PDA

View Full Version : BGM List/Idola

Xero_Silvera
Jun 9, 2005, 11:10 PM
Well, I wish I would have made this post when I had a full list, but unfortionately I only recently started playing again. (Just hit ult yesterday at 52, yay! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) Anywho, I was looking through my very incomplete BGM TEST screen and I was wondering what part of the game every song belonged to.. I want to make a list of background music and where in the game these songs are heard. Alot of people should have a completed BGM list, so additions in the right order and any information about these would be appreciated so I can complete a list. I did a search on this and didnt find much and I see no guides, so meh, figured I'd contribute something.. even if it is small and only slightly interesting. NOTE: I'm looking for gamecube/xbox/pc (if all three share the same music) and if you list a song that is only found online make a note of it.

Aside from the compilation of songs and whereabouts, I see a few songs in the list have a reoccuring name in them, "IDOLA". I did a brief search on IDOLA and discovered a new boss theme for ep 4 has the same name in it, although I didn't find the exact title. Anyone know who IDOLA is, or want to take a guess? o.o I can't quite place the cube idola songs 'pray, for idola the distorted' and 'Cry, for idola the holy', but I wonder if there is a relation to where they play.

There are 49 BGM songs (offline gamecube)
1:A song for eternal story (played at title screen)
2:OPENING THEME -The whole new world- (played during video while letting game idle at title screen, also played during video before character creation screen)
3:Prenotion (Played after hitting start on title screen all the way until you choose a character and enter the loading screen)
4:Image of a hero
5:Day Dawns
6:Pioneer2 (Played in P2, obviously)
7:Crossing3084 (played in hunter's guild)
8:Healing (played in hospital)
9:Chaotic Bar (played in three shop/tekker area.. EP1)
10:Codes of Silence (Played in principle's office)
11:Mother earth of dishonesty, PART1 (played in forest 1)
12:Mother earth of dishonesty, PART2 (played in forest 2)
13:Growl, from the depths of the earth (played during dragon fight)
14:The kink in the wind and the way PART1 (played in caves 1)
15:The kink in the wind and the way PART2 (played in caves 2 & 3)
16:From seeing the rough wave (played in del rol lie fight)
17:Empty space out of control PART1(played in mines 1)
18:Empty space out of control PART2 (played in mines2)
19:The crazy program (played during vol opt boss fight)
20:You have nowhere to go (played during vol opt second form?)
21:revolution to the origin PART1
22:revolution to the origin PART2
23:The nearest place to heaven PART1 (Played in grassy monument meadow before releasing dervants of falz)
24:The nearest place to heaven PART2 (played after releasing numerous dervants, before falz 1st form)
25:Pray, for IDOLA the distorted (played during falz 1st & 2nd form?)
26: Cry, for IDOLA the holy (played during falz 3rd form?)
27:
28:Versus2 -A longing to ancient times-
29:Valentine (played instead of 'chaotic bar' during quest for husband/wife?)
30:
31:after the story1
32:
33:Can still see the light -ENDING THEME-
34:The whole new world -EPISODE 2-
34:Silent Palace (played in the lab?)
35:A longing to ancient times PART1 (played in temple1?)
36:A longing to ancient times PART2 (played in temple2?)
37:
38:
39:
40:
41:
42:
43:
44:
45:
46:
47:
48:
49:

Thanks in advance, sorry if this has been done before, I really suck at searching forums for whatever reason.
-xero

Getintothegame
Jun 10, 2005, 12:54 AM
IDOLA, The Fanatic Viper. If you have Blue Burst, it's slbgm_boss09b.ogg in your data/ogg folder.

I love Firefox and dictionaries:
IDOLA:
Idolum I*do"lum, Idolon I*do"lon, n.; pl. Idola. [L. See Idol; cf. Eidolon.]
Appearance or image; a phantasm; a spectral image; also, a mental image or idea.

Cry/Pray, for IDOLA the Distorted/Holy in Episode 1
IDOLA have the Immortal Feather/Divine Blade in Episode 2
IDOLA, The Strange Fruits in Episode 3
IDOLA, The Fanatic Viper in Episode 4

Now... as for your list of music. You're missing Can Still See the light, and all but 2 of the Episode 2 music.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-06-09 22:55 ]</font>

Neith
Jun 10, 2005, 06:53 AM
Edit: nevermind, sorted it out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-06-10 04:56 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Jun 10, 2005, 11:08 AM
Well I don't know the name of the song, but there's that weird one when you find the chao in the fake in yellow...

Xero_Silvera
Jun 10, 2005, 11:18 AM
Ah. I'v never played Ep3, and my japanese BB never ran correctly.. Although the graphics were great the one time i logged in. So in BB and EP3 is falz still around or what? I mean you cant base a game off a massive evil and kill him dead in the first ep, can you? o.o Whats the story behind that big worm boss in ep4 that has three different graphics? I guess Idola may be referring to either falz or all of the prime evils in the game. If anyone can fill in some info on where the songs above are found or list some ones I dont have it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks-

-xero

Getintothegame
Jun 10, 2005, 10:04 PM
I was supposed to be the big storyline man for this one, but I can't remember much from Episode 3 right now. I believe that Falz is dead, and that Amplam, Pollux and Castor (and the HUmar) decended from Falz.

In Episode 3 and 4, (and 2), Falz is Dead.

Going on, Saintemillion is from the meteor which crashed into Ragol. Not quite sure about the story on this one, either, but we'll know soon enough.

And in your music list, if I have time later tonight, I'll give you the complete list. Note that none of the special event BGM is in the list, eg. valentines day, finding the chao, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-06-10 20:07 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Jun 10, 2005, 11:20 PM
The New Year's music is called Zarathustra. (The one that is also used in 2001)

Xero_Silvera
Jun 11, 2005, 08:58 PM
A meteor crashed into ragol? So that's the crater in pictures I saw. I'd greatly appreciate a list of the rest of the ones I don't have, anyone who can contribute. Also feel free to add where they are played in the game if you know, I listed a few with question marks, I'm not entirely sure about those. Thanks again,
-Xero

GyroidFanatic
Jun 11, 2005, 10:43 PM
On 2005-06-10 20:04, Getintothegame wrote:
I was supposed to be the big storyline man for this one, but I can't remember much from Episode 3 right now. I believe that Falz is dead, and that Amplam, Pollux and Castor (and the HUmar) decended from Falz.

In Episode 3 and 4, (and 2), Falz is Dead.

According to episode 3:

*OBVIOUS EP3 SPOILERS*

Falz grew stronger each time he/she was defeated (which referst to all the Ruins runs everyone did). Eventually, after Episode 2, Rico and Flowen's minds synchromized and created an explosion, destroying both Falz and Olga for good, creating the Germ and Endu (the HUmar), and also wiping out DF Cells and infected beings. Pollux and Castor came from the Arkz's leader's attempts at reviving his daughter(s).

*OBVIOUS EP3 SPOILERS*