PDA

View Full Version : The PSOW chat op, Umipixie. Yay or nay?

Mag_Launcher
Aug 4, 2002, 09:13 AM
I want to know what you people think about this person. I bet she treated other people like crap, and if she did, I wanna know.
And for the hell of it, I would like to toss in the idea of requesting that she be de-opped due to her abusive actions. So if any mods are reading this, please take this request into consideration.

Shadow_Blade
Aug 4, 2002, 09:30 AM
I don't go into the chat rooms much...

Ness
Aug 4, 2002, 09:57 AM
Me neither.

ABDUR101
Aug 4, 2002, 04:48 PM
YAY!

...how abusive is this ev0r person?! I say we all form a mob and go...do unspeakable things to them.

Yes...let's do that. =O

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 4, 2002, 05:12 PM
Meow, did you happen to break any of the chat rules?

Alisha
Aug 4, 2002, 05:54 PM
heh well umi is nice to me so methinks you musta did something bad

watashiwa
Aug 4, 2002, 06:28 PM
umi's a nice girl. You probably did something wrong.

Alisha
Aug 4, 2002, 06:41 PM
imagine that me and wata agree on something =P

umipixie
Aug 4, 2002, 07:55 PM
I don't believe I have seen a rant about a channel op for a long, long time now ^^

I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that it is, in fact, *illegal* to *slander* a specific person (and that includes calling them a "bit**" or a "power abusing bit**", et cetera, whether here on this forum or on IRC). That being said, it's also just plain uncalled for. And since IRC is *not real life* and it is highly unlikely I would take such name-calling so personally as to actually pursue legal action against someone, the end result of such slander is usually a ban from the channel.

The reason this person was banned from the channel is because he decided to call me a variety of unsavory names. Why did he do this? Who knows...it seemed to stem from a joke aimed at someone else in the channel that he assumed I was shooting at him. A temporary kick-ban was placed, and just as I was about to remove the ban (about 2 minutes later), I received an EXTREMELY offensive message from this person in which he called me a lot of things I am not inclined to repeat on an all-ages forum. ^^ I then informed him that it was perhaps not the best idea to continue insulting me if he wished to have his name removed from the ban list. His response, of course, was further vulgarity. At this point, I informed him he was welcome to come back to the channel whenever he decided to stop insulting me. His response to this was calling me even more names and messaging several other members of the channel, trying to get them to say nasty things about me as well...but as any of you who know me are aware, I am a reasonably easygoing person, not just some kick-happy freak. Needless to say, no one he messaged would agree with him. I don't kick or ban people unless they do something to deserve it, and as far as I'm concerned, calling someone names and trying to instigate a conspiracy to harass that person is definately deserving of a ban.

Furthermore, I feel like it's pretty immature to form a "poll" in which I am basically targetted for harassment. And as I'm sure all of you know, harassment is also illegal.

If you have something you want to say to me, leave it out of a public forum...it's no one's business who you decide to insult and harass on IRC and it's no one's business how that person decides to handle your immaturity. Private disagreements should be kept just that....private. That's all. ^^

<3 alisha & wata ^^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: umipixie on 2002-08-04 17:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: umipixie on 2002-08-04 19:22 ]</font>

superlime
Aug 4, 2002, 08:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA.

*deep breath*

Okay. Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'd like to take this chance to say that YOU ALL SUCK. This being my erm.. third post to the boards, and surprisingly similar to my first post. Lets check out some stats here:

superlime is either insane or just a fair op, kicking a total of 208 people!
superlime's faithful follower, umipixie, kicked about 18 people.
(-- http://www.superlime.com/psow)
Okay. As you can see from these stats, I have about 10x as many kicks as umi in the channel. Do I get ranted about on the board? *NO* Not even mentioned *ONCE*. WTF IS UP WITH YOU PEOPLE! I try and I try and I try to abuse my power, but no one ever takes notice of me. 218 KICKS IN UNDER 3 WEEKS AND NO RANTS ABOUT SUPERLIME. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Another topic. There isn't really anyone for you to "suggest umi be deopped" to other than Umi, Myself, eRUPT, or Watashiwa (the administrators of the channel). Being that Umi is my girlfriendand I run the bots, being that eRUPT won't be around to do anything for 32 more months, and being that watashiwa thinks umi is funny as hell, I doubt that's going to happen. Sega does not oversee us, so you cannot "turn us in to our managers". No, you do not have free speech rights on #psow. Private forums are subject to their own rules and regulations, and if you don't like that no one is forcing you to stay in there.

Lastly, ye gods people.. At least make an attempt to be civil. The reason this person was kicked and subsequently banned is because they were making an a$$ of themselves. I'm not trying to justify our actions, as I am in no way required to do that. I'm just trying to say that if you don't want to be kicked/banned, DON'T BE AN A$$. Seems simple to me.

And in closing (again), how come no one ever complains about me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif You guys have no heart. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I think I'mma go cry to my bots. :~(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: superlime on 2002-08-04 18:29 ]</font>

umipixie
Aug 4, 2002, 08:34 PM
That superlime guy is SO MEAN! >:|

(do you feel better now, lime?) ^^

pixelate
Aug 4, 2002, 09:14 PM
Yes, private matter should stay private. Bringing them public means you're desperate to get people on your side.

Never met the person, rarely go to chat, so I have no opinion about 'em. I just know I was once asked if I was umipixie. >_>

ABDUR101
Aug 4, 2002, 09:44 PM
....so..wait...no mob? =(

watashiwa
Aug 4, 2002, 09:50 PM
Let's make this the first poll to be locked because, face it, there's no point in it.

Mwahahahahahaa!