PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: FOnewearl and techs

dotWizard
Jun 8, 2005, 01:39 PM
I have a FOnewearl. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

My spellcasting abilities in normal were great. Combined with a 200 Sato, I went through it easily. I thought that if I could go from Normal to Hard quickly, I could spend my leveling time in Hard Forest, where one monster gives more experience than a pack of monsters in Normal.

However, when I went to Hard, I realized it wouldn't be that easy. Monsters took quite a few spells before going down, sometimes draining my mana to 5/6 on one group (not one room).

My current techniques are 12-14 (all I could buy on my 70 RAmarl). I'm on Blue Burst, so V.Hard+ isn't out yet. How would you go about upgrading my spells or is that the max until beta closes?

Also, if anyone has any leveling tips, I would be happy to hear them. I heard TTF was a good place to level, but I've never been there, under the impression that it isn't available yet.

Thank you.

Ryna
Jun 8, 2005, 01:48 PM
Here are some things you can do enhance your FONewearl's power:
-Eat lots of Mind Mats. This will increase your TP and the amount of damage you do.
-Eat lots of TP Mats - More TP = More spells you can cast
-Find a Club of Laconium - It will increase the damage your Foie does.
-Find a Mace of Adaman - It will increase the damage your Barta does
-Find a Merge - A merge will increase the amount of damage a particular tech/series of techs will do.

Don't be afraid to cast a lot of techs. You can easily make up for the the fluids you are consuming by picking up and selling armors.

Also, remember the tech resistances for each monster so you will minimize the number of casts you will have to do.

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2005, 01:51 PM
as a force, online, you actually depend on a team or you wont have that much fun.
i'd suggest, be careful with upping your attack spells. too much too high is eating through your TP sooner than you can blink.
on supportspells however, the better is the better.

so, fonl are brilliant in cmode if you know how to play them. they excel on bosses and 1on1, but for your everyday room filled with a ton of critters they would do better letting a hunter / ranger kill most stuff.

lemme also add that noone likes nukers. it goes over the eyes after a while.

so... regarding the fact the singleplayer quests in BB are compareable to the offline quests on cube/xbox i'd suggest doing them when you're alone. you'll be stronger / stuff will be weaker there. perfect for a cast-attacking fo.

MT7218
Jun 8, 2005, 01:53 PM
I also believe that lv14 is the maximum level you can buy from the shop, and all that is availble in only Normal and Hard. So yes, your nearly maxed out for techs for the beta.

dotWizard
Jun 8, 2005, 02:11 PM
it goes over the eyes after a while.

Does that mean...the effects hurt the eyes or no one wants to play with an overnuker? I've never heard that phrase before. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I guess I have to wait until beta ends to farm spells with my RAmarl.

I've stayed away from single-player quests, because most of them seem like busy-work (go here, get that, eat this, braid hair, etc). I'll take a look.

Thanks.

As for materials, I haven't used any for fear that I find the need to max stats later. I guess I could start keeping track of what materials I use. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna
Jun 8, 2005, 02:18 PM
On 2005-06-08 12:11, dotWizard wrote:

it goes over the eyes after a while.

Does that mean...the effects hurt the eyes or no one wants to play with an overnuker? I've never heard that phrase before. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Rena-ko means that playing with a nuker can get really old and that a FO should remember to support the team.

As for materials, I haven't used any for fear that I find the need to max stats later. I guess I could start keeping track of what materials I use. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Unless the stats were significantly rebalanced from PSOX/GC PSO, a FOnl cannot achieve max stats. It is usually recommended that a FO consume 150 mind mats.

dotWizard
Jun 8, 2005, 02:26 PM
Oh, I almost never nuke in groups. Shifta/Deband/Zalure/Resta take up most of my time. I was talking about how I was weak soloing.

Unless the stats were significantly rebalanced from PSOX/GC PSO, a FOnl cannot achieve max stats. It is usually recommended that a FO consume 150 mind mats.

Maxing or getting as close as I can. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I don't know if lv. 200 is difficult to get, but for FOnewearl, max MST - lv. 200 MSt is 550. 300 MST from my mag. 250. That leaves 125 mind mats. 25 to go wherever.

My question is: is lv. 200 painful?

Ryna
Jun 8, 2005, 02:32 PM
On 2005-06-08 12:26, dotWizard wrote:
My question is: is lv. 200 painful?

It requires a lot of time and motivation to get to level 200. It is not something you can do overnight.

If you are an extremely dedicated player, it will take several months at least.

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2005, 03:03 PM
for maxing out a fonl...

its really easy actually - at least maxing the stats that really count:

150 mind mats, a mag with at least 185 mind.
4 units that raise HP, 125 HP mats.

there, youre set.

now you only need a summit moon and an elemental merge for each episode.
ep1 would be red merge, where as ep2 would be dominated by enemies that are weak to barta class techs. with the exception for gal da val where i'd suggest a yellow merge.
seabed however - megid galore. and you'll love the natural penetrating megid on a fonl. esp online.

did i shoot overboard? i guess, i just love fonls.

dotWizard
Jun 8, 2005, 03:39 PM
I'm sure you have hunted for barriers and amplifiers before. I was wondering if you had luck in Normal games in Mines and Ruins, or should I just wait for V.Hard+ to hunt for them?

The item database and guides haven't told me anything about chances in different difficulties. :I

It'd be nice if I could just do Normal runs for them in boxes.

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2005, 04:08 PM
you'll have to go through hell to collect a full set of colour merges. not to mention all the others. there was a reason why i leveled my first fomarl as my fourth char.

Russian
Jun 8, 2005, 07:32 PM
Rena-ko means that playing with a nuker can get really old and that a FO should remember to support the team.

See, this is something I don't get. FOnewms are not built for support. I do try and S/D the party, keep people healed, etc, but FOnewms are not very good at support, nor do I think I should be forced into the role of a Supporter just because I'm a Force.

When I go into a room with a party, I'll blast the room, but I try not to steal exp from the party. I try to crowd control, reduce enemy HP, and then support the party as they mop up. What's wrong with that?

Tycho
Jun 8, 2005, 07:58 PM
On 2005-06-08 17:32, Russian wrote:

See, this is something I don't get. FOnewms are not built for support. I do try and S/D the party, keep people healed, etc, but FOnewms are not very good at support, nor do I think I should be forced into the role of a Supporter just because I'm a Force.

When I go into a room with a party, I'll blast the room, but I try not to steal exp from the party. I try to crowd control, reduce enemy HP, and then support the party as they mop up. What's wrong with that?

Well, two things.

- Your support will be worth more to the team than nuking in the long run
- Damage cancel

Russian
Jun 8, 2005, 08:00 PM
On 2005-06-08 17:58, Tycho wrote:

On 2005-06-08 17:32, Russian wrote:

Well, two things.

- Your support will be worth more to the team than nuking in the long run
- Damage cancel

Yes, this was mentioned to me in the 'FOnewm hate' topic I created in the general forum. So, basically what you're saying is, the natural advantages of a FOnewm are entirely pointless in an online game?

Ryna
Jun 8, 2005, 08:17 PM
On 2005-06-08 18:00, Russian wrote:
Yes, this was mentioned to me in the 'FOnewm hate' topic I created in the general forum. So, basically what you're saying is, the natural advantages of a FOnewm are entirely pointless in an online game?

They can be useful sometimes, but FOnewearls are better in almost all online gameplay situations.