PDA

View Full Version : How much longer am I gonna have this cough!?!?

Hrigg
Jun 13, 2005, 12:10 AM
I've had a cough for two weeks. =/ Yeah, it's not fun. Especially whenever it just keeps getting worse and worse. My dad works in the day, so he can't take me to the doctor, and my mom, is sick right now, so I can't really see a doctor.
The cough continues to get worse everyday, gradually getting worse and worse. It also, keeps on getting more annoying.
I've taken cough medicines, but it doesn't seem to be doing much. =/

The cough is cutting into my social life too. Just earlier today, I missed out on a chance of going to a friend's house because my mom said my cough was too much. Last week when I barely had a cough she wouldn't let me go to a different friend's house. She said I can over to the places when I get rid of my cough... but when the hell is it gonna go away!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 13, 2005, 12:59 AM
Aiye.
Is it asthma related?
I read that asthma is one of the most claimed illnesses filed for in terms of health insurance. It costs bundles to help everyone out.

I haven't had breathing problems, so I can't sympathize with you there, but I hope you can feel better within a modicum of time.

Other than that, I can suggest to stay hydrated. Lots of water. Vitamins. Etc.

ai_no_usagi
Jun 13, 2005, 01:45 AM
could be bronchitis, in which you'll probably HAVE to go to the doctor and get this little inhaler and some pills. I had a cough for about 2 weeks as well, and I took robitussion out the ass, but it didn't help. I eventually had to go to the doctor, and it was bronchitis, which it seems doesn't get better on its own. do you/your parents smoke? if it's that, it's probably caused by thst. I'd recommend making an appointment in the morning so your dad can take you before work.

CupOfCoffee
Jun 13, 2005, 02:03 AM
When I was in 8th grade, I missed over two months of school from having bronchitis and pertussis (whooping cough) at the same time. When I was a baby they tried to give me the pertussis vaccination, but I had a horrible allergic reaction, so I was never really protected against it. To make a long story short, I basically had the worst case of it in history, and combined with the bronchitis, it sucked hard core.

So I know how you feel. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Blitzkommando
Jun 13, 2005, 02:59 AM
Strep can also cause coughing. I should know, I had strep for several months straight. It had progressed so bad that I was having difficulty breathing and eating due to the size of the tonsils. The doctors were afraid to remove them however because they were so infected. Eventually they did remove both my tonsils and adenoids. All I can say is, try to get to a doctor.

Wyndham
Jun 13, 2005, 03:14 AM
I used to get a horrible cough every year.
but ever since we moved aaway from the pllution im fine.

Hrigg
Jun 13, 2005, 09:44 AM
I do have slight asthma, and my mom has it.

No one in my house smokes.

I had all my vacinations when I was a wee lad. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It's probably bronchitis, but I'm waiting for someone to take me to the doctor to get some meds.

Where I live it's not polluted, so it's not that.

Well, I'll be waiting for her to take me to the doctor. -_-

Jett_Kakashi
Jun 13, 2005, 10:05 AM
Thats all I can say. Wait for a doctor. Im surprised I havnt gotten anything strange. I live on a millitary base, and out in the fields they fire off artiilery and test chemical weapons. And somedays, the wind can gust badly here. >_<

Jive18
Jun 13, 2005, 11:07 AM
On 2005-06-13 07:44, Hrigg wrote:
I do have slight asthma, and my mom has it.

No one in my house smokes.

I had all my vacinations when I was a wee lad. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It's probably bronchitis, but I'm waiting for someone to take me to the doctor to get some meds.

Where I live it's not polluted, so it's not that.

Well, I'll be waiting for her to take me to the doctor. -_-

I feel your pain Hrigg. Bronchitis sucks so much, and I am lucky enough to get it at least once a year. This past year I missed 2 weeks of school because my doctor thought my Bronchitis was actually Mono, even though I knew it wasn't because I am so (unfortunately) experienced in having Bronchitis. Plus, it hurts like hell http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

I imagine you might be getting better soon, because after a few weeks it dies down somewhat, at least for me.

Daikarin
Jun 13, 2005, 01:23 PM
Whenever I had extreme coughing sessions, my mother forced me to swallow some bee honey. Try it, it really works.