PDA

View Full Version : Who here plays Diablo II at all?

Castoth
Aug 5, 2002, 11:35 AM
Was looking for a new online RPG to play since PSO and found that (yes I know, a few years late). Now I'm addicted to that almost as much as I was with PSO. Anyone else here play it at all or am I just a freak?

BTW, account name *xenodias on USEast. Might as well leave that up in case. Will respond later tonight since I have to go.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 5, 2002, 12:37 PM
I play on USEast, meow.
My accounts are: scavengerapple, ]hf[snapple, snappurunyanko

Shadow_Blade
Aug 5, 2002, 02:56 PM
I used to but, i stoped for a variety of differnt reasons.

Celestial
Aug 5, 2002, 03:01 PM
i play it but since i havent beaten it on offline mode im not going online. so i know what the story is and so on

IceBlink
Aug 5, 2002, 03:42 PM
I play on USeast too.

Account names is BlinkOfIce (don't laugh), and BlinkOfFire.

o_O I swear I'm not named after the armour.

Guile
Aug 5, 2002, 03:51 PM
I play sometimes..really only if there are people I know to play with..

but i have both a uswest and east and I'm sure they are both named *Vilaria

googles
Aug 5, 2002, 07:10 PM
i use to play..i uninstalled it. After reading this thread i feel like playing again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif We gotta make a psow game.

Castoth
Aug 5, 2002, 09:48 PM
Heh, that would be interesting. I generally play it as much as I did PSO back in the day now during the late hours. At least I'm not the only one playing this few year old game here.

Celestial
Aug 5, 2002, 09:50 PM
i JUST made a char for online, i feel like a super newb tho cause i dont know much of the story line. but its fun. im on USwest

Castoth
Aug 5, 2002, 10:28 PM
Most people ignore the storyline after the first playthrough anyway so don't worry about it. Might make a West account also one of these days to cover both sides of the country.

Antman
Aug 5, 2002, 10:40 PM
i play on USEast, i have a 76 Sorc, she is l337. Although in act 5 most of the enemies are cold resistant, and that is what my "major" is (Im a Frozen Orb Sorc)

Celestial
Aug 6, 2002, 12:23 AM
On 2002-08-05 20:28, Chaos_Knight wrote:
Most people ignore the storyline after the first playthrough anyway so don't worry about it.

i know but also when selling and reading the story i take awhile by the time im done my team mates have already mowed down more then half of the stuff or even completed a quest

RuneLateralus
Aug 6, 2002, 12:43 AM
I play the game, but only offline as well.

Oddly for the same reasons as Celestial. I would like to know more of the story first, and by playing the game online, you miss half the monsters doing that.

Kent
Aug 6, 2002, 01:07 PM
I haven't installed the game since my last HDD format, but I probably will, sooner or later. My usernames on USEast are: KentF and KentF2 (yes, I'm a creative little bastard).

Last_Saiyan
Aug 6, 2002, 01:25 PM
Anyone who wants to play on USwest, my account is cyrusyang. I'm on Everyday and night after 5:30 pm Pacific time and the whole day on Saturdays and Sundays. If you think that the community here on psow is bad, get ready to have your shirts flipped because people are riduculous in Diablo II online. But like most people, I play with people that I know or that I've found and they happen to be pleasent to be around. The overall attitude is like a market place on Diablo, heck people still sell and bid rares on ebay. I've seen an item sell for $65, which is more than the game itself. Other than that you'll just find greedy bastards, those who likes to flaunt their items, and some Koreans who hates the U.S.'s a$$. Note to players, Koreans aren't as subtle as the Japaneses on PSO. If you want to play with me, I'll give you some starter equipments and help you out as much as I can, if you are a season player then we can go mfing, kill some cows, or do some questing. If you can donate a WF or Eagle Horns...then I'm your friend for life hehe

Kent
Aug 6, 2002, 01:41 PM
I don't really get why Koreans play on the US servers, they don't speak English, probably get bad pings seeing as they're so far away, and only know words like "PK", "gogogo", and "English" (which they immediately respond to with "no", no matter what context you use it in).

Celestial
Aug 6, 2002, 02:06 PM
i was playing online last night and was just in a room with myself so i could go at it at my own pace and still beable to use my char online ^_^ not a bad idea i think. i'll probably stay liek that untill it gets too hard or i beat normal

Last_Saiyan
Aug 6, 2002, 02:06 PM
exactly, but the one's I've encountered picked up the f word and they like to associate that with the word USA after it too. it was pretty moronic and embarassing to be him at that time as I asked if why he's playing a US server if he hated them so much...but yes, that's all he knew so it wasn't much help. Other than little nicks like that Diablo II can be a very enjoyable and addictive game because of the deep skill trees and tons of items to be found or crafted. Anyone who can play USwest, pm me and let's give it some run

Ness
Aug 6, 2002, 04:31 PM
I used to play, but now I play Starcraft and may get Warcraft 3 sometime.

Antman
Aug 6, 2002, 09:16 PM
I've seen an item sell for $65, which is more than the game itself

Yea my friend bought a WF from a friends friend, (Unid so he knows its legit) for $40 buckaroos. I gotta admit seeing that thing in action made me make a Bowazon

Last_Saiyan
Aug 7, 2002, 02:48 PM
The best way to get the dangest deals are to go to ebay and bid on Accounts if you have to buy instead of find things on your own. I've seen an account with the wind force along with tons of other elite uniques and suped up characters go for a final $30 yesterday!! If you don't like their characers just have the items transferred to your guys, you save tons when you buy bundles. Anywho, I'm still sticking to finding my own things as I think it's ridiculous to shell out anymore money than I did for the game itself... but I had paid $10 for a double saber on pso a long time ago in the Glory days of Pso one. Hehe

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 7, 2002, 05:23 PM
uNF, just got a nice team today with...
IceBlink
TSFO-deftone
SF-SnAPPLE
Elixer
Kumasama
Wang_tang

I found two ravenfrosts and tal rasha's amulet while rushing tsfo-deftone. It's kind of nice getting something in return for helping others, eh? =o_@=; Well, I did kind of die a few times... a lot of times... losing massive level 85 exp =>_<=; Baka neko.

Antman
Aug 7, 2002, 08:07 PM
WHERE did you find the Ravenfrosts! Ive been looking for those for like 2 months (trying to find on my own, not trade)

00JOE
Aug 8, 2002, 02:33 PM
I play D2 on USWest.

I have 3 accounts; McMaster101 McMaster202 McMaster303

I'm really bored with it, I have like all the uniques except some Elites.. I barely play anymore. But if you need help I'll gladly rush or something.

Castoth
Aug 8, 2002, 11:57 PM
One thing that PSO had but Diablo II didn't was more of a sense of community. Dunno why exactly though conversations in lobbies aren't something to be desired to be involved with.

"can u rush me 4 free plz!!!!!!!!!" (4 more lines in a row of that)
"can any1 give me items!!!!!"
"stfu stupid n00bs!"
(spam)
(spam)
"damn those koreans"
(spam)
"Blizzard will start deleting accounts at random by midnight. To save your account, whipser your account and password to *youareamoron"
"can any1 rush me plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

...and repeat for hours at a time. Not to mention half of the public games you join, one jerk just has to go hostile and want to PK you. While PSO had it's morons, they weren't in such high abundance.

Kent
Aug 9, 2002, 06:44 AM
Meh, I would install Diablo 2 on my computer, but, unfortunately, it would pretty much take up what's let on my HDD. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I'll be getting another one soon though, it should be arriving today (along with my new CPU, motherboard, and RAM http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif).

Dangerous55
Aug 9, 2002, 01:47 PM
I play alot, my account name is *Whiterook55

I am on USEast so lets play sometimes, I got all characters for like any type of difficulty.

Last_Saiyan
Aug 9, 2002, 04:05 PM
I agree with Chaos Knight, the lobby is a strip off from IRC or a chat room. I've tried to find an equivalent site like psow but there just isn't one. If there's a comparison it's something like this, people on pso will screw and call the next day...as the community of Diablo will leave the next morning and disappear. The thing that sets Diablo on a better case is the deeper skill developements and the item hunting.

TedEdFred
Aug 10, 2002, 08:44 PM
I play sometimes, but I've been a bit busy or lazy and haven't played much in the last week. Im on USEast account TedEdFred.