PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice the total lack of PSO magazine coverage I

Pogle
Aug 4, 2002, 12:50 PM
This really, really, REALLY annoys me. Really. Just browsing through my magazines over the past few months, I have noticed that there is next to nothing to do with Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II.

As an example- the latest edition of Edge magazine- somehow they had completely managed to miss the fact that PSO has had a name change.

What is even worse though, is the coverage from Nintendo Official Magazine, who can 'ahem' reveal that;

There are 'two' new characters (and even though they only state two in the text, they include a picture of the third one...) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif
And there are two quests, exclusive to the
GameCube version.

So from now on, I only ever check the internet for news. Anyone else completely and utterly annoyed by this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pogle on 2002-08-04 10:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pogle on 2002-08-04 10:52 ]</font>

Russta
Aug 4, 2002, 02:20 PM
Nope, infact I love the lack of coverage. You see, ODM even admit they underated the game at 9/10 instead of giving it 10/10 because they didn't realise the longevity of it. I truely don't believe any magazine can give it the true coverage PSO deserves. Beleive what you like but PSO will always be a "cult" game.

Curlylove
Aug 4, 2002, 02:36 PM
Yes i agree that there is next to nothing!
when we do get info on games it is very late
or they get it totally wrong! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Curlylove on 2002-08-04 12:37 ]</font>

Pogle
Aug 4, 2002, 02:38 PM
I suppose really that's why people love PSO as much as they do- no matter how long you may have been playing for (and Yuji Naka of Sonic Team has claimed that some Japanese players have reached a total playing time of 3,000 hours) you keep discovering new things- I'm suprised the game actually got released in the end, because of all the things they have put in it!

Curlylove
Aug 4, 2002, 03:00 PM
3,000 hours? man! thats alot of pso.

OrionSunstar
Aug 4, 2002, 04:38 PM
been there, done that, got the bags under my eyes to prove it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I miss those PSO days

Yosho
Aug 4, 2002, 07:51 PM
hello Pogle, didnt know you posted here lol

Neogame2
Aug 5, 2002, 07:07 AM
what would be cool is if you could subscribe to a pso gamer magazine only for the players, Wot lvl does 3000 hrs give you if ur not 200?

Wewt
Aug 5, 2002, 07:33 AM
3000 hours doesn't mean you have to be any level. I've done 3000 hours myself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif yet leveling is my least played game mode in the past 6 months.

Sedyne
Aug 5, 2002, 08:11 AM
My total gaming time with Sedyne was 1097hours . that's up to today. However i also had my FOmarl Meghan who had about 98 hours and a RAmar Rane who had about 200 hours however my little brother usually used him alot more, but i played with it about 1/3rd of the time. pretty crazy what pso does to you huh.

Malkavian
Aug 5, 2002, 08:59 AM
I played 3000 hours too, counting v1 and v2

Russta
Aug 5, 2002, 09:15 AM
If you need proof of how bad the the quality of PSO coverage is over here, just dig up the old ODM's with the guides to PSO in them. I still cringe when I read them today.

Pogle
Aug 5, 2002, 09:54 AM
This is what I love about the PSO World forum- somewhere, in every topic, we always manage to change the subject at one point or another!

Pogle
Aug 6, 2002, 05:06 AM
Aaargh! This is getting worse! The latest issue of CVG magazine have topped the lot for the most useless PSO coverage.

Before, I thought it was only the newspapers (Daily Mail springs to mind) that didn't have a clue what they were on about (I can vaguely recall one newspaper saying that all you had to do in Resident Evil was wonder around a garden maze with a chainsaw- er...) but now if it's not a Final Fantasy or Mario game, neither do the game magazines.

Once again, it was another magazine which had missed the whole PSO name change thing. According to CVG it is now called Phantasy Star Online I & II. Right...

Also the Pioneer 2 will remain the same (do they EVER do their research!?) and one of the screenshots feature four players against a Savage Wolf with the caption-

"Four players take on a tough enemy"

What? I have I missed something here? I usually do not associate the words 'Savage Wolf' and 'tough' together. This is just getting stupid now!

Wewt
Aug 6, 2002, 07:53 AM
Call me slow but, has there even been an announcement for a PAL version of GameCube PSO?