PDA

View Full Version : The truth behind Luck.

Serge
Feb 22, 2001, 05:29 PM
Luck goes from 0 to 100 and just affect the rate of Critical Blows, it doesn't affect the kind of items you find in the game.
So if you have 80 luck (like me) you have a 80% chance of a C.Blow to happen.

MB
Feb 22, 2001, 07:12 PM
I am sorry, but what exactly is a critical blow? I have always been confused about that
MBlaster

Ambrai
Feb 22, 2001, 07:26 PM
When you hit the mob it does more damadge than usual. for instance if you are doing 78's on a normal attack, you will hear a different sound and will hit for 120.

ragnarok
Feb 22, 2001, 08:33 PM
When you get your mag leveled up then you get better accuracy and put on some armor with marksman/?? item and you can do a critical blow with great accuracy.

Arcadean
Feb 22, 2001, 08:39 PM
I don't think there is a way to raise luck without luck material right?

MB
Feb 22, 2001, 08:41 PM
ahhh now i see.. thanks
MBlaster

Spike
Feb 23, 2001, 12:44 AM
You can raise your luck with a Hero/Ability unit (which I'm lucky enough to have) or similar. I'm also pretty sure there's a unit that raises just your luck but I've never saw one.

QVirus89
Feb 23, 2001, 01:03 AM
How high can Luck get? Luck of 100 would be nice....
Critical Hits/Blows/Whatevers not only do more damage, instead of the normal hit animation, there's two intersecting ring things around where you hit. At least for my Brand-wielding level 21 FOnewm.

Xaken
Feb 23, 2001, 11:54 AM
Does you luck effect you accuracy with special attacks?

Like, if you had 100 luck, will weapons with the HP halving special never miss?

TheGreatOni
Feb 23, 2001, 12:00 PM
It appears to be that way. Also, ice spells seem to encase monsters in ice more. Also, a couple of weapons, when equiped, raise luck. One of em I think is one of the rare smgs

nozedive13
Feb 23, 2001, 01:48 PM
aside from hero/ability, there is god/ability. extremely rare. it boosts everything 30 points, but not over your characters limit

DCKaz
Feb 23, 2001, 03:00 PM
Luck is effectively 10-100.. since everyone starts at 10 (anyone have an example otherwise) and you can't have a modfier reducing Luck.

It's called Technique luck in the manual, so although I have a tendency to think it effects critical hits as well, it very likely has some Technique modifier as well (as suggested, things like freeze effect, and might well effect weapon results similiarly too).

But it's unlikely someone *knows* the difference. Outside having wearable luck modifiers, ideally producing a serious difference (like a group of the best luck items) and accumulating data for criticals, technique effects, and looting.. they're all guesses.

DCKaz