer temperatures than... Pensacola, Florida... Oh, and more rainy days too... Oh well, if all works out I will be moving back about 10 minutes north of Destin. In any event, summer is great, except when the hot and humid mix, then it just sucks.

Evil_Althena8
Jun 8, 2005, 04:11 AM
yep ohio weather generally sucks. If it isn't summer or late spring, it sucks. Fall and winter are cloudy, miserable, cold, rainy, snowy, and craptastic.

Guntz348
Jun 8, 2005, 08:57 AM
On 2005-06-07 21:10, Arislan wrote:

And Guntz, that album is hardly new anymore. Not that it's not worth listening to (#3 on my list, behind Scenes and Falling), but still...

Yes yes yes I know. I'm lazy and I need to update my sig. I don't even think the promo songs are on the website anymore even http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif They do have a new disc out now called Octavarium though.

On 2005-06-08 01:15, Outrider wrote:

Hey, not all of the east coast is like that!

Here in New York we usually get spring and fall.

Oh yeah for like what one day? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif CT is just as bad as NY, although I suppose you're closer to New Jersey, so that just can't be a good thing. =/

space_butler
Jun 8, 2005, 09:26 AM
can anyone say 'global warming'?

Daikarin
Jun 8, 2005, 12:25 PM
On 2005-06-08 07:26, space_butler wrote:
can anyone say 'global warming'?

'Fatalism sucks'? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

digigram
Jun 8, 2005, 12:33 PM
I live in atlanta. I was feeling heat stroke coming on while helping my friend pack to move away. I have a broken ECM in my car so no power to A/C unit. spent 4-5 hours driving back and forth to random places to "pick stuff up" ..

I don't know how much more i can take of this. I can handle very low humidity (san diego) and 100* F weather, but i can't even handle 70 degrees with 100% humidity.

Genoa
Jun 8, 2005, 02:47 PM
Walking to my friend's house (Sef) is .... pretty hard >_> *points to my Location <<<* Why does the sun have to beam so bright apon my flesh!

digigram
Jun 8, 2005, 07:57 PM
http://img.penny-arcade.com/2004/20040430l.jpg