PDA

View Full Version : Recobox trick no longer working on PSO BB

Orin654
Jun 15, 2005, 03:47 PM
Just tried it and the mech guns did damage.

Ketchup345
Jun 15, 2005, 03:55 PM
Is your ATP too high for the area? Did you have Shifta or the Box have Zalure?

What difficulty were you in? What was your ATP? What was the exact stats of the Mechs (level/color/name, Grind, %s)?

Saffran
Jun 15, 2005, 04:03 PM
If you do 0 damage, the exp stealing ability doesn't work anyway http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ketchup345
Jun 15, 2005, 04:05 PM
On 2005-06-15 14:03, Saffran wrote:
If you do 0 damage, the exp stealing ability doesn't work anyway http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

They changed it so that you need to do damage to have a "leech" special activate? Interesting.

Saffran
Jun 15, 2005, 04:07 PM
At least that's what happens when my God Hand does 0 damage to a Pan Arms. I have way too much ATP to do 0 damage on a recobox...

Sitka
Jun 15, 2005, 04:26 PM
Thank God,

No more lvl 200 noobs who don't know how to play.

We had our share of those on xbox. Seemed like half the rooms on Apatite were "boxing"

At least it appears that ST continues to deal with the issues raised in the previous incarnations of this game: Duping, Stacking, Haxing, Boxing, Noling and TROLLING. Course, they took away Piping as well ... do you think p-wands and lavis will have some value here?

Fossil
Jun 15, 2005, 05:15 PM
Haha, sucks for those couldn't take the heat of playing the game the real way. No sympathy 4 u.

Dana
Jun 15, 2005, 06:02 PM
yay...finally rares that ARE RARE

nate nOObs

doesn't matter they will die out...muwhahaha

i hope

AxelgearVII
Jun 15, 2005, 06:18 PM
Thats good to hear. Now if only they'd take the option of having an Srank with the Kings special away....

TrekkiesUnite
Jun 15, 2005, 09:10 PM
one thing that surprised me during the beta that i dont knwo if it was fixed or not was the wall cheat still worked. that is what we referred to the wall cheat on GC which was when one of those electric fence things divided a room where it met the wall if u attacked u would slide between the fence and the wall. that one surprised me that it still worked.

Ryna
Jun 16, 2005, 12:55 PM
On 2005-06-15 19:10, TrekkiesUnite wrote:
one thing that surprised me during the beta that i dont knwo if it was fixed or not was the wall cheat still worked.

That is more of a collision detection bug than a cheat (at least in my eyes).

If you are really concerned about it, file a bug report.

JODDY
Jun 16, 2005, 01:33 PM
On 2005-06-15 14:26, Sitka wrote:

We had our share of those on xbox. Seemed like half the rooms on Apatite were "boxing"

I was wondering what all those boxing rooms were.
I didnt want to ask anybody there because most of the people are rude.

Feelmirath
Jun 16, 2005, 01:50 PM
I never did this trick, because it defeats the point of the game completely (what n00bs).

Sitka
Jun 16, 2005, 01:51 PM
I sure as hell hope they haven't fixed the sinow trick (or as we perfected, the squid trick)- that would be a real pisser for challenge mode.

Man I can't wait for some challenge runs.

I was thinking about that today running the govt. quests in seabeds.

God, we ran E2C4 so many times - for all those hours, I probably could have had a second level 200 char.

As for that wall trick, if you run solo a lot, and I do, that little trick is ... well ... just the trick. Why fix it? It doesn't hurt the game at all.

I do wish the animals would reset when piping - Rainbow Batons are going to be a whole lot more rare now.

Feelmirath
Jun 16, 2005, 02:17 PM
I do wish the animals would reset when piping - Rainbow Batons are going to be a whole lot more rare now.

I think of it another way. It could be better it's a lot more rare, then the want for them would rise, as only a minority would own one...
But yeah, would make it a heckuva lot harder

zimmk2vgc
Jun 17, 2005, 02:19 AM
On 2005-06-16 12:17, Feelmirath wrote:

I think of it another way. It could be better it's a lot more rare, then the want for them would rise, as only a minority would own one...
But yeah, would make it a heckuva lot harder

Well it's not too bad. In think they've recognised the fact that they have taken out the pipe trick, however they have double the chance of seeing a rare enemy.
I think it was something like 1/512 to 1/256.

So it can't be all bad. Except running into Nar Lillies and Hildeblues in NORMAL on all the max attack runs.

Feelmirath
Jun 17, 2005, 11:13 AM
Well it's not too bad. In think they've recognised the fact that they have taken out the pipe trick, however they have double the chance of seeing a rare enemy.
I think it was something like 1/512 to 1/256.

So it can't be all bad. Except running into Nar Lillies and Hildeblues in NORMAL on all the max attack runs.

Yep, that just pisses me off. I was doing whitill temple vhard to get that nice regenerate gear, didnt find a love rappy, even by piping! So i give up an go throo temple wiv my greenil FOmar on hard, and the first rappy there was a love rappy! aaaaargh!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2005-06-17 09:14 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Jun 17, 2005, 03:37 PM
Great news. Finally, no more recoboxing.