PDA

View Full Version : Percents

ViX_legend
Jun 12, 2005, 01:08 PM
Doing Mines, Purplenum, Offline, I found a pair of ??? Vulcans with 85% on a. beast. I tekked them and made them Dim Vulcans with 95%. Anyway heres he problem, me and a friend were testing how much more damage they would do in caves. I gave him Kings Vulcans with 0% a. beast. He equiped each of them and looked at the damage. It was exactly the same. Now I'm not a genius but wouldn't having 100% on something make it do 2 times the damage? 95% should add SOMETHING to the damage done. Help~

GyroidFanatic
Jun 12, 2005, 01:17 PM
It adds 95% of the weapon's ATP. If it gave +200 ATP, against A.Beast it would be +490. Since Mechs give low ATP boosts, it's not really that good. Maybe a plus +20 ATP bonus compared to other enemies.

ViX_legend
Jun 12, 2005, 01:23 PM
Yes but that would mean SOME difference in damage done wouldn't it?

Fossil
Jun 12, 2005, 01:26 PM
... absolutely no difference? That doesn't seem right...

Xero_Silvera
Jun 12, 2005, 01:31 PM
Some of the same enemies have varying stats, and because of the rapid firing rate of a mech, you may want to continue testing. Your damage will be higher, but as stated above, just not enough to make a difference. Congrats on a 95% anything, shame it's less of a find than a 20% to hit.

Quo
Jun 12, 2005, 03:18 PM
On 2005-06-12 11:23, ViX_legend wrote:
Yes but that would mean SOME difference in damage done wouldn't it?

Not really. Run some numbers through the damage calculator and behold the insignificance of small quantities of ATP.

Damage from mechs comes primarily from a characters base ATP. Since percents only consider the weapon's ATP, %s on most mechguns are mostly pointless (except hit%). Back on DC though. . .

Blitzkommando
Jun 12, 2005, 03:29 PM
Yes, Mechguns are the worst items to have high percents (other than hit of course) in the game. The only mechguns that "might" notice a difference would be the Guld-Milla and Ophile Seize. Other lesser rare mechguns such as Yasminkov 9000M and Red Mechgun might also see a difference of... just a couple damage points.

Even more powerful weapons don't necessarily do "craploads" more damage with high perecents. My best example is my Guilty Light. It has 100% Machine (dammit why not the milla XD). Anyway, I do on average, about 50 or so more damage points more than with a 0% Machine, in mines of course. Yet my rather low persent Yasminkov 3000R does about the same difference, with only 25% machine. Like Quo stated, the base power is what controls the outcome of the percents. On V3 and V4 that is... V1 and V2... well, those could be rather insane with percents. Ehehehe

ViX_legend
Jun 12, 2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks for your help everyone. Kind of a disapointment but its not really a concern. I wasn't planning on using the mechs regularly, just was a cool find which i thought would be a bit better. Thanks again