PDA

View Full Version : John Q...

Sedyne
Aug 3, 2002, 08:23 PM
I just watched this movie. It has to be one of the saddest most heartwearming movies i've ever watched. Who here has seen it? I don't want to spoil anything for those who havn't but if you anyone who has had cancer in the past or similar situations this movie will bring back some memories that you'll never forget. I must say everyone should see this movie. The depth of how far the father was going to go just to save his child. It makes you really think about who in this world is important. As well as how far you would go to take care of them. I can only name so many i'd do the same for.

-Sed

Ness
Aug 4, 2002, 09:02 AM
Umm. I don't like those kind of movies.

Shadow_Blade
Aug 4, 2002, 09:32 AM
Is it one of those LifeTime movies, aimed towards single mothers? ^_^;

Ness
Aug 4, 2002, 09:55 AM
On 2002-08-04 07:32, Shadow_Blade wrote:
Is it one of those LifeTime movies, aimed towards single mothers? ^_^;

Possibly. Do you wear a dress by any chance, Sed?

Meteor
Aug 4, 2002, 10:54 AM
This movie got absoloutely panned by the English critics.... kooky

BaronLaw
Aug 4, 2002, 03:34 PM
The movie had an interesting premise but became unbelievable at a certain point. Everything was resolved in a way that was too convenient to be convincing.

BaronLaw

Russta
Aug 4, 2002, 05:01 PM
Sedyne - yet another poor victim of randy Abdur

ABDUR101
Aug 4, 2002, 05:21 PM
On 2002-08-04 15:01, Russta wrote:
Sedyne - yet another poor victim of randy Abdur

...what?

I've never heard of the movie John Q before Sedyne posted about it..hmm. I'll have to try to rent it.

gypsy
Aug 4, 2002, 06:52 PM
I mentioned it to you ages ago Abdur...when I saw it in the cinema.

I loved the film http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And film critics are total fucking idiots...you'd be better off ignoring them.

ABDUR101
Aug 4, 2002, 06:59 PM
On 2002-08-04 16:52, gypsy wrote:
I mentioned it to you ages ago Abdur...when I saw it in the cinema.

Teh hell.. o_O;

...wow..damn...guess we'll just add that to the "Bitch Slap Abdur" file. >_>

Sedyne
Aug 5, 2002, 12:42 PM
NO! It is not a GAYASS LIFETIME MOVIE! It's with Denzel Washington and his child who's very ill and his insurance compay won't pay for it and all this crap so he basically locks down the ermgency room and takes a bunch of hostages cuz the doctors are assholes. It's a touching movie, unbelievable...yes because most likely...he wouldnt be able to pull half that shit off but i thought it was a good movie in itself. so =P. And yeah sometimes i do get a kick out of wearing a dres, ness =P thehehe jk

Bootilicus
Aug 5, 2002, 01:05 PM
I haven't seen John Q..but I have been wanting to.

Not like this has anything to do with the subject..but I saw a movie this weekend...kind of older...called Intersection..had Richard Gere and Sharon Stone in it. It was about a guy who fell out of love with him wife..met another woman..he left his wife..new chic wanted to be with him totally..but the guy was still questioning in his mind about why things with his wife didn't turn out. Needless to say, near the end of the movie he figured out how much he loved the new chic and he was ready to make a life long committment to her but then he got into a car accident and died! It was so freakin sad!

ABDUR101
Aug 5, 2002, 04:31 PM
On 2002-08-05 11:05, Bootilicus wrote:
Not like this has anything to do with the subject..but I saw a movie this weekend...kind of older...called Intersection..had Richard Gere and Sharon Stone in it. It was about a guy who fell out of love with him wife..met another woman..he left his wife..new chic wanted tobe with him totally..but the guy was still questioning in his mind about why things with his wife didn't turn out. Needless to say, near the end of the movie he figured out how much he loved the new chic and he was ready to make a life long committment to her but then he got into a car accident and died! It was so freakin sad!

...and that's how you spoil a movie that no one has seen before. o_O