PDA

View Full Version : FOneweral

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 02:02 PM
Whats the best armor, weapon, etc for a FOneweral? I looked at the charts, but im not sure whats useful for them.

Im offline in Plus version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-15 18:10 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jun 15, 2005, 02:09 PM
fomarls are..

support tanks.
decent in melee.
bad attack casters besides grants, but who the hell uses grants anyway http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

get her attribute wall, aura field, 3 cure and 1 good hp unit(s).
50h charge mechs go well on her.
the inferno bazooka is nifty, but not really usefull.

given you have 3 seperate mags (powdex, mind, mix) you can actually put good use into any weapon she can equip.

however, foml is sort of like a queen that lets her minions kill things for her. she just casts support, and voila. 125 HP as well as TP mats suit her well as well.

anything else?

Dana
Jun 15, 2005, 02:09 PM
she's slow....very with double sabers and partisand IMO(but uber with Inferno bazookza)

her stats are kinda low which is why she maxs out so easy so max out every thing, but this isn't a good thing

she looks cool and has uber support techs and at higher levels is fun with weapons with major hit% and shifta/deband/zalure/jellen.....about as strong as not shifta Hunewearl-i think...don't quote me?

with a god/battle she isn't as bad but her slicer animations and mech animation are fine.

as she goes with techs...she isn't boosted in anything exept grant(attack techs)but how often do you use grants?????

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 02:15 PM
Hmm, so Grants isnt useful? I woul think that would be a good attack with bosses like Dark Falz and such.

How would you compare her to a FOmar?

Also; does she still have that uber retarded handgun animation like she did in PSO Ver 1 on the DC? Where she sort of shoots, and almost hits herself in the face on recoil?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-15 12:21 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Jun 15, 2005, 02:28 PM
Grants is useful on... Hidelts and that is almost the extent to which there are enemies weak to Light. Though, find her a Caduceus and with her already insane Grants you could feasibly be doing about 650 damage online and possibly 1000 offline to Hidelts. Now that is fun. However, for Falz there is only one technique that is needed, Foie. Which is why a FOnewearl can absolutely tear Falz to shreds. It is fast, and matches Falz' resistances much better than Grants.

Yes she still has the very dumb Handgun animation.

And as for comparing her to a FOmar, well, personally I think of it as personal choice. FOmar has superior ATP and MST. But FOmarl has the HP and ATA. FOmarl is also extremely easy to max stats. FOmar you have to tinker around to find out how you would do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2005-06-15 12:29 ]</font>

Skorpius
Jun 15, 2005, 02:28 PM
FOmarls are Melee Forces. Best used solo anyway.

Give her a Multiple Hit, Single Target weapon (Twin, Swords) and a Single Hit, Multiple Target weapon (Partisan, Slicer).

Thier Twin animation is slow, but the Swords animation is normal.
Partisan animation is slow, Slicer animation is good.

A Devil/Battle, or better, can undo the slow animation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-06-15 12:31 ]</font>

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 02:32 PM
Now how would you rate a FOneweral for offline? Mainly Solo, but possibly for multiplayer as well. I remember using one before, loads of damage on normal attacks (Foie, Zonde, Barta), but i dont recall ever getting Megid; is it a useful attack?

And do you know anything about the FOnewerals attack animations? I think she can use the Grass Assasin sabers, Inferno Bazooka, and the double saber.

Ack, i hated that animation with the gun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-15 12:33 ]</font>

darkholemind
Jun 15, 2005, 02:39 PM
On 2005-06-15 12:28, Skorpius wrote:
FOmarls are Melee Forces. Best used solo anyway.

Give her a Multiple Hit, Single Target weapon (Twin, Swords) and a Single Hit, Multiple Target weapon (Partisan, Slicer).

Sorry to disagree, but I think not....Go with a FOmar anyday, soloing at least.

To be effiecient you would need at least a God/Battle, and a few God/Power on her. Yes they are absolutely amazing meleeing characters, but that's when they reach the 150+ level. If you want to take the countless thousands of hours to get there soloing then do it. Now if you have somebody you can play with regularly then go with the FOmarl, but the time it takes me to a Ult. Forest run, vs. the time it takes me to do one with my brother is about a quarter.

They aren't bad soloing, there are just better choices. And once they hit there peak of soloing ability, you've already gotten used to support play. If you play with someone regularly, the go ahead, but if you solo, there are better choices.....FOmar being the better choice. And he can easily match her ATA with a few God/Arms, allowing you to make a straight Power/Mind mag. I personally don't have any Arm units, but my Rukmin on my FOmar has stats of 10/75/40/75 and he does perfectly fine. My FOmarl hits everything this everything she attacks, this is true. But she is too slow with her Double Saber, and what's the point in slicers once you have a group of five enemies rushing towards you? If I could equip muy Flight Cutter to her, I'd be doing some damage, but I can't, and I don't have the resources to get a Rainbow Baton at the moment. SOOOO, If I were you, I'd go with a FOmar, if you have someone else that will play with you on a regular basis, go with FOmarl.

Blitzkommando
Jun 15, 2005, 02:44 PM
Megid is generally considered useful after you have obtained level 25+. After that, a FOnewearl can solo Episode II at possibly double the speed or even faster. Episode I enemies have higher EDK, thus it won't be nearly as effective. The basic attacks are still very good in both however.

As for meleeing with a FOnewearl. Personally, I wouldn't do it. Simply because she doesn't have the power. However, I have seen it done successfully. She was made for being a force, not a hunter or ranger. Keep that in mind. Also, her ATA growth is pitiful. Even if her max is 183, she will still be in the 140s by 200. (Met a FOnewearl who did melee whom explained this to me.) You won't be able to max out both her mind and power/ata though. So you will have to choose. It is simply because she has so much MST, and also because her base at 200 is so low in ATP/ATA.

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 02:45 PM
Hmm, okay ill take that into consideration.

Now what is the best FOmar ID? I was thinking of making him a Purplenum, but i mnot sure. I mean Pinkals only get the Tech corrozer and the Evil Curst as far as specil force weapons go, and i dont think they would be too much of a use with a FOmar.

Okay, thats what i figured. A FOneweral wasnt built to melee, but i wasnt sure if she would be a good character.

If she is able to do some tech damage though, then very cool. I have to go over all the forces to see which one i want to pick. I already picked a HUcaseal for my Hunter, and Rangers are all sort of the same for me, so it dosent matter what i get, probably go with a RAcast and RAmarl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-15 12:48 ]</font>

darkholemind
Jun 15, 2005, 03:07 PM
Go with RAmarl, she is cooler looking by far, and has better stats, very customizable in the way of stats as well.

Mags are very easy to raise with her. Especially Diwari: Mine on my RAmarl has 5/95/50/50 and it works excellent =3 not to mention looking cool

For FOrces, If you want the way of melee, look at my above post.

Generally for FOnewms, due to the faster cast rate, you'll want to cast barehanded, again this is assuming you're playing on your own, offline. If you have someone to play with you can equip a wepon, but FOnewms are nuking experts. The faster you cast the better.

FOnewearls, best, even in nuking in my opinion. With the Club of Laconium/Mace of Adaman/Club of Zumurian, with their correspondin foie,barta,zonde merges will do MASSIVE damage. With my FOney in solo Ultimate Forest does around 850 damage with a CoL, and that's without the foie merge. Now with the Scepter series. THat boost all techs of the corresponding element by 20% (For example, the Fire Scepter:Agni boosts foie, gifoie, and rafoie by 20%) add that with the nuking merge of choice (RA or Gi merges) she'll easily surpass the FOnewm, even one of the same level....

Genoa
Jun 15, 2005, 03:13 PM
I see you becoming a very good PSO player soon, and later you'll be giving others the advice on how to play and what not. But back on topic, FOmarl is a little more supportive than FOmar. FOmar is more of the melee than FOmarl. Though FOmar actually has more MST, FOmarl is still more supportive. The bonus range in Shifta/Deband/Resta/Anti is very helpful online. Those are the techniques that are casted on party members, so your party will be very satisfied with FOmarl. FOnewearl lacks the S/D range, but is still one of the best Support Forces, personally I perfer FOmarl as support, FOnewearl is good at murdering enemies better than FOmarl, which might be strange because you'd think FOmarl would do better with her higher ATP, but... I still say FOnewearl casting away is stronger than a meleeing FOmarl.

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 03:54 PM
Okay, looking over the information given, the best force that i see is the FOneweral. Whil she cant melee, her powers and such seem over the top, and would be very fun to use.

So far this is the team i have planned:

HUcaseal-Satsumi-Skyly

FOneweral-Trinity-Pinkal

RAcast-M-74 Custom-Redria

RAmarl-Celeste-Whitill

So how do these characters and IDs sound? I use the UCaseal for her power and attack animations, i find her very cool to use.

FOneweral sounds like the best force to use.

RAcast, well, i just like them. Strong and have good ATP.

And RAmarls have great tech attack and ranged support, so they are just good to use.

I figured the IDs were good with each class as well, yes?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-15 14:02 ]</font>

darkholemind
Jun 15, 2005, 04:10 PM
Yes, I like all those Ids. If you ask me though make the Redria your RAmarl, it'll be easier to pipe Torrs for the Iristia. Assuming you want a Rainbow Baton. Make the FOnewearl anything but Pinkal, pinkal really doesn't get weponry that stacks up. Go with Yellowboze in that case....it gets well rounded weponry, or Bluefull, they lots of rods and partisans.

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 04:19 PM
Whats an Iristia?

I have the RAmarl a Whitill to pipe for the two handguns Guild and Milla, i think they are called.

I want to keep the FOneweral a Pinkal because i was under the impression that the ID finds al ot of things that a Force needs?

Now i have a question. Sanga and Yasha, and Guild and Milla, do they require a special item to put them together, like the Lavis Cannon and Lavis Blades do?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-15 14:20 ]</font>

trypticon
Jun 15, 2005, 04:22 PM
You can't pipe for guld and milla. Check the guides for things you can telepipe for because the only things you successfully do so with are things that come from rare enemies. I will warn you that you will need both a male ranger and a female ranger with maybe 190 ATA to be able to fully grind the seperate pieces before they can be merged together. Keep that in mind.

About forces, there are other IDs that will bring you more important Force rares later in the game than Pinkal will. Try Purplenum for an easy Psycho Wand.

Sange and Yasha, and Guld Milla do not require a special item for their combination. This is because you are combining them, not changing what they are, as you would do with a lavis cannon to lavis blades to double cannon and back to lavis cannon by using a series of syncesta's.

Sange isn't difficult to pipe for with the Skyly ID, but Yasha is going to take you a finite amount of time to get if you are offline only. Even online it will take a very long while.

Guld is the more difficult handgun to find between it and Milla. You can hunt this with a Whitill offline in Docs Secret Plan. Expect to do many thousands of runs for it though. Milla will come from a Talo in the Forest. Expect to do many hundreds of Lost Heat Sword runs when you get online. If you plan to find it offline, expect many hundreds of Central Dome Fire Swirl runs, if you end up getting PSO plus which is likely your only option these days for getting PSO for the GameCube.

I'm not certain how easily you are going to be able to find an unused copy of this game come November when you were planning on getting it, but good luck. Remember, there are lots of people here to help you out with your questions since the game has changed some since the last time you played in 2003.

I suggest you read the advice given to you here. The ones who seem to know what they are talking about really do know what they are talking about, so don't take their advice lightly as you seemed to do yesterday.

Your enthusiasm for PSO is appreciated, so don't let people who have played the game too much like myself turn you off from it. I know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes, it's what I do best. But the people at PSO world who have played with me can assure you I know the game very well, so cussing me out on that other forum, much as it seemed you did to somebody on PSOP the other day getting yourself promplty banned, is not the way to go. I'm just trying to steer you in the right direction, mmkay?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-06-15 14:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-06-15 14:39 ]</font>

Luis
Jun 15, 2005, 04:30 PM
On 2005-06-15 14:19, -Fossil- wrote:
Whats an Iristia?

I have the RAmarl a Whitill to pipe for the two handguns Guild and Milla, i think they are called.

I want to keep the FOneweral a Pinkal because i was under the impression that the ID finds al ot of things that a Force needs?

Now i have a question. Sanga and Yasha, and Guild and Milla, do they require a special item to put them together, like the Lavis Cannon and Lavis Blades do?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-15 14:20 ]</font>

irista is the stone to make the rainbow baton

guld and milla are not from a rare enemy, that means you cant find them piping.

pinkal finds a lots of rods and wands but one of the best force weapons can be find faster at mil lily purple caves

guld and milla only needs together and the char to mx it same for sange and yasha.

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 04:36 PM
Ahh i see, i thought that Milla came from a rare enemy.

Well no matter, i still want to keep tem as they are, ill just deal with the crap it takes to pipe with an android on the item that Redria find.

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 04:44 PM
On 2005-06-15 14:22, trypticon wrote:
You can't pipe for guld and milla. Check the guides for things you can telepipe for because the only things you successfully do so with are things that come from rare enemies.

About forces, there are other IDs that will bring you more important Force rares later in the game than Pinkal will. Try Purplenum for an easy Psycho Wand.

Sange and Yasha, and Guld Milla do not require a special item for their combination. This is because you are combining them, not changing what they are, as you would do with a lavis cannon to lavis blades to double cannon and back to lavis cannon by using a series of syncesta's.

Sange isn't difficult to pipe for with the Skyly ID, but Yasha is going to take you a finite amount of time to get if you are offline only. Even online it will take a very long while.

Guld is the more difficult handgun to find between it and Milla. You can expect to hunt this with a Whitill offline in Docs Secret Plan. Expect to do many thousands of runs for it though. Milla will come from a Talo in the Forest. Expect to do many hundreds of Lost Heat Sword runs when you get online. If you plan to find it offline, expect many hundreds of Central Dome Fire Swirl runs, if you end up getting PSO plus which is likely your only option these days for getting PSO for the GameCube.

I'm not certain how easily you are going to be able to find an unused copy of this game come November when you were planning on getting it, but good luck. Remember, there are lots of people here to help you out with your questions since the game has changed some since the last time you played in 2003.

I suggest you read the advice given to you here. The ones who seem to know what they are talking about really do know what they are talking about, so don't take their advice lightly as you seemed to do yesterday.

Your enthusiasm for PSO is appreciated, so don't let people who have played the game too much like myself turn you off from it. I know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes, it's what I do best. But the people at PSO world who have played with me can assure you I know the game very well, so cussing me out on that other forum, much as it seemed you did to somebody on PSOP the other day getting yourself promplty banned is not the way to go. I'm just trying to steer you in the right direction, mmkay?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-06-15 14:34 ]</font>

Yes, PLUS is the only version i can get, but there is an online store on ebay that always has it in tock (They sell hard to find games, but its something like 90 bucks. Im willing to pay it if it comes down to it, but i doubt ill have to since there are always new copies from other sellers on ebay for around 35-50)

Now Pinkal IDs can find the good Force items, it just takes awhile longer; something i dont really have a problem with.

Now as far as cussing you out, that never happened. Yes i may have worded my post slightly strong with a single word, but it was not directed toward you, but that was only on GT. Im not ever sure what PSOP is?

I dont quite recall tossing aside anyone opinions at all. I have asked everyones thoughts on all the subjects i have asked about here, and i have thanked everyone kindly, and taken all the information to though that i am given.

The only boards i go to for this game are GameTalk, and this place. So you may have run into another person that dislikes you, but as far as i go i have not done anything other then the single comment on GT, which i had deleted, and was never directed at anyone, it was just a general statement that i could have worded using "friggen" or something to that effect.

trypticon
Jun 15, 2005, 04:57 PM
Let's not be bringing up the name of that other forum. We don't need it overrun by spammers now, do we?

And yes, your anger was directed towards me, don't even try to pretend it wasn't. That is beside the point here though. What I meant about you asking for people's advice and then tossing it aside since you'd made your decision before the advice was given was about the Hucaseal decision for a hunter yesterday. Despite just about everybody telling you that it wasn't good as a solo character, you announce that it is the hunter you are planning to make come Novermber anyway. From the appearance of your decision, it was more like, screw you guys anyway, this is my choice and was from the start. I was only looking for agreement in any case.

You've done the same thing with the Fomarl in this thread. You have been given reasons why the Fomarl may not be a good solo offline character, advised that Grants isn't very useful to anything besides the hilde family, and that the other forces all are superior to a FOmarls abilities besides that of the simple support techniques. And then, you say you are making a FOmarl anyway.

I'm glad you have your personal preferance, but the information you gained from this thread was all findable in the guides. If you had decided upon a FOmarl in the first place, why ask about it? I would personally suggest a FOnewearl, or even a FOnewm if you want to play a force character. They rely on their techs, and they are very effective in clearing rooms. If you are interested in a FOmarl, make a RAmarl or a HUnewearl. They are all good characters, and after about level 150 to level 175, you will really start learning how to play them.

The Fossil at PSOP may have been the other Fossil from PSOworld here. He had over a thousand posts, but was wording things in much the same manner as you did on that other forum earlier today. The likeness was simply staggering. No offence intended though.

Fossil
Jun 15, 2005, 05:13 PM
But the people at PSO world who have played with me can assure you I know the game very well, so cussing me out on that other forum, much as it seemed you did to somebody on PSOP the other day getting yourself promplty banned, is not the way to go. I'm just trying to steer you in the right direction, mmkay?

Adam, lol. I was the one banned. o/

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 05:14 PM
On 2005-06-15 14:57, trypticon wrote:
Let's not be bringing up the name of that other forum. We don't need it overrun by spammers now, do we?

And yes, your anger was directed towards me, don't even try to pretend it wasn't. That is beside the point here though. What I meant about you asking for people's advice and then tossing it aside since you'd made your decision before the advice was given was about the Hucaseal decision for a hunter yesterday. Despite just about everybody telling you that it wasn't good as a solo character, you announce that it is the hunter you are planning to make come Novermber anyway. From the appearance of your decision, it was more like, screw you guys anyway, this is my choice and was from the start. I was only looking for agreement in any case.

You've done the same thing with the Fomarl in this thread. You have been given reasons why the Fomarl may not be a good solo offline character, advised that Grants isn't very useful to anything besides the hilde family, and that the other forces all are superior to a FOmarls abilities besides that of the simple support techniques. And then, you say you are making a FOmarl anyway.

I'm glad you have your personal preferance, but the information you gained from this thread was all findable in the guides. If you had decided upon a FOmarl in the first place, why ask about it? I would personally suggest a FOnewearl, or even a FOnewm if you want to play a force character. They rely on their techs, and they are very effective in clearing rooms. If you are interested in a FOmarl, make a RAmarl or a HUnewearl. They are all good characters, and after about level 150 to level 175, you will really start learning how to play them.

The Fossil at PSOP may have been the other Fossil from PSOworld here. He had over a thousand posts, but was wording things in much the same manner as you did on that other forum earlier today. The likeness was simply staggering. No offence intended though.

Yes, my irritation with you was noticable in the post i had made, but as far as cussing out out, never happened. I believe my exact words were, "I guess i should just stop friggen posting..." While i used a less note worthy word the "friggen"

I was irritated with your comments, and i still stand by my feeling upon the fact that you seem to act as though you created the game, and everything you say is right, and anything that someone in my case, that known quite less then you about the game, is wrong.

Now i asked a question yesterday. I simply asked to hear both sides for HUnewerals and HUcaseals. I listened, and i asked many questions trying to find out the different things that were useful for each character and in each leve, for different weapons and enemies.
None of this info is found in guides, trust me, i looked for about an hour through all the guides and the forum search, found nothing useful.

I asked to know what was up with the two classes, i did not ask for people to choose the character for me. I got all the information i could see. Seeing that the HUCaseal has better attack animations, ATA, and decint power, i decided that it was a good character to choose.
Yes a lot of other people said to use the HUneweral, but from the information i was given, the HUcaseals sounded like more of a challenge, hence the REASON i chose it. I dont want to run around as a character that just kills everything and dosent have any real fall backs for offline.

Now if you even bothered to read my choice in this thread, i had taken all the information and opinions here, and i came to the conclusion to make a FOneweral. You can see this on the first page about halfway down. That was the choice i made based on what was said, im not even sure as to why you think i chose a FOmarl there.

But aside from that, i never once just said screw you all im picking what i like. I took the info given and i chose based upon my reasons and feeling toward certain types of gameplay. HUcaseals make use of traps, traps i like. I dont feel her power is too weak for S&D, that that seemed to be the ONLY plus that was stated over and over again, and i dont se it as a big deal with the advice i was given to make a mag that has S&D boosts on both the PB blast and when the guage fills, thus making a RATI mag on a HUcaseal would make up for the lack of S&D.

Try to read some of the things i say in these threads before you come to the conclusion to which im blowing off the advice from anyone here.

Well from the search i did on yahoo, PSOP is a very old message board site that i had joined when it first came up, under the name "Pilot02005"

This should be the board, anyway http://ev.dhs.org/PSOp/

Seems my SN is still on there with 9 posts, but as far as Fossil, no, that isnt me; sorry to dissapoint. If it were i would say so; my problems with you are slightly obvious and im not afraid to state them as true.

I dont have a problem with you, but i am starting to see as to WHY other people dislike you. I am doing my best to keep everything normal and just blow it off, because this is computer stuff and i never get angry; though i DO get irritated, and thats about as far as it will go with you, i will be irritated as long as you act so big headed and speak as though your some perfect being that cannot make a mistake.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-15 15:18 ]</font>

trypticon
Jun 15, 2005, 05:22 PM
Alright, this is ending here Eric. I don't act like that, though you haven't been around long enough to know. I get a little perterbed by a person who hasn't played the game since 2003 coming in and giving a load of false information to people who don't know any better. If I have to correct you, or anybody else, believe me I do so without prejudice.

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 05:27 PM
Now what information have i given that is false? IF there is information i DONT know about, or am not 100% on, i dont say anythin on the topic.

If you can bring up topics that i have posted go right ahead, but the only things i have posted here are simple questions; and on GT i posted simple tips that are no where near false, you just seem to dissagree with it.

I dont really see the fact that i havent played the game since 2003-2004 as any issue here. That only has to do with weapons and such, which are new to Plus, etc, and online events. These new things i dont comment upon, and most of them i have asked about since i have been here.

You DO act big headed man, and your doing it right now. Telling me that im always wrong because ive not played the game in awhile is big headed. I Do knowm y share about the game, but i dont know much about the new things going on.

Again, name one thing i have said that is false, which wont happen, because i know for a fact, here AND on GT, i have bot said ONE thing that is false, you just seem to disagree.

MXdude
Jun 15, 2005, 08:03 PM
Come on Adam, it is a fact taht you dont take to kindly to new ppl. And it looks like your just intentionally trying to prove Eric wrong. I think Eric is one of the best newcomers GT has had in a while, Just quit this arguing, its meaningless.

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 08:08 PM
Well im happy someone finds my presence somewhat pleasant.

Anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, what would you suggest i do to raise a good FOneweral?

Best weapons, armor, etc. I wont be finding them for a good while, but i would like to get a heads up on what to look for. So far i dont reallyk now what the forces require. When i had a FOneweral before i was running around with a red merge and a club of laconium, but im sure there are much better items out there.

I looked at the charts, but i dont reallyk now whats useful and whats not as far as armors and weapons go.

Luis
Jun 15, 2005, 08:53 PM
Anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, what would you suggest i do to raise a good FOneweral?

Without a doubt Foneys are top class casters, forget about mixing styles right there, concentrate on techs only (at least if you fell touched on your head).

Probably the best force using techs against bosses, since she got boost at single techs, and using summit moon, she can deal more than 600 per hit (After level 150) on every enemy.

Shifta And Deband No range right there, but what yours legs are for?

Resta And Anti are another history.

Psyco Wand and summit moon are good choices for foneys weapons.

I recommend hunting for Tech Disk or maybe ask for them, try to get level 29 simple techs and any level 27+ Megid, and do Redria Ult Temple for God/Technique, then you are going to deal good damage with techs, maybe killing faster and more monsters on Ep2 than any other class in the game (i am talking about megid level 30)

Her low life could be a factor, get all the HP Mats you can find and eat them.

If i choose to max some stats i max MST, HP, and EVP.
the reason that i choose not to max DEF is because she got level 30 deband and level 30 jellen if you mix that with the EVP she got, you wont regret the results.

And i wont raise the ATP for obvious reasons.

Mags for a foney, well Sato looks cute, and besides if you got a black sato and a foney with black dress, you got a cute witch, (most witch got black cats)
besides Sato give her invicibility, (who needs a mag S/D when she got lvl 30 support).

Thats some of the bases that i follow to make a foney. all the rest its up to you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luis on 2005-06-15 18:55 ]</font>

Genoa
Jun 15, 2005, 09:00 PM
On 2005-06-15 18:08, -Fossil- wrote:
Well im happy someone finds my presence somewhat pleasant.

Best weapons, armor, etc. I wont be finding them for a good while, but i would like to get a heads up on what to look for. So far i dont reallyk now what the forces require. When i had a FOneweral before i was running around with a red merge and a club of laconium, but im sure there are much better items out there.

I looked at the charts, but i dont reallyk now whats useful and whats not as far as armors and weapons go.

She needs as many merges as you can get your hands on. As far as armor's go... preferably armors with high defense/evasion, not so much on resistances because she has enough problems worrying about not getting crushed. She has fairly good evasion in the 1st place too. So i'd say Aura Field, also she has the TP to spare for it. Oh, and when fighting Dark Falz Divine form, She should wear FOIE MERGE + CLUB OF LACONIUM. That is one badass Foie bonus, and Falz wouldn't be too pleased with it. I mean just me the FOmar wearing Foie Merge + Club of Laconium using Foie lvl.28 on Dark Falz does about 300 something roughly, and FOnewearl has that simple tech bonus and her mad skillz in MST... she can p0wn Dark Falz http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif oh, I'd use any and all weapons that boost techs. If you want to cover one whole catagory of Techs, i'd try to get Summit Moon for simple techs, Magical Piece for normal techs, and Psycho Wand for hard techs. Then there are others that fall in the catagory of boosts, here, this is all the technique boosting weaponry. http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=472

-Fossil-
Jun 15, 2005, 09:07 PM
Okay, thanks you two, thats great info!

Now what ID would you suggest? I currently have Pinkal on her, but would Redria be a good one?

Genoa
Jun 15, 2005, 09:28 PM
I recall you wanted 4 ID's for your 4 Characters... Skyly, Purplenum, Redria... and then i'd say either Yellowboze or Whitill. I mean, i'm not a huge fan of Pinkal but... some might say go for it. I say Yellowboze >_> they can find all the enemy parts I believe as well. So the big rares you'd be able to find is S-J Sword from GiGue on Skyly, Psycho Wand from Mil Lily on Purplenum, Lavis Cannon from Pouilly Slime on Redria, and all enemy parts on Yellowboze. I'd say that's pretty good.

navci
Jun 15, 2005, 10:22 PM
I randomly hop in here and now I am going to tell you things that others prolly won't.

Melee with your Fonewearl.

It is going to be a challenge, and people are going to call you crazy. But it will be fun! You see, as you have already been told that she does have low HP, and lowest ATP among FO, but best ATA. So, that you can take advantage of.

To raise a melee FOnewearl you basically have to make very sure you max out your ATP as well as Luck. Weapon wise, it really depends on your choice. Unfortunately Fonews won't be able to use Soul Banish, which is the best partisan for melee FOs. So you'll have to stick with Soul Eater, Red Saber is good, hm, if you can get a hold of an Iritista, make yourself a Rainbow Baton with hit (hence you'll need a Redria), Holy Ray is pretty much a must if you can get hold of one. Hm, red handgun is good too, and it should drop decently with Redria. Mag wise, I always recommand something with invincibility when you are a FO.

SDJZ is a must at all times.
If, you do decide to raise a melee FOnewearl, chances are, you won't be able to be the ultimate caster. However, with a good mind mag and decent magic items, Summit Moon is a good one. You can be quite decent in casting as well as doing damage. It will be difficult, but fun. :>

I know it is a bit general. If you need more details, well. :>

PJ
Jun 15, 2005, 10:28 PM
To add to Navi's melee FOnewearl stuffs o:

They have the best ATA potential, but their ATA growth sucks. Either put the DEX on your mag, or (My prefered choice) fill slots with God/Arms.

Sitka
Jun 15, 2005, 10:41 PM
Well .... no disrespect - but I totally disagree.

Fonewearls are made to ... well ... force.

Fonewearls excel at basic techs.

Foie.

Barta.

Zonde.

Megid.

Get a Hildebear's Head early - use foie on almost everything - you'll do the smack down pretty good - particularly against Falz.

Later, make a summit moon. They're not hard. Use that pretty much the rest of the way. Boosts foie, barta, zonde - all that you need cept megid and you have the natural penetration for that anyway in e2.

Foie Merge - awesome on a fone.

k.

Make a mind mag - 185 on mind. If you're not sure how, pm me and ill tell you.

Anyway, I've taken two fonewearls past 150 and I love them. They're awesome in challenge mode, they're awesome for support and they're awesome solo - no matter what others might say.

This is my opinion - of course - but one born out of much experience.

You melee that poor thing and you're disgracing the true ability of a fonewearl. Sorry the rest of you - but that's the truth. You melee a fonewearl in my games and I'll dc you without a thought. I'm past worrying about a flame for that cuz it's the damn truth.

You want to see good fonewearls? Go play in some jp challenge games with some good fones. They dominate this game. But they don't melee - they attack (angrif) with magic. Play with Shigecki on xbox - he's damn good with a fonewearl.

But don't melee with a fonewearl.

Please.

Saiffy
Jun 15, 2005, 10:53 PM
C-mode is completely different from regular play, FOmars melee in regular play, tech in c-mode.

It depends on the play style though, I personally feel useless just spamming techs, plus it wastes fluids. I'd much rather do a bit of damage with a good holy ray and rainbow baton for when my FOnewearl is higher level.

To each his own.

Sayara
Jun 15, 2005, 11:04 PM
Well, we are all entitled with our own opinions. You and Fofony and navi (and sorta mine) Meleefonl.

You can easily do both. Have a mind and Melee mag or hybrid it (though 90% will disapprove of that. [eyes his 40ish pow/42 mind])

Though as a Fonl i consider myself hybrid. First up in online games you will be expected to support the party. Unless a 2nd fo is taking care of it, but its still nice to help. Split duties or take turns, depending on each's level of spells.

Then you could melee, or you could spam techs, or do as you feel best. I like to smack things with a Summit Moon, which easily allows me to set up a random foie at the Bartle from behind.
As Melee Fo, Double Saber with Hit will be very nice for TP reviving (if you are Supporting this is very handy).

Try and give either a shot. While FOfonl is more "useful" for clearing shit away, it grows boring and tedius. "Oh boy! Barble band! ZONDE" compared to trying to hit them with your soul eater/umbrella (500atp, in your limits http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) anyway. Try what you like, try to please your peers, do your job and have fun! PSOs a game, not life remember? ;>

navci
Jun 15, 2005, 11:58 PM
On 2005-06-15 20:41, Sitka wrote:
But don't melee with a fonewearl.

Please.

As I said. It is a fun challenge. To give yourself something fun and twist to play with. It is difficult, but it is entirely possible. The best reward is seeing people's shock reacion when you melee and actually doing decent damage.

Online play soloing, or twin FO team makes a melee FO particularly useful. Since the tech resistance is so high online, a decent melee FO can easily do more damage than a tech FO. Even offline, you as a FO has something that no HUnter or Rangers have: Level 30 SDJZ. It is an asset, and you can use it to your advantage.

I will say it again, it isn't for everyone. But it is fun and different.

Genoa
Jun 16, 2005, 12:12 AM
Why not melee? It's not like you can't switch back to techs if you want... besides, because she has S/D/J/Z... she can pick a fight with alot of enemies. The ATP really isn't a huge factor, and she can raise it to be 1/2 decent... and lowering enemy status is very vital, infact I'd say she can do probably a little less if not equal to a solo'ing RAmar. RAmar has S/D sure, but he cannot lower enemy status. FOnewearl's disk level's are twice as high as RAmar, so she can boost herself to be pretty good, then lower the enemy to become even better. And unlike RAmar, she can recover all her HP without casting Resta 3-4 times.... and when she needs to she can cast a few attack techs whenever. Though she might be in melee mode, her MST is still quite good enough to cast a few techs here and there. And it's not like she doesn't have really low DFP, and she definately doesn't have low EVP.

-Fossil-
Jun 16, 2005, 12:37 AM
Hmm, this is all good information to know. A melee FOneweral sounds great, very challenging, and seems like it would be fun.

Im a FOneweral fan at heart, but i never had a chance to melee one. I did melee in VH with a Club of Laconium, mainly using its special as a final hit, it was enjoyable.

In Reply to MegamanX

Hmm, those sound like good IDs. Ill substiture the Pinkal with a Yellowboze for the enemy parts. How do these sound:

Skyly-HUcaseal

Redria-FOneweral

Purplenum-RAmar

Yellowboze-FOmar

So how does that team sound everyone?

I decided to drop the RAcast for the RAmar, personal tastes i guess, and piping reasons. I have Skyly for the hunter weapons, i wanted the whitill for the handgun milla and guild but im not sure if they are worth it together, and redria for the armor and other bonuses mentioned.

In reply to navinator

Purplenum gets the Psycowand, and i like FOmar, so i will still get a melee force, without the need for going full melee with my FOneweral. FOneweral sound fun to melee with, but as Tinglehad said, i would rather make a hybrid. Mainly mind however, but i wil have to look up more charts and such for the stat growth for a FOneweral that can melee.

Genoa
Jun 16, 2005, 12:44 AM
The Forces can be either/or for their ID's, but the Skyly on Hunter and Purplenum on Ranger is a good idea, but then again, it truly doesn't matter which ID is on who because you can distribute them to your characters on multiplayer, so if you find a name that came up on one of your other ID's, you could just let that character have that ID. And I truly regret having my FOmar have a Bluefull ID, I really didn't care what ID I had at the time, because I didn't think i'd be playing with my character all too long... but I ended up raising him to be the strongest... and his ID is very bad, i'm sorry Bluefull lovers... if there are any, but I personally think Bluefull reaks >_>

navci
Jun 16, 2005, 01:04 AM
On 2005-06-15 22:37, -Fossil- wrote:
In reply to navinator

Purplenum gets the Psycowand, and i like FOmar, so i will still get a melee force, without the need for going full melee with my FOneweral. FOneweral sound fun to melee with, but as Tinglehad said, i would rather make a hybrid. Mainly mind however, but i wil have to look up more charts and such for the stat growth for a FOneweral that can melee.

The ID team is cool.

Meleeing with a FOmar and a FOnew is two completely different story though. It is still challenging to melee with a FOmar, but he is sort of gear towards it anyway. With a FOnew, you kinda need to rip every single resource that you have to make her meleeable. Hehe.

Either would be fun though. If, and when you start filling up a second memory card, that is prolly when you wanna go all wacko and do something funny.

(just so you know, I have a HUcast that I do decent support with! XD)

Genoa
Jun 16, 2005, 01:33 AM
On 2005-06-15 23:04, navinator wrote:
The ID team is cool.

Meleeing with a FOmar and a FOnew is two completely different story though. It is still challenging to melee with a FOmar, but he is sort of gear towards it anyway. With a FOnew, you kinda need to rip every single resource that you have to make her meleeable. Hehe.

Either would be fun though. If, and when you start filling up a second memory card, that is prolly when you wanna go all wacko and do something funny.

(just so you know, I have a HUcast that I do decent support with! XD)

Why that's just crazy talk, HUcast... heheh, Star Atomizers and Traps? And maybe S-Red Blade's S/D or something? I dunno >_> btw, just curious... what sprouted the desire to come outside the FKL? heh, it's been a long time since i've seen you in here.

navci
Jun 16, 2005, 01:54 AM
On 2005-06-15 23:33, MegamanX wrote:

Why that's just crazy talk, HUcast... heheh, Star Atomizers and Traps? And maybe S-Red Blade's S/D or something? I dunno >_> btw, just curious... what sprouted the desire to come outside the FKL? heh, it's been a long time since i've seen you in here.

It IS very limited. And it IS taking it to the extreme non-effectiveness. Though, if you have one of those Zalure slicers, it actually could be quite nice. But ya, that's crazy talk. It's funny though.

Ya, wtf am I doing here? *goes back to Rants*

Tycho
Jun 16, 2005, 02:50 AM
I remember Kefka (referring to the HUcast) casting S/D on my FOnewearl. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
I think FOnewearls are better off just supporting, especially when the rest of the team can do good physical damage. But to screw around, sure, meleeing is fun. I second Navi's Rainbow Baton with hit.
But just in case, you could just use mats for casting, then make two different mags for supporting and meleeing, and use units for Luck, ATA, and /Battle units. That way you could turn back whenever you'd want to. x_x;

Neith
Jun 16, 2005, 06:16 AM
On 2005-06-15 20:28, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
To add to Navi's melee FOnewearl stuffs o:

They have the best ATA potential, but their ATA growth sucks. Either put the DEX on your mag, or (My prefered choice) fill slots with God/Arms.

Lv90 Fonewearl, 20ish dex on mag, unable to use a Raygun yet... 103 ata I think she has, and her ATA rarely increases at all. I use my FOney as a nuker, or support online.

Ok, so FOnewearls...Megid was incredibly useful through VH for me, although at level 23 it's not surprising.

Her Grants does a lot, bearing in mind her colossal MST, but the animation for casting
Grants is slow, so remember that when using it against Hildelts/torr.

Simple techs- great against most enemies, though not so hot against large mobs. Use merges to boost her already increased damage. Weapons like Club of Laconium, Mace of Adaman and Club of Zumiuran are great for spamming these, since they boost by 40% (which I think stacks on the FOnewearl's natural 20%boost?)

Normal techs- Meh, the only normal tech I use is Gizonde, only because it currently costs less TP than Razonde. Again though, useful in some areas, can be boosted by the 3 9* wand weapons (Agni, Indra, Dagon). IIRC, the C-Sorcerer's Cane also boosts Normal Techs.

Hard techs- I totally abuse Rafoie/Rabarta. Against large groups it's much more efficent, and usually requires less hits (total) to kill a mob. As far as Hard Tech Boosts go, Psycho Wand boosts them all (except Grants/Megid), but is incredibly hard to obtain.

Support- Great Resta/Anti Range, can be boosted by Marina's Bag, high MST improves the effectiveness of Resta. Shifta/Deband can be boosted in range with a Striker of Chao, easy to obtain if you can get online. Not too sure on Jellen/Zalure, but at a high level, you can usually affect a whole room in one cast of each. Also, since techs go to lv30, this can nullify a lot of damage. Reverser for a cheap revive, and Ryuker for an easy pipe (although the casting anaimations on these 2 spells are much, much slower than using a Moon Atomizer or telepipe)

People may disagree, upto them. This is how I tool up my Fonewearl.

Standard Equip
Summit Moon, Striker of Chao
Spirit Garment (Aura Field or Guard Wave at higher level)
4x God/Mind
Foie Merge
Ila (pretty much entirely Mind, some Dex)

For certain areas with hard-hitters (Ruins, Seabed, CCA), I ditch one God/Mind for a God/HP, since her HP is really low.

Against Bosses with multiple weaknesses (usually different forms), I take my other merges (Zonde, Barta) and switch each phase. Online, I tech cast a lot on bosses, but leave plenty of opportunity for the HU/RA members to get hits landed. When S/D is required, quick-switch to the Striker of Chao, and cast away, before switching back to the Summit Moon for casting offensively.

-Fossil-
Jun 16, 2005, 11:21 AM
As far as i am aware Striker of Chao is an online only weapon, and with college costs oming up, i wont really be able to go online.

But this is what i have planned for my FOneweral.

I am going to have her a Redria, and i see that SATO is obtainable with her alone, without having to switch around with IDs. I will probably give all my mags im raising to my RAmar to get the first PB blast though, ince i dont think the healing PB blast forces get are too good?

I will raise it:

45 DEX

150 MIND

Is that good? I want the DEX for her, but i dont want to go over anything to much in order to get the mag. DEF is useless from what i have seen, on a mag, so ill just raise her pretty muc pure mind, they are much more fun to blow things up with then to smack things, IMO. But i will still melee her just for the hell of it now and then; i wont do any real damage, but it would be funny to blow through each area trying to melee with a double saber or a soul eater lol.

I figured a RED merge would be better then a foie merge. But im not sure if FOIE merges boost the poer of FOIE more then a RED merge does?

Ill try to find some units as well. I wanted to use two GOD minds, one GOD HP, and one GOD technique.

This is my hunt list basically, i probably wont be able to get everything from a Redria ID though, gotta look at drop charts to see.

I already have a decient plan for the FOmar, yellowboze seems like a great FOmar ID, seems to find al ot of good force stuff for him, and some nice weapons for melee he can use. Redria finds everything i need for a FOneweral, Skyly is good for my HUcaseal, and Purplenum is okay for my RAmar, but i will have to give some of the stuff i fide on other ids to him more then the others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-16 09:36 ]</font>

navci
Jun 16, 2005, 12:32 PM
Fossil. For a casting Fonew you don't need dex. Make it all mind. The dex is just gonna be pointless to have and take up valuable mind spaces.

God HP is good.
Thing is, though, for your casting FOnew, you want to have every merge possible. And probably switch. It is good to have a red merge since it boost all of the Foie techs, but if you do a combination of Foie merge + something like Club of Laconium (sp?) + your basic tech boost, and compare it with using the red merge only you'll prolly want to stick with merge/weapon switching, especially at boss fights. :>

-Fossil-
Jun 16, 2005, 12:53 PM
I dont think the DE would be all that useless; as i said i will be doing some melee with a severely underpowered FOneweral just for the heck of it.

I will just keep giving her Mind Materials untill that stat is maxed out, but there are no longer HIT materials in the game so i need it on the mag.

Plus i want a SATO mag, and the only way to get the mag is to have a DEF and DEX up to 50, and Mind and POW up to 50. DEF is useless on a mag, and POW is useless on a FOneweral, overall.

I can just do it like i said with the 45 DEX and 150 MIND, and then give her loads of MIND mats, to max that stat out so i dont have to giver her God Minds and such to make use of it.

I looked up what i needed to in the stat maxing and force melee, it seems DEX is a good idea, but dealing with the mind and pow stats are with materials. I can halve the HP and DFP materials for her, and give her ecient POW, and max her mind stat with MATS, and then use the four open slots for a GOD Technique, GOD HP, a GOD POW, and a GOD Mind.

Sitka
Jun 16, 2005, 12:55 PM
On 2005-06-16 10:32, navinator wrote:
Fossil. For a casting Fonew you don't need dex. Make it all mind. The dex is just gonna be pointless to have and take up valuable mind spaces.

God HP is good.
Thing is, though, for your casting FOnew, you want to have every merge possible. And probably switch. It is good to have a red merge since it boost all of the Foie techs, but if you do a combination of Foie merge + something like Club of Laconium (sp?) + your basic tech boost, and compare it with using the red merge only you'll prolly want to stick with merge/weapon switching, especially at boss fights. :>

That's how I do it. Summit Moon works wonders for boosts and Hildebear's Head is great until you have summit - even twinkle star is very effective.

Basically, all bosses have a specific tech weakness like foie, barta, zonde or even Grants that can be boosted by a merge, or in the case of Grants, a weapon. Despite Grants tp cost, I have found it effective against Epsilon and Flow and for nailing Flowers/Hidelts from a safe distance.

I like foie merge 90% of the time on the fonewearl, using weps to boost the other techs when needed.

But, of course, that's just one way of doing it.

As for mags, I almost always prefer a pure mind mag (15/0/0/185) and for slots, usually God Abilities if I have them and God Minds if I don't. I would not use a God Power on a fonewearl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-06-16 10:58 ]</font>

-Fossil-
Jun 16, 2005, 01:06 PM
So is the 35 MIND any real difference? I was thinking of putting a 45 DEX and 150 MIND on, i dont think 35 more levels in mind would be that large of a difference.

This is how i had planned on raising my FOneweral:

MAG-SATO

Pow-0
DFP-0
DEX-45
MIND-150

Materials

Mind-80
Pow-0
EVP-20
DEF-50
LCK-0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-16 11:26 ]</font>

navci
Jun 16, 2005, 01:41 PM
It isn't that whether or not the 35 MIND makes a difference. It is the matter of 35 DEX doesn't make enough different to make it worth it.

See. DEX/2 is what is added in your ATA.
35 DEX only give you about 17 ATA. That can easily be added with something like God/Arm. And if you use TP draining weapons, that 17 ATA isn't gonna really help you a whole lot with the slow ATA growth.

For casting, definitely just make a Mind mag. When you have time, raise another one if you wanna melee. At higher levels, the Mind stats might not matter as much and you can go 0 Mind. :>

-Fossil-
Jun 16, 2005, 01:46 PM
Okay, ill try to pull together a decient mind mag without putting anything in the other stats. Well, thats impossible to do, but ill try my best and see what i can get; ill post the stats of the final mag when im done. (using a program to see what i need to feed the mag)

-Fossil-
Jun 16, 2005, 02:18 PM
Okay, it seems if i just feed this thing pure monofluidand nothing else the entire time, ill end up with a Namuci mag that has some decient bonuses, although a SATO mag would give me better coverage in boss fights; but i think a SATO mag is best suited for a FOmar, and a pure mind mag for a FOneweral.

The end stats i get are 15 DFP, and 185 Mind.

Then ill give her

80 MIND mats

30 EVP mats

40 DFP mats

Now with this mag, i end up getting crappy PB blasts though. I get the first blast from whatever character i have raise it to 10, but i only end up maxing the mag out with two PB attacks, the dolphin one and the S&D one. The dolphin one is useful, but the S&D one i dont think would be very usefl for a force?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-16 12:51 ]</font>

Marianne
Jun 17, 2005, 09:37 AM
Nuuuu don't use EVA materials on a Force :| Only ever use them on a hunter

That's my opinion anyway

-Fossil-
Jun 17, 2005, 10:35 AM
Why is that?

If thats the case ill just use 20 of them and put them into mind, and the others into DFP.

Would this be better:

MST: 110

DFP: 40

My mag will be:

MST: 150

ATA: 45

A lot of people say dont use the ATA, but im going to keep it that way for certain weapons with TP drain on them, so i can fill up the TP guage easily. (Mechguns and such).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Fossil- on 2005-06-17 08:36 ]</font>