PDA

View Full Version : I've retired from PSO GC, w00torz

TheOneHero
Jun 16, 2005, 08:49 PM
A few of you already know, but I've retired from PSO GC about a week ago. It just stopped apealing to me and most likely, I won't be going back. (I'm not getting rid of the game, I'll probably play with offline friends every once and awhile.)

One of my main reasons for retiring, is BB. No, I'm not going to be playing it*, (Fuck, I tired it and hated it. The shit from 1337 BB supporters and the constant bashing of GC from other BB users just took away all the fun and pissed me off.)

BB US Beta took a lot of GC friends, and nearly all of them say they aren't ever going back to GC. So this put a damper on remaining till the servers go offline.

Kinda sad really, I was expecting all of them to throw some kind of, "farewell party" Gib GM Kef. >_>;

* There is a slim chance I will be going to BB. Most likely after all the stupid 1337 fucks are gone, and the GC VS BB shit is done.

-Fossil-
Jun 16, 2005, 09:25 PM
Aww that sucks badly. I was looking forward to getting online. Ill probably try to gather some friends that would be able to play, so ill probably get online in november or so.

But hopefully the servers will get picked up by someone else after they close, lots of people generally go on those.

Genoa
Jun 16, 2005, 09:49 PM
Well, good luck in whatever you are doing, and don't quit on our forums now...

Sayara
Jun 16, 2005, 10:43 PM
On 2005-06-16 18:49, TheOneHero wrote:
* There is a slim chance I will be going to BB. Most likely after all the stupid 1337 fucks are gone, and the GC VS BB shit is done.

You're gonna be waiting a long while.

Regardless, I WAS gonna give you my Su needle/Yas9m but since you are leaving... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (kidding)
Anyway farewell, i might be following sooner or later.

Saiffy
Jun 16, 2005, 10:50 PM
No offence, but how does you leaving solve the problem of people leaving GC? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ah, you'll be missed dude...We'll alawys have our cwazy MSN conversations right? >_>;

trypticon
Jun 16, 2005, 10:54 PM
Another lost in the wake of the new uprising.

AxelgearVII
Jun 17, 2005, 01:05 AM
TOH. We had a good run man. ;o

Fossil
Jun 17, 2005, 01:31 AM
On 2005-06-16 20:54, trypticon wrote:
Another lost in the wake of the new uprising.

And in that wake, the few remain to keep the flame a burnin.

Tycho
Jun 17, 2005, 03:14 AM
I hope we'll see you back.
The BB community did greatly improve at the end of the beta, the population of Cronus (first ship) went from 1000 to 150. >_>;

dragoon-girl
Jun 17, 2005, 09:05 AM
On 2005-06-17 01:14, Tycho wrote:
I hope we'll see you back.
The BB community did greatly improve at the end of the beta, the population of Cronus (first ship) went from 1000 to 150. >_>;

wow.. would be better if they took more dang cards -_-

Superguppie
Jun 17, 2005, 09:17 AM
Odd. I pretty much played throughout the beta and haven't met a single GC-basher. Most of the people I played with are from the GC version and got fed up from the running and hiding, much like me. But even the people dropping in on us didn't seem to have a bad attitude about it. And that is not because the subject didn't come up.
There's assholes everywhere, don't expect BB to be any different. Just go looking for the ones that aren't. You may find some around 6pm GMT - 10pm GMT (and probably a little later) on Phoebe 9.
Anyway, I haven't completely quit GC. I still have Superguppie at only 3million from 200. Me and my friends may even get back to GC to celebrate when I finaly make it, and sort of say our goodbyes to the servers that have kept us coming back for more for about 2 years. (most of us EU...)
I really hope you will reconsider about BB and the population. And like Tycho said, it's much quieter now that all the cardless assholes are waiting for the moment at least the first part of that title gets lost.

Neith
Jun 17, 2005, 09:59 AM
ToH, like Tycho said, BB's population is nicer now, not as many n00bs and not as many so-called vets spreading shit.

Shame to see you leaving GC, but if you do ever decide to come to BB, lemme know http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Had a lot of good games with ya, lots of getting owned in PW#4, but was a great laugh.

Just try not to judge the BB population as a whole... the people bashing GC/XBox are definately in the minority as far as I'm concerned, and the remaining community that have stayed seem nice enough so far.

Anyway dude, good luck in whatever you do, remember what I said about BB.

TheOneHero
Jun 17, 2005, 10:04 AM
On 2005-06-16 19:49, MegamanX wrote:
Well, good luck in whatever you are doing, and don't quit on our forums now...

Thanks, and I have no intention on leaving the forums. =)

Tycho- Are you serious?! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I might head to BB ealier than I thought. =/ Funny how now that I don't play GC anymore, BB doesn't seem so bad.

Axel- Yeah it was fun, and we'll have to do it again. ;p I'm actually planning to renew my GC HL a month or so before everything goes offline, for one last, party.

Superguppie- Maybe I just found the wrong people on Beta. -_-;

Sharkyland
Jun 17, 2005, 10:09 AM
I'm on GC still... I only do cmode now. As well for BB, I'm on it too, only problem is... I lag like he.ll if the lag doesn't stop, I probably will just be doing solo stuff.

adamgnome104
Jun 17, 2005, 10:21 AM
When it stopped appealing to me, I tried to regain my intrest buy going on gamecube again.

BAMF YOUR GAME HAS BEEN CORRUPTED AND YOUR CHARACTERS NEED TO BE DELETED!

Fuckers.

Same day as PSO BB Beta came out though.

>_<

I hope you come to PSO BB!

Dana
Jun 17, 2005, 10:36 AM
oh, i hate when ppl leave......makes me sad.....hmmmm

well,i have no intention of leaving offline GC anytime soon, not until iget a new computer!!!the i will play BB

hope i see you all there

please play BB......we all would hate to see ToH leave!!!

:'(

ShadowChao
Jun 17, 2005, 07:28 PM
I started playing BB about 10 hours before the Beta closed. Thoughts? Well, so far it's great!

I've run into people who are all about BB and hate GC/XB, and others that are the opposite (why play BB if you hate it...?). Didn't bother me any, we just discussed the pros and cons of each. To be honest, the worst experience I've had so far is some RAcast coming into my game yesterday and trying to tell me how MAG's work and whatnot. >_< Kinda annoying when you've been playing since V1DC and already know that stuff http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I'm not gonna tell you to stay or go, but I will say that I'm surprised by BB. It's ... addictive, really, to see it full of life and great people, regardless of whether they support GC or not. Besides, everything has it's fanboys. Can't let that sway your vote, can you?

Blitzkommando
Jun 17, 2005, 08:51 PM
I have to agree with Superguppie. Many of my greatest friends play BB, though some still play GC as well. I haven't seen any GC/Xbox vs. BB arguments, even from day one of Beta. Not saying that there weren't, but from those that I have met, none are elitist one way or another. Though I have to say Tycho exaggerated a bit, Chronus is averaging about 300-400 when I am on. (Between noon and 5 or 6 AM EST) Yes, give it a chance! We would all love to see good fun people join in on the fun.